DCS Bf 109K-4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I still do not understand why K4. I mean... G6 would be the best for the time period. Most produced 109, the G6 would be capable of many tasks. Also, K4 is an overkill against P-47D.

P-47 would already have problems with Dora at low alt, and against a K4... everything will be very difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I still do not understand why K4. I mean... G6 would be the best for the time period. Most produced 109, the G6 would be capable of many tasks. Also, K4 is an overkill against P-47D.

P-47 would already have problems with Dora at low alt, and against a K4... everything will be very difficult.

Do not underestimate the P-47. It could take a beating and was unmatched in diving abilities.

Hopefully by the time the Kurfürst is released VKB's KG.12 grip will be out (I know, KG.13C in the Kurfürst but still).

Was pleasantly surpised to find a KG.12 trigger keychain after unpacking VKB's T-rudder pedals.

source: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/1680-vybor-devajsa-vkb-mamba-fat-pro/page-2

ecbff87e2c13ae590539c0b73d817c17.jpg

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Why on earth would a P-47 run from a 109? ;)

Because it won't be able to outturn or even outmaneuver it.(if both pilots are equal) The place where P-47 shines is over 8000m. Bf109K4 is faster (if I remember correctly) at all lower altitudes and if fighting will take place low (with current spoting system... very possible) the P-47 will be out-classed.

The only thing that will give it ability to survive is its durability. I realy hope one would be able to take a pounding in this plane :P

P47-D have really good performances at high altitude where 109 are having a bit of trouble to fly if i recall corectly

No. Older Bf109s like G6 were not as capable at high altitude. But later modifications (even of the G serries, G6/AS etc.) were capable of very good high alt performance. K4 has very good high alt performance.

K4 TAS 716kph at 6000m

P-47D TAS 674 kph at 7620m

yeah...

Take into consideration that 47 is heavy...sooooooo acceleration is also better for the 109. If you get slow in a 47... you are dead.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

The only thing that will give it ability to survive is its durability. I realy hope one would be able to take a pounding in this plane :P

With the current DCS damage model? Even the Spitfire will be able to take a pounding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

This P-47 vs 109 banter is all frivolous if you ask me. A fighter's combat capabilities vary directly with the skill of the pilot.

I put my money on a fresh cadet in an F-16 versus MvR in a Fokker Dr.I (and you would too), and the performance gap need not be so extreme for average pilot to win against a better one. There is a reason why countries invest billions of dollars in order to upgrade their fighter aircraft.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

No. Older Bf109s like G6 were not as capable at high altitude. But later modifications (even of the G series, G6/AS etc.) were capable of very good high alt performance. K4 has very good high alt performance.

K4 TAS 716kph at 6000m

P-47D TAS 674 kph at 7620m

6000m, or just under 20kft, is a medium altitude.

Again we have a late war German a/c vs a mid 1944 American a/c.

6000m, or just under 20kft, is a medium altitude.

Again we have a late war German a/c vs a mid 1944 American a/c.

It is medium altitude for the modern day era. When a plane has 11000m of service sealing and you are fighting at 6500m... to me it is high alt. 7500m was the average alt for bombers.

Acording to modern-era "USAF brevity,

Low <= 10000 > Medium <= 30000 > High."

To me low alt means 0-2900m 3000-5900 medium, 6000-10000 high.:v:

This P-47 vs 109 banter is all frivolous if you ask me. A fighter's combat capabilities vary directly with the skill of the pilot.

As gavagai said. I want to see you do anything against K4 at low alt. You are dead meat. Whatever you do. He is faster, more agille, better accelerating, has better stalling characteristics, better turn. Yeah... go ahead and show me those awesome fighting skills :joystick: P-47D is a dead meat against Bf109K4. You can only win by the first pass with a head-on attack or by massive energy advantage.:pilotfly:

My channel:

As gavagai said. I want to see you do anything against K4 at low alt. You are dead meat. Whatever you do. He is faster, more agille, better accelerating, has better stalling characteristics, better turn. Yeah... go ahead and show me those awesome fighting skills :joystick: P-47D is a dead meat against Bf109K4. You can only win by the first pass with a head-on attack or by massive energy advantage.:pilotfly:

DavidRed will probably kick your or my butt no matter what you or I fly though. :D

He'd shoot down an Me-262 with a Tiger Moth armed with hand grenades with electricity bills attached to them.

Honestly, I am curious how the P-47 will turn out online. We might actually be surprised as flying an aircraft in DCS is definitely not the same as flying an aircraft in any of the Il-2 titles.

I know lots of people predicted that the P-51 would get murdered by the 190 pilots once the Focke Wulf became flyable... and so far these planes compete on equal terms most of the time.

Edited by Charly_Owl

DavidRed will probably kick your or my butt no matter what you or I fly though. :D

He'd shoot down an Me-262 with a Tiger Moth armed with hand grenades with electricity bills attached to them.

Honestly, I am curious how the P-47 will turn out online. We might actually be surprised as flying an aircraft in DCS is definitely not the same as flying an aircraft in any of the Il-2 titles.

I know lots of people predicted that the P-51 would get murdered by the 190 pilots once the Focke Wulf became flyable... and so far these planes compete on equal terms most of the time.

I am new within DCS community and never heard of him... soooo can you send a video or something?

My channel:

I am new within DCS community and never heard of him... soooo can you send a video or something?

Fly on Dogs of War for a while and if you have the chance, or rather the misfortune of engaging him... you'll see what I'm talking about.

Let's just say that he made me eat a good chunk of humble pie. However, I became a better pilot for it. :pilotfly:

Bf 109 K-4m W.Nr. 570 xxx "Weisse 6", 9. /JG 4, Germany, Spring 1945, with something under the belly that very much looks like an AB (250?) series bomb container.

ab250.jpg

The picture shows a AB 250-2 with 224 SD 1 bombs (215 kg weight)

The fuses for this one are 79A and 69D.

Other AB250 loads are:

AB 250-1:

measurements: 1632 x 381 mm

96x SD-2 (242 kg)

AB 250-2:

measurements: 1618 x 373 mm

224x SD-1 (215 kg)

144x SD-2 (280 kg)

40x SD-4 HL (210 kg)

17x SD-10 A (220 kg)

28x SD-10 C (274 kg)