Patch 1.0.1

This thread will be used to list and discuss items included in the upcoming Black Shark patch version 1.0.1. Please note, the full fix/feature list includes well over 100 items and is not yet finalized for publication. The below items are some of the more significant feature enhancements included in the patch. More items will be posted as they are prepared.

Given that the team is currently heavily occupied with finalizing the international release, it's difficult to estimate the release time of the patch. We'll go out on a limb and say May, but no promises!

The patch will likely be 300+ MB.

NEW TRIMMER IMPLEMENTATION

In addition to the default trimmer implementation, in which control input is disabled momentarily to allow the player to quickly re-center his controls, a new method will be included in version 1.0.1 with a different re-centering logic. In the new method, control input is disabled until the player returns the controls to their neutral position. This allows the player to re-center his controls smoothly, minimizing unwanted control input.

The new trimmer logic is optional and is selected ON by default upon installation of the patch. Selection of the trimmer implementation will be available in the GAMEPLAY menu of the options.

The heading trim logic has also been redesigned. Functionality of the heading trim channel will now depend on the yaw rate when the trimmer button is released. If the yaw rate is under 3 deg/sec., the autopilot will stabilize the helicopter heading. If the yaw rate is greater than 3 deg/sec., the autopilot will stabilize the yaw rate to maintain the turn.

The trimming mechanism can be adjusted in the controls configuration file:

...Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\FMOoptions.lua

The relevant variables are:

HelicopterTrimmerMethod - trimmer implementation option: 1 - original, 2 - new (selected by default).

The default neutral positions to which the player must return his controls to reactivate control input (in % of half of the controls' full motion!)

HelicopterTrimmerZonePitch = 0.05 (5% in pitch)

HelicopterTrimmerZoneRoll = 0.05 (5% in roll)

HelicopterTrimmerZoneRudder = 0.1 (10% in yaw)

HelicopterTrimmerTauInverse = 7.0 - time factor for the period given the player to re-center his controls when using the old trimmer implementation.

IMPORTANT! All of the above LUA values are recorded for track playback. Any alterations of these values may result in incorrect playback. Also, do not use the Windows Notepad to edit LUA files, as it will corrupt them. Use a proper UTF-8 capable text/code editor.

NEW KA-50 WEAPONS

New unguided rockets have been added:

S-8OM - illumination rocket. Once fired, the rocket flies a ballistic trajectory. After 17 seconds, the warhead separates and releases a parachute-retarded illumination flare, which descends at a rate of 8.2 m/sec. The illumination flare burns for 35 seconds.

S-8OFP2 - blast-fragmentation rocket. Enhanced fragmentation effects and increased engine burn time. Used against infantry and unarmored targets.

TRACK PLAYBACK PRIOR TO MISSION START

It's now possible to create missions with a pre-recorded introduction track.

The procedure to create a mission with an intro track:

1. Create a mission with the necessary triggers, graphical and audio material.

2. Launch the mission, record the intro track and save it.

3. Create a new file, called "continue_track" with the number '1' inside. The file can be created with Notepad or other similar program. The file should have no extension.

4. Open the TRK file with your archive opener (winrar, etc.) and insert the "continue_track" file inside the "track_data" folder of the TRK archive.

5. Rename the TRK extention to MIZ.

As a result you will have a MIZ file that includes a track file inside. When the mission is launched, the track will be played back, after which the player will be handed control automatically.

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS TO TRIGGER EVENTS

Removed the MESSAGE action.

Renamed some actions:

- MESSAGE WITH DELAY renamed to TEXT TO ALL

- SOUND renamed to SOUND TO ALL

Added the following actions:

- TEXT TO COALITION

- TEXT TO COUNTRY

- SOUND TO COALITION

- SOUND TO COUNTRY

- DEACTIVATE GROUP (this action will remove the group from the game world permanently. It will not be possible to re-active the group).

- END MISSION (force mission end when the trigger rules are true)

- SET FAILURE (set helicopter system failure with time and probability)

- SET EXPLOSION (use a trigger zone to set the location of the explosion and set the altitude and power of the explosion in the trigger action settings)

- EXPLODE UNIT (select unit to explode and power of explosion)

- SMOKE MARKER (use a trigger zone to set the location of the marker and set the altitude of initiation in the trigger action settings)

- ILLUMINATION FLARE (use a trigger zone to set the location of the flare and set the altitude of initiation in the trigger action settings. Note, the flare burns for 120 seconds, falling approximately 1000 meters in that time.)

- SIGNAL FLARE (use a trigger zone to set the location of the flare and set the altitude of initiation and flare color in the trigger action settings)

WINGMAN REARMING

The wingmen will now re-arm/refuel with the player. They will also shut down/re-start their engines with the player.

Edited by EvilBivol-1
  • Like 2

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents :

Looks good ! Those illumination rockets will come handy.

Only one thing :

The new trimmer logic is optional and is selected ON by default upon installation of the patch.

I would say leave that to default logic. Personally I hate it when my settings change after a patch.

Keep up the good work.

Wow theas are some nice upgrades and fixes. If the list is over 100 items long I look forward to reading the rest of the fixes in the patch.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

deactivate group will be great.

I wish for "group in zone" where any unit in group reaching zone sets trigger.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

deactivate group will be great.

I wish for "group in zone" where any unit in group reaching zone sets trigger.

Good call..:thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

As a result you will have a MIZ file that includes a track file inside. When the mission is launched, the track will be payed back, after which the player will be handed control automatically.

Soooo, it would be the track recorded in the same mission?

And for the player it would look like:

- start mission

- simulation loads

- the track plays

- simulation REloads

- mission begins.

Right?

- SET EXPLOSION (use a trigger zone to set the location of the explosion and set the altitude and power of the explosion in the trigger action settings)

- EXPLODE UNIT (select unit to explode and power of explosion)

ZOMG the possibilities!!! I cant wait for this

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Soooo, it would be the track recorded in the same mission?

And for the player it would look like:

- start mission

- simulation loads

- the track plays

- simulation REloads

- mission begins.

Right?

Actually:

- start mission

- simulation loads

- the track plays

- mission begins.

no gap, no reload

Cheers.

Dont forget, if possible, the functionality of the triggers in MP.

Thanks for this awesome patch.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Very nice. The DEACTIVATE and SMOKE MARKER triggers look interesting. If the patch most likely does not come till May, I guess I will build some more missions before then.

Edited by MBot

Are they going to allow Cold Start before missions? I hate to jump into an already ready-to-fly chopper... :/ It's like letting the hotel boy bring your Bugatti Veyron from parking... 8(

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update on the patch!

Some nice trigger-options and additional functionalities to the MissionEditor!

May is okay with me - I mean, it's not like the game is unplayable as it is and the major downs noted probably won't be fixed in a simple patch.

Any confirmation on squashed bugs?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Any technical bug fixes?

Any confirmation on squashed bugs?

The patch is mainly aimed at bugfixing, as EB said in the first post the changelog is huge, more than 100 items, but the full list is not set in stone yet.

Are they going to allow Cold Start before missions? I hate to jump into an already ready-to-fly chopper... :/ It's like letting the hotel boy bring your Bugatti Veyron from parking... 8(

Matt changed all of his Oil War Campaign missions to cold start.

• Like 1

Matt changed all of his Oil War Campaign missions to cold start.

Did he adjust waypoints/actions of other map objects too? If not, then there might be some problems. For example, I remember one night raid mission in which immediate take off and speed of over 250km/h are needed to reach target area in time just before SABs are dropped. I think it would be very hard to fit in time frame if cold start was introduced in that mission without postponing SABs for at least 5-10 minutes.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Hello and thank you for the update on the forthcoming patch.

I have a question:

why is the MESSAGE action removed from trigger events?

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS TO TRIGGER EVENTS

Removed the MESSAGE action.

Regards,

Airway

Another question about the 'track before mission' feature. I would think that most people would press F1 instinctively if the mission doesn't start in the cockpit, thus overriding the saved views of the track. How is this problem dealt with?