Video Corruption and Related Card Issues

Tulkas

Can you provide a screenshot and a track file of the glitches?

Nate

Nate,

Thanks for your help yesterday, downloading a new video driver got most of it working and dropping the level of water from 4 t o2 sent my FPS to 25!

Rgds,

James

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this happened to day: I got over 1.2gb video card used the Sim froze momentarily and then came back ram dropped to 148 then slowly climbed back up to 1.2gb froze again then dropped back to 142. Was happening while flying this mission, defend camp yanky mission. weres the afghan map?

I'm getting 27 to 47 with this settings.

Text: High

Scenes:med

civ tr.: yes

Water: Low

Visb.R.:high

HB:on

Shad.: high

Res.: 1920 x 1200

MSAA: 8x

Clutt/Bush: 500m

windowed mode

HDR Off

TSSAA Off

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I have the flashing corruption on buildings/trees also, they start when scenes and visible range are set to medium everything else at low. On cat10.7's I observed occasional little black squares on the TAD page about the size of the on screen icons but haven't noticed this since upgrading to hotfixed 10.9's

DxDiag.txt

Flashy.trk

Edited by Scarecrow

Attention Nhancer Users

I did a quick browse through the threads and haven't seen this mentioned... For those not using Nhancer or if you don't know what it is, DISREGARD.

As a DCS Blackshark user I had created an Nhancer profile that gave better anti-aliasing in game. I had considerable performance problems in A-10C in the past few hours I've tested but made break through this morning before class. I believe Nhancer was seeing Black Shark's executable (DCS.exe) as A-10C's executable. After setting BOTH from override application settings to "use application setting" my performance is now perfectly acceptable!

Zach W.

Mr Rig:

Zotac 780i

E8400 overclocked 4.1GHz

4GB OCZ Platinum 1066

GTX 260 core216

DCS harddrive: 1TB Caviar Black

I did a quick browse through the threads and haven't seen this mentioned... For those not using Nhancer or if you don't know what it is, DISREGARD.

As a DCS Blackshark user I had created an Nhancer profile that gave better anti-aliasing in game. I had considerable performance problems in A-10C in the past few hours I've tested but made break through this morning before class. I believe Nhancer was seeing Black Shark's executable (DCS.exe) as A-10C's executable. After setting BOTH from override application settings to "use application setting" my performance is now perfectly acceptable!

Zach W.

Mr Rig:

Zotac 780i

E8400 overclocked 4.1GHz

4GB OCZ Platinum 1066

GTX 260 core216

DCS harddrive: 1TB Caviar Black

Same. I was getting single digit FPS while using the nvidia control panel. After setting everything to use application setting, it's gone up to the 30s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

It's an Nvidia driver problem as I posted above. There is no distinction between executables with with the same name. I believe the profiles are embeded within Windows registry so it's not an easy fix unless you custom modify or delete the profiles with a tool like nhancer or name the .exe to something that the Nvidia driver doesnt recognise. I think the ez fix is to temporarily rename the .exe (untested)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Flickering MFCD when litening pod or mav is up.

I downloaded fraps (my very first ingame video!) and put up a quick unlisted video to show you what i mean.

Windows 7 64

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition

2GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2

no multi moniter

Lowest pre-set graphic settings

23FPS (when not recording)

4870x2 app pref for aa and ansio TSAA and 8x selected. when flying high above structures and looking down get some flashing textures that may be related to shadows (although thankfully none of the vertical lines of FC2 and BS) pretty sure it might havwe something to do with my settings, but I thought I'd throw it out there. A No shadows option would be nice.

edit: running low shadows; e8400. 4 gig ram

Same problem here. Must be related to ATI. Black flickering shadows seemingly on the roof tops of buildings when flying over them. I'm running low-medium settings.

I have a 5770 1GB

Q6600 @ 2.4

4GB DDR2-800

Windows Vista SP2

Catalyst 10.9

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Hi, glad to meet you here guys!

I am not sure if the following minor bag relates to Video issues or it's already known. As soon as I get in cockpit and unpause, paused window disapears as should be, but game keeps freezed, a second press needed to proceed. Do you also have it or it's my rigs issue ?

CPU: i920 @ 2.67 Ghz

MB: ASROCK X58 EXTREME

GPU: ASUS ENGTX 260+ GL 896 MB

MEM: DDR3 6 GB

O/S: W7 Ultimate x64

A10: 64 bit

DX : 9c

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

When flying over clouds, and moving the head, I have blue artifact extending from the cockpit frame, as on the screenshot below. It looks as if the cockpit and the landscape where not synchronised. Here the light blue area is quite small, but the faster I move, the bigger it is.

My graphic card is a GTS250

screenshot022dn.jpg

When flying over clouds, and moving the head, I have blue artifact extending from the cockpit frame, as on the screenshot below. It looks as if the cockpit and the landscape where not synchronised. Here the light blue area is quite small, but the faster I move, the bigger it is.

It's known and on the list.

Nate

Hi, glad to meet you here gays!

I am not sure if the following minor bag relates to Video issues or it's already known. As soon as I get in cockpit and unpause, paused window disapears as should be, but game keeps freezed, a second press needed to proceed. Do you also have it or it's my rigs issue ?

CPU: i920 @ 2.3 Ghz

MB: ASROCK X58 EXTREME

GPU: ASUS ENGTX 260+ GL 896 MB

MEM: DDR3 6 GB

O/S: W7 Ultimate x64

A10: 64 bit

DX : 9c

This is happening to a few people but nobody has helped us yet with more info, can you help?

What I would like you to do is delete everything in the Temp folder in the main DCS folder. Then start a mission and fly around for a bit, then exit. Go to the temp folder and zip the contents and attached them to your next post.

Thanks

Nate

This is happening to a few people but nobody has helped us yet with more info, can you help?

What I would like you to do is delete everything in the Temp folder in the main DCS folder. Then start a mission and fly around for a bit, then exit. Go to the temp folder and zip the contents and attached them to your next post.

Thanks

Nate

Received loud and clear ! I'll do that as soon as get home from work !

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

So glad to finally make it in here!

Now that I'm here, I see there hasn't been any discussion about SLI besides my query.

Running dual evga GTX 295 (quad SLI) on core i7 965 extreme on 6gb corsair ddr3.

All graphics settings at LOW or OFF (eg. HDR OFF, etc).

I have tried this in both 32bit and 64bit versions.

When SLI is enabled, everything is normal until I reach the loading screen, the one with front view of the A10 and the bar graph at the bottom. Upon reaching the loading screen the entire screen starts flickering/blinking on and off very rapidly. Probably 10-15 flashes per second.

The mission does eventually load. I get into the cockpit and the flickering continues until I exit out of the plane and return to the mission summary screen.

When SLI is disabled, everything works fine with no flickering at any time.

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds? Or should I just wait until the optimization build is complete? My FPS with SLI off and all settings at HIGH is reasonable, but I can see it drop to single digits when the MFD content gets complex. I know it would be better if I could use both boards and then I might be able to crank up the HDR and AA settings as well.

Thanks!

Here's what I'm seeing.

Weird colors on buildings (not very visible on this shot), but most of all problems with textures and apparent Z buffering issues between textures arround yards and the terrain mesh.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42975&stc=1&d=1286483923

MISSING TEXTURES written on ground. Bug or they are really yet to be done?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P