moving the comms menu

slowhand

Hey Guys, I run 2 monitors and the comms menu text shows up in the second one, but is unreadable due to my rt MFD in DCS A10. Before world I could edit this file and move the text to the main screen, C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\FUI\Resources\Radio menu.res. My trouble is that I can't find that radio folder? Is it still WIP or has it been moved?

Also the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\FUI\Resources menu.res does not have the same info in it..any help would be great thx..5X5:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

ss

ive attached a screenshot

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/brettmccl/commsmenu.jpg

the comms menu is hiding on the right monitor behind the right mfcd

ive carried out a full install using and in order

world 1.1.2.1

P51d 1.1.2.1

A10c 1.1.1.1

a10c update 1.1.2.1

in c:\programfiles\eagle dynamics\dcs world

and c:\programfiles\eagle dynamics\dcs A10C

I have only used the original files no clickable mod installed

this renders the second screen useless......how can we fix this please

brettmccl

ive carried out a full install using and in order

world 1.1.2.1

P51d 1.1.2.1

A10c 1.1.1.1

a10c update 1.1.2.1

in c:\programfiles\eagle dynamics\dcs world

and c:\programfiles\eagle dynamics\dcs A10C

Just a quick thing. The items I bolded have absolutely nothing to do with DCS World.:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The radio-menue is completely reworked....

(in DCS:World)

Files for appearance and behaviour are now in :

...\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel

But I can't tell what exactly to do to get the click-able/moveable functionality back , I had only a brief look at the files.

BTW - Interesting Detail:

There are player-controlled radio-menu settings for ground-units and for a T-72/M-1 Abrams.....

>>> DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\Config\

@Developers/Testers

Please bound the Communication menu at least again to the "UIMainView" in DCS:World , instead on the whole in-game reselution.

..., so Multi-head users are able to use the communication menu again! :)

Or even better - create a dedicated View-port for the Communication-menu.

And while you are on it - make it click-able via a check-box.

So it works like it has done in 1.1.1.1 :

Drag/Drop and Click-able Radio Communication menu

It was pure joy to chit-chat with the AI without to grab the keyboard.

But now..... (!).

Edited by PeterP

Pete, Thx bro I'll look around in that folder and see what i can find.:thumbup:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I got a simple workaround, EDIT following file:

... DCS World/Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua

Line 55:

menuWidth = 280

Increase this number (its in pixels) and the menu will move to the left side. Example... I have main screen 1920 pixels wide and 800 pixels touchscreen to its right... so my menus now show on the touchscreen... when I increase this number from 280 to 1080 (adding the 800 pixels of the touchscreen) the menu shows 280 pixels over the main monitor... simple aye :D

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 3

No longer active in DCS...

Line 55:

menuWidth = 280

Increase this number (its in pixels) and the menu will move to the left side. Example... I have main screen 1920 pixels wide and 800 pixels touchscreen to its right... so my menus now show on the touchscreen... when I increase this number from 280 to 1080 (adding the 800 pixels of the touchscreen) the menu shows 280 pixels over the main monitor... simple aye :D

Thanks for the tip. Now the comms menu is back on my main monitor. Rep inbound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

kuky,thx for the intel on the line edit.that worked for me...:thumbup: I'll rep ya down the road need to ..lol spead it around:megalol: :music_whistling:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

• 3 weeks later...

this helped thx

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

• 3 weeks later...

Line 55:

menuWidth = 280

Thank you :-)

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Line 55:

menuWidth = 280

Kuky, you are a legend mate!! Well done and thanks.

However, ED/ Wags - can you please note PeterP's comments so we can get a clickable radio menu back. Using the Function keys again is a real pain. I was hoping this (a clickable radio menu) is something DCS would have by now in the standard build.

Just wanted to add my thanks also, as this was looking like it was going to bug me

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

This might be a better fix, as the menuWidth change will not prevent the text to overflow to second monitor.

The menu location is defined on line 103 :)

menuPanel:setBounds(width - menuWidth, 0, menuWidth, height)

Changing the first paramater to i.e 1600

menuPanel:setBounds(1600, 0, menuWidth, height)

will set the menu on fix location 1600,0.

This way, you will not get text overflow to second monitor.

Note that if you changed the menuWidth on line 55, to move the menu, you need to change it back to it's default value, or your com menu will go FUBAR :)

btw, thanks to Kuky for pointing me to the right file :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm

i have tried both solutions *(meue width and peters edits abovebut i still cant see the menue items.

any idea what i might be doing wrong?

main monitor = 1920 x 1200, 10" USB mimo monitor = 1024x 600

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL