SEAD missiles .

eric963

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following is false

DCS 1.2.4.12179.160 update is now available.

DCS World

Multiplayer: Fixed anti radar homing missiles exploding after launch if the mission was restarted by the server.[/Quote]

Track is attached. Dont you tell me "this is single player" - because the same file controls the missile in SP and MP. That just proves you were wrong in the quoted sentence. Maybe that "mistake" was on purpose??? You never listened to posts like Badger66 bug report. It was never just a server issue, it was a bug that happened in every possible instance of the game. And you did not fix it. And I saw a post by Badger66 (if I remembered well the name) where he reported all the SEAD issues, and now you come and tell us you people fixed something that is just a part of the problem? Or it was never a cause of the problem anyway... Come on...what do you take us for?

This is my game version - 1.2.4.12179, a CLEAN install, downloaded from official site. Clean meaning it is not "updated" and it is not installed in a previously existing folder. It is CLEAN.

976161_269849279827207_2098710853_o.jpg

This is what happened:

1. Missile Launch - first one in this updated version:

324505_269851493160319_887020233_o.jpg

2. Missile explodes, just like before:

964407_269851959826939_1502856124_o.jpg

And on top of that, see in track that Kh25MPU still misses targets in the same way as it used to before the "fix".

I think you really owe us some explanations!

Not by some "attached personel". I think it would be at least fair that Wagner himself explain what is the meaning of this. If anyone has patience - it's this community, but telling us that something is fixed, and it bugs on the very first time you use it...that is not what we deserved from being faithfull to you all this time. So, EXPLAIN! Not because I am asking you to, but because moral abides you, as well as laws on product quality. Nevermind if Su25T is free, it is a part of package that comes as a platform for products you sell. So, it is eligible to law. Please, just please - give us a serious answer now. Stop with the word playing and tell us why is this not fixed and when will it be? I surely hope before people give up on you. I want to play, don't missunderstand me, but instead of reducing the number of bugs, there comes new ones... Leave aside the "weekly updates about everything we dream of together" and make a post where you explain in a reasonable fashion how do you plan on fixing this, fixing other things that people are reporting and will you ever organize yourselves so that you bring us quality instead of predictions and promisses *like you did with half-information on F15C and SU27, instead of telling us what you actually planed. YOU SAW ON FORUMS that people thought it was to be a full DCS modules, but you all kept quiet as long as you could. WHY? Explain us this symptomatic behaviour, please. I am not the only one who is rapidly loosing faith - because you do this things. You can give me all the negative points you like, but it would be fair to the people who feed you with money to explain your behaviour now. If you remain silent, then your intentions are very very vague.

How hard it is to use script-part from 1.2.3 or whatever - that controls behaviour of SEAD missiles? Just revert them to previous settings where they worked very well and normal. Is that so hard, for Christ, Allah, Buddha and all other sake?

NotFixed.trk

Edited by Hotarubi

Nvm it does not show the the number after the last .

Whgat number? Version number?

Go trough the forums or ask some ED Testers what is that number that is not seen in game, if that is what you refer to. As much as I saw on few posts - the hidden number is the installer, not a game version. If you're reffering to something else, tell me what did you think of. Please make your posts so that we know what are you talking about exactly :)

If that is the number you're talking about, the answer lies here:

File Name: DCS_World_1.2.4.12179_180-4.bin

That is what I downloaded today.

And anyway, I didn't make this thread so that we discuss it, don't take me wrong, but it is time that someone explains this kind of behaviour. Not some attached tester, or forum admin, I want some developer himself to explain. Don't anyone tell me they're busy. We are busy earning the money every week as well. And look at that - we plan on giving a part of that money for their product. Now, that demands a REAL explanation. If there will be no explanation, and without promises and dreamy plans, but a FACTUAL explanation - then it is clear that someone is pulling our noses here.

Edited by Hotarubi

Take it easy mate, keep calm.

I´m sure ED knows about this problem and bring us a solution in incoming updates.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Take it easy mate, keep calm.

I´m sure ED knows about this problem and bring us a solution in incoming updates.

I am calm. I know they know. But saying you fixed something you did not is lame. Saying the truth is not rage.

THIS IS NOT A MINOR ISSUE!!! This is something that actively disables you to play as it is intended. You don't have a valuable asset in teams and missions that require SEAD. And that is most of the online missions. This is one little job that they refuse to do properly, and the one which makes the game unplayable. Not for Su25T players but for all! Because it smashes the concept of gaining territory by disabling you to do so. This "little" issue makes the game unplayable in practical use! IT IS NOT TO BE DELT AS MINOR!

Tell us you didn't have time, tell us anything you always do - but don't make us happy by saying you fixed it just to crash our dreams on our next flight. Come on, it is not so hard to revert a piece of code to previous version - the one that worked. Of all the bugs they keep promising to fix - they made one additional. And we are to sit back and enjoy..... yeah.

IF they acted more seriously - we would have increasing, instead of decreasing number of active online players. IF they acted more seriously - i would already buy at least 3 modules. IF they acted more seriously - at least 5 of my friends would buy FC3. Count the money they are not getting. Yeah, new planes are sweet, but all the "better this than wait for the final product for 10 more years" phylosophy falls when you get NEW bugs on subjects that worked well. Revert it FFS, you have the old files somwhere. COPY/PASTE that piece of code. That is less than day of work.

You know what is the real problem? They want to make as more content possible in shortest time, instead of REALLY focusing on making the existing content WORKING as it SHOULD.

The outcome? Unsatisfied community that has nothing to play. Remember the number of players in FC 2.0? And in 2.11? What did it come to? Bunch of people playing "World of planes/tanks". That is not something that gets you headache? Go to TS Servers that were FC servers. They all play tanks. Same people that loved your product. Read the signs and stop being neglecting and irresponsible! Get over yourselves ED and start thinking straight before all of us that won't go away - get to old to play. This is an example of bad business. One that they teach you about in school.

Edited by Hotarubi

Hi guys, new here.

I attempted Sead with the 25T. Ive been hosting a mission I made on the editor with a bunch of friends whom ive convinced to get into DCS games and world. What I have found starting yesterday after the latest update patch 1.24...??? some other crazy number fixes, is that my Missiles..58 and 29mpu will have a 100% hit rate against Tunguska and SA-8 and -9's so long as they have the radar type ICON displayed in the diamond on your HUD. EW and other warning radars that are emiiting but not classified in the HUD and launched upon will explode in your face..this includes ZSU-23-4's that turn on their radars but it takes time for the Fanstagore(SP?) system to classify....only my humble observations but it seems like it is totally buggered.

Eric

Hi guys, new here.

I attempted Sead with the 25T. Ive been hosting a mission I made on the editor with a bunch of friends whom ive convinced to get into DCS games and world. What I have found starting yesterday after the latest update patch 1.24...??? some other crazy number fixes, is that my Missiles..58 and 29mpu will have a 100% hit rate against Tunguska and SA-8 and -9's so long as they have the radar type ICON displayed in the diamond on your HUD. EW and other warning radars that are emiiting but not classified in the HUD and launched upon will explode in your face..this includes ZSU-23-4's that turn on their radars but it takes time for the Fanstagore(SP?) system to classify....only my humble observations but it seems like it is totally buggered.

Eric

Mate, this bug happens on targets that were valid since Su25T hit the market in FC2.

EWR wasn't a valid target even before (can't fire with antiradar missiles on them), but you can use Fantasmagoria to discover their locations. It's not about that. They've bugged it to oblivion.

Mate, this bug happens on targets that were valid since Su25T hit the market in FC2.

EWR wasn't a valid target even before (can't fire with antiradar missiles on them), but you can use Fantasmagoria to discover their locations. It's not about that. They've bugged it to oblivion.

ED has working on the ARM problem, check Wags last Friday update:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=106566

The team is already at work on a third and final update to version 1.2.4 that will address some additional pressing issues (increase stability, anti-radiation missile accuracy, A-10C RWR, and others) before moving on to version 1.2.5.

SEAD missiles STILL exploding of the rail

DCS 1.2.4.12179.160 update is now available.

DCS World

Multiplayer: Fixed anti radar homing missiles exploding after launch if the mission was restarted by the server.

The missiles still explode when going off the rail. Actually all 4 of them wich means firing two 58's bam gone in 2 seconds and after the 25's blam gone to....

Can we get a quick fix through the autoupdater cause this is kinda gamebreaking to be honost.

g8PjVMw.png

Great to hear that the are taking the time to fix these issues :) I have gotten a number of the modules now and will buy more when they come out. So its promising to see that they are constantly fixing this game. However on this note, since the last update came out and the Huey:) their has been a mini-fix update almost every second day, so to have this system fail like that through an update which is to improve, is kinda dis-paring.

this is more serious than it appears. Some online missions put the Su25 in the Sead role, with all the other planes relying on it. I saw a bunch of A10s get wiped out the other day (kinda cool!) because none of us could get the job done in the SU25s with the broken ARMs.

I have reported the KH 25 problem and the SEAD Red side Attack Logic.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• 2 weeks later...

Those missiles missing targets even while radar is constantly locking on missile or aircraft that launches missile.

Both Kh-58 and Kh-25ML very often missing targets. And both sometimes (in radom moments) exploding just after launch.

Its so annoying.

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

I'm currently finding Kh-58u are reliable whereas the 25mpu are 100% unreliable and always miss.

Must admit I haven't done much SEAD with the above missiles for some time -came as a surprise when my MPU's went long on an Osa...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

confirmed on 6 sorties today - 25 MPU completely unreliable - always overshoot and miss.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

fix?

navigate to config/weapons

open missile_data.lua in a text editor

search for "Kh-25MP" (or Kh-58 or AGM-88 etc)

fourth line down or thereabouts should be a line like sigma = {10, 10, 10} (or some other numbers). this sets the missile "error" (CEP) in meters, expressed as a cube (ellipsoid?) centered on the object (not quite, see below). adjust this up/down to suit your realism factor.

notes:

1) even with this set to {0,0,0}, there is still some error. a hit is not guaranteed with small slant angles. for best results go high and dive the missiles on target.

2) the "hit zone" is not centered on the object but rather on the sensor, radar in this case. go to scripts/database/vechicles/sam + scripts/database/vechicles/sam/radar and search the lua files for "GT.WS[ws].pos = {x,y,z}". this sets the radar position from object origin in x,y,z coordinates, in meters. it is, as expected, centered on the vehicle footprint and above it a few meters. setting it to {0,0,0} helps a bit. use the modelviewer with grid on to get an idea of where it is initially and where would you rather want it moved.

3) comment the original lines and add your modifications with copy+paste or better yet, back up the original files before editing.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how you people tell that the 25MPU's have more accuracy than the 58's, as it's just the opposite:P!

The 25MPU's seem to be those that are more than 70% of the cases overshooting the target or hitting randomly close to it (if they aren't destroyed by SAM), while the 58's have the best accuracy so far..., having a hit to kill probability of more than 60-70% and so about 35% of them might actually fall randomly near their mark!

If i shoot all the 4 MPU missiles at a SAM radar, i pray that any of them will hit their mark..., while for the 2 remaining 58's, i'm more than certain they will hit the target directly, if not destroyed else way!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!