MI8 manual

Fifi

There are still major gaps in the Huey manual as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Quote "Think in Russian. You cannot think in English and transpose."

:music_whistling:

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

No Mi-8 DCS/Belsimtek manual yet as far as I know, though if you cut and paste the chapter on basic helicopter flight dynamics is the same for all of them.

In the Docs folder in the Mi-8 folder there is a REAL Mi-8/Mi-17 manual. It assumes that you are already an experienced medium/large turbine powered helicopter pilot and that you have been checked out on where controls are located either from other documentation or from being trained by an experienced Mi-8 operator. The translation from Russian can be a bit ambiguous as well especially for some of the technical terms used for labeling some of the charts/graphs. It's filled with good information, but much of it is not really very relevant for what a flight sim player needs to know, especially when first starting out on the Mi-8

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

There are still major gaps in the Huey manual as well.

Well, i never had such a complete plane manual in any simulation yet!

It might be some gaps here and there, but i'm not expert enough to find them anyway...:)

I found an MI8 quick startup PDF (wich was useful BTW), but i hope a complete MI8 manual will be released some future close day.

In English of course, but best for me would be in French! (i can always dream :megalol:)

That makes me think i have to thanks whoever made the French BS2 manual!

Edited by Fifi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Esb77 for your info :thumbup:

Didn't know about this doc folder.

They definitely will release a full manual and it will be in that Doc folder when it is ready. It's really part of what makes them DCS level aircraft. The A-10C manual is nearly 700 pages. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
Well, i never had such a complete plane manual in any simulation yet!

It might be some gaps here and there, but i'm not expert enough to find them anyway...:)

I found an MI8 quick startup PDF (wich was useful BTW), but i hope a complete MI8 manual will be released some future close day.

In English of course, but best for me would be in French! (i can always dream :megalol:)

That makes me think i have to thanks whoever made the French BS2 manual!

Can you post a link to this quick startup PDF please.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will have it with the module.

Located in your Drive/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/Mi-8MTV/Docs

Link to Mad Tommys croped pdf for tablets

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9592060/cropped/DCS%20Mi-8MTV2%20QuickStart%20EN.pdf

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]