Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

Please mind forum rule 1.12 when using the Eagle Dynamics forums to discuss news of other products.

1.12. - While general news and updates on other simulation projects are allowed in the Other Sims section, this is a privately run forum for Eagle Dynamics projects. General discussion and product support of other titles does not belong here and should be moved to the appropriate publisher/developer website.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please mind forum rule 1.12 when using the Eagle Dynamics forums to discuss news of other products.

1.12. - While general news and updates on other simulation projects are allowed in the Other Sims section, this is a privately run forum for Eagle Dynamics projects. General discussion and product support of other titles does not belong here and should be moved to the appropriate publisher/developer website.

That seals it for me,DCS next Aircraft will be a F/A-18 Hornet:thumbup:

j/k lol

Patrick

mini.gif

i have been playing with this for the past 2 weeks and i think that it is quality stuff.

they have also indicated that they are in production of the 2 seater F model.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VRS Superbug on sale

On sale for the next week...VRS Superbug download

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=18572

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

On sale for the next week...VRS Superbug download

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=18572

Thanks for the heads up, bought it and having a blast :thumbup:

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

• 3 weeks later...

As posted on the VRS Forum

by adiemus » Sat May 12, 2012 7:47 am

Time for another check in.

We're still in the middle of bug hunting. Jon's been doing extensive cleanups of the XML side of things, and working on updated documentation for all the new systems added in the TacPack.

There are a few things I'm currently working on. First is the Phalanx CIWS implementation for carrier point defense. Now, in addition to RIM-7's on the carrier, we've got the CIWS, which we implemented with tracers ala the C-RAM, so you have something to dodge. (minus the exploding shells of the C-RAM) Though it should be noted the tracers are only fired every 30th-ish simulated round, to keep from bogging the sim down.

I'm also working hard to fix a few odd recently emerging bugs in the FLIR/NVG implementation. Odd because I can't reproduce them, but multiple beta testers have, even though none of them has been traced to any code or config change between when they were working and when they stopped. (Making trying to fix them a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack while wearing welding gloves and a blindfold) The one variable that seems constant is that the only people affected have ATI cards, so I've actually ordered myself one to try to reproduce the problem locally. (If you're considering a video card for use with FSX, I can't recommend nVidia highly enough. We're not going to turn our backs on ATI users, but in our experience the incidence of issues is far lower with nVidia kit)

We are getting closer to an open beta, but we're not quite there yet. The NVG/FLIR are experimental features, but we're not going to knowingly ship them in a state likely to be broken for 70% of ATI card users.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Thanks that's what I was looking for. Apparently I have acceleration with FSX gold - I'll go ahead and get VRS once I get it working.

Nate

I just happened upon this thread about a week ago. I knew nothing about this FSX, 3rd party add-on. I don't have the SuperBug, yet, but I am looking at it. I have had FSX and the Acceleration pack for 3 or 4 years but it never ran very good on my old Dell or my homebuilt. I just put it on my new Alienware and it can fly FSX almost maxed out with frame rates of a consistent 60. From your referenced listing (message Post #37, this thread) I downloaded the AICARRIERS2 last night and got that running with the FSX's F-18.

Found this YouTube index to feel out the F-18 SuperBug:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=superbug+fsx&oq=SuperBug&aq=1&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=youtube-reduced.1.1.0l4.4296552.4301350.0.4309677.8.5.0.3.3.0.189.622.3j2.5.0...0.0.pHASwIPkeWI

So if I go purchase the SuperBug and the embellishments for it, then DCS will publish its F-18 beta, the next day. LOL! I just wonder if that is the next DCS aircraft? I realize even if you knew, you guys in the know are not allowed to talk about it. And DCS will most likely do it better. But from what I have been reading, the many classified aspects of the Super Hornet may prevent this. But never say never.

Edited by ErichVon

So I'd need to get FSX, then Superbug for FSX then this?

This is interesting. I'm seriously intrigued now!

Does Accufeel run with VRS or are they incompatible?

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

That seals it for me,DCS next Aircraft will be a F/A-18 Hornet:thumbup:

j/k lol

re: Message Post #60:

You Think? LOL!

That is why I am balking at buying the FSX 3rd party SuperBug. DCS's version, if it is the F-18, should be a lot better as to the shortcomings of my FSX. I never did like it.

Remember the SubLogic flight sim that pre-dated Microsofts' FS? Talk about lousy frame rates...

I'd settle for any aircraft carrier plane DCS wants to model be it WWII, Korea, 'Nam, and since to the present and be quite happy as to my previous 4 DCS aircraft purchases to date.

Edited by ErichVon

"crashing and burning since 1982"

You got me beat by 3 years as to my Commodore 64. LOL!

Buddy of mine, started out putting together PC's soldering components to the motherboard in the 70's.

Accu-feel should work with it as it seems to work with anything I tried. You will likely want to adjust/tune it as I found it's defaults were a bit overboard. I haven't had the Superbug installed since I acquired Accu-feel (actually still need to reinstall it since a recent rebuild).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Apparently I have acceleration with FSX gold - I'll go ahead and get VRS once I get it working.

Nate

Same here :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• 1 month later...
I wanted to know which is better DCS A-10 or VRS F/A-18E Superhornet

If you are interested in about a thousand varied opinions, search the Other Sims threads. ;)

I have both, you cannot compare the two since one is a multi-role carrier bourne fighter and the other is a dedicated CAS aircraft. In terms of level of complexity I'd say they are on an equal level although the SH does not yet have A/G radar, FLIR, Datalink, IFF, ACLS. After Tacpac the SH will have A/G radar, FLIR, Datalink, IFF, MP Combat and some other features later VRS plan on doing an F, G and a Pro version which will have a more detailed FM(the current one is quite good anyway) ACLS and no doubt other stuff not mentioned.(the Pro FM will have the ability to depart etc{current one can do that anyway if you fly asymetric loadouts}). DCS A-10C is an awesome addon and it has as much complexity as well as being in a full combat sim.:thumbup:

Buy both if you're into flying, carrierops and blowing stuff up.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

DCS will have a superhornet then you dont have to decide :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I have and love both, but obviously DCS should be your first purchase and VRS second.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I have both, you cannot compare the two since one is a multi-role carrier bourne fighter and the other is a dedicated CAS aircraft. In terms of level of complexity I'd say they are on an equal level although the SH does not yet have A/G radar, FLIR, Datalink, IFF, ACLS. After Tacpac the SH will have A/G radar, FLIR, Datalink, IFF, MP Combat and some other features later VRS plan on doing an F, G and a Pro version which will have a more detailed FM(the current one is quite good anyway) ACLS and no doubt other stuff not mentioned.(the Pro FM will have the ability to depart etc{current one can do that anyway if you fly asymetric loadouts}). DCS A-10C is an awesome addon and it has as much complexity as well as being in a full combat sim.:thumbup:

Buy both if you're into flying, carrierops and blowing stuff up.:D

Have you tried the "Team SDB - USS Enterprise X" add-on SUBS?

Still here to provide the counterpoint... No it ain't! ;) Sorry, just going to have to oppose you on this one.

Well several FSX pilots have landed real Superhornet simulators with real LSOs on carriers in both day and night successfully after practicing with FSX in particular VRS SH. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]