How to remove Saitek X52/X52 Pro Throttle Detents

Greb

Here is a small picture tutorial on how to remove the Throttle Detents on the Saitek X52/X52 Pro.

I found a thread on this but I thought I would post another with pics in case someone needed a visual in order to do it. This is very easy to do only requires a small Phillips screwdriver.

I have found this helps very much for refueling and just all around throttle movement.

Have Fun!

x52detremov01.jpg.9760d01fb94dd2f3238bdb0c25ad073a.jpg

x52detremov02.jpg.48bf84455cd7102bfb8e14470b983058.jpg

Edited by Greb

• 2 years later...

Could someone assist with the X52 Throttle detent mod? I removed the lug and put the throttle back together (it was pretty hard to put it together, it seemed as if the throttle doesn't really fit well..)

but now instead of the two bumps at the bottom and top of the throttle that it had because of the lug, now there is a bump exactly at the center. It's not as bad as the original bumps, but it's still distracting.

Anyone run into this issue before?

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the tip!

Here is a small picture tutorial on how to remove the Throttle Detents on the Saitek X52/X52 Pro.

I found a thread on this but I thought I would post another with pics in case someone needed a visual in order to do it. This is very easy to do only requires a small Phillips screwdriver.

I have found this helps very much for refueling and just all around throttle movement.

Have Fun!

Thanks a lot for this awesome tip! Works great. Got it done in 10 minutes - thanks to your how-to it was very easy, absolutely no harm done to the throttle and those annoying detents are gone so the throttle is nice and smooth all the way! Perfect! Thanks again.

edit : hmm, can't give you rep+ for some reason :-/

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

edit : hmm, can't give you rep+ for some reason :-/

You can't rep an old post (over a few weeks old) and that post is over three years old.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can't rep an old post (over a few weeks old) and that post is over three years old.

Too bad, he deserves it! I'm very happy with my throttle now :-)

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Maybe you can rep me. :D

This is the same work (after Greb's thread) with more details: [X52Pro] Removing Throttle Detent (1280px Photos!) :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I did mine the other way. I only removed the useless idle detent, so I still have the AB detent. It required disassembling the same parts but removing the notch on the throttle bottom and putting the spring block back in. Been a really great mod.

The downside is there is no reversal from this.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

• 5 months later...

God, thank you so much for this. I mostly fly A-10C and KA-50 so there was no need for the detents. Taped the little spring block to one of the sidewalls inside the throttle in case I ever want it back in. Also took some of the excess grease that had worked out of the contact points for the throttle and put some back where it was needed. Put a little under the centering collar on the stick and it fixed most of my friction problems there too.

Also wasn't aware that the friction dial on the side of the throttle was supposed to click... spring was too short for the detents to engage at all. Stretched it by a millimeter (and replaced the FAR overzealous greasing job with a little gun oil) and now it's nice and snappy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

This was helpful as I am going to turn my old x52 Pro into a collective, which does not need any detents. Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Could someone assist with the X52 Throttle detent mod? I removed the lug and put the throttle back together (it was pretty hard to put it together, it seemed as if the throttle doesn't really fit well..)

but now instead of the two bumps at the bottom and top of the throttle that it had because of the lug, now there is a bump exactly at the center. It's not as bad as the original bumps, but it's still distracting.

Anyone run into this issue before?

Well i removed my throttle detent without any issue. The Throttle is working very smoothly and there is no more bump/detent anywhere. I think just check if you have re-assembled your throttle correctly. I think some thing is left/forgotten by you. Check the wires are not disturbing/touching your throttle.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Well i removed my throttle detent without any issue. The Throttle is working very smoothly and there is no more bump/detent anywhere. I think just check if you have re-assembled your throttle correctly. I think some thing is left/forgotten by you. Check the wires are not disturbing/touching your throttle.

I am going to guess that, after 15 months, the problem has been solved. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am going to guess that, after 15 months, the problem has been solved. ;)

lol I didn't see the dates :cry:. By the time may be he thrown his joystick :megalol:

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I just registered on here to say that I read the guide, and tried to do this myself.

Unfortunately, the two screws located nearest the friction dial are absolutely fixed in place. Nothing will budge these. My screwdriver is the appropriate size, and I used the maximum amount of force possible, to the point of bruising my hands, without stripping the heads off the screws, but it's almost like they're glued down because they didn't move even slightly. Some of the others were tough to unscrew, but nothing like those two.

It's a more recent stick in case that makes a difference. It's a shame as I am now stuck with these detents and I am suspicious that Saitek have started doing this to stop people opening up their sticks.

Loosening the friction dial doesn't help?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 5 years later...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.