Activate groups after client joins.

Mechanist

Hi, tried to have a generated coop misson with 2 Su-25T-s. We started from the ground so i had to put a 5 minute late activation on all the moving units in mission. After the 5 minutes elapsed I (as the server) saw the activated ground and air groups moving towards the enemy. In the other hand my wingmen saw the ground unit stationary, but the air unit moved according to their flightplan. Strange but it gets stranger. After a couple minutes I asked my wingman to check the F10 view and he just reported the strangest thing. Units where floating arround all over the battlefield with incredible speed. First i didn't belived it so I asked him to pass me the track. Checked the track and it captured the bug.

Read about ghost planes in this forum so it might be connected.

I restarted the mission and asked him to join after 5 minutes (after the units were activated) it worked fine.

Here are the tracks:

Mine (server)

http://mh59.mgszki.hu/users/_mech/DCSW/server-20120503-220910.trk

His (client)

http://mh59.mgszki.hu/users/_mech/DCSW/client-20120503-221323.trk

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

Ok, dowloaded it from the link I gave and watched it. The bug is in the track. Open the client track and switch to F10 map mode. Scroll near the enemy forces (70kms south from Mozdok) and zoom out. Wait till 7:05. At 7:05 red ground units appear. Now the server and the client track will begin to differ. At the client track all red ground units are stationary when on the server track they move according to the plan in the mission editor. Also notice that the AI AH-64A flight which activated later moves normal in both tracks. Now at 7:10-7:11 a strange "rubberband" effect appears on the F10 map view in the client track. The server track remains normal. You just need to accelerate the time, lets say to 10x and watch the whole track in F10 map view.

Checked with one of my squad mates, (other the the wingman) and he see what I see too. He also dowloaded it from my previous link.

Edited by Mechanist

No its not solved. But I found the exact cause of it.

We tried the same mission in 1.1.2.1 and the same bug happend. So i ran some tests and found the cause of the bug.

You see in the mission editor there is a checkbox called "visible before start". It is the cause of the problem. When it is turned on the problem will error, when it's turned off (default) everything runs well. (except the clients can't see the routes of the newly activated groups, but they move fine.)

After I figured this out (don't know how just intuition) I fixed my misson and it ran just fine.

I personaly used that option to reduce the load when all the units come in play because with this option the 3D modells appear on mission strat. Also you can destroy them, and it is a cool feature to have. Please fix it. Hope it helps.

Edited by Mechanist