HOTAS Warthog™ Press Release (*CAUTION* Oversized Pics)

wharthogcoul.jpg

Official Press Announcement:

http://www.simhq.com/_technology/PDF/HOTAS_Warthog_PA.pdf

Website Product Page:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=221

New High Res Promotional Images:

logotarget.jpg

packshothotaswarthog.jpg

packshothotaswarthog2.jpg

hotaswarthog12960720.jpg

hotaswarthog22960720.jpg

hotasw4.jpg

hotasw5.jpg

zoom1r.jpg

zoom3.jpg

zoom4l.jpg

zoom5.jpg

zoom6.jpg

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question remains, how many honey-dos is this going to cost me?

I am guessing around 1 billion....which makes my count about 3 billion total now.

*Heads out to mow the lawn in the dark.*

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

My question is: Will this beast give me carpal tunnel like my old F-22 did. I skipped the Cougar because my arm literally couldn't take that strain anymore..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

The question remains, how many honey-dos is this going to cost me?

I am guessing around 1 billion....which makes my count about 3 billion total now.

*Heads out to mow the lawn in the dark.*

You got it all wrong...just give her a $500 gift card for her favorite store and call it even. Of course you won't have to worry about wives/girlfriends when you drop five big ones on this .....because you won't have one.

You can't do a stealth upgrade with this monster lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

You got it all wrong...just give her a $500 gift card for her favorite store and call it even. Of course you won't have to worry about wives/girlfriends when you drop five big ones on this .....because you won't have one.

I know, a stealth upgrade is out of the question.

However, it is heavy enough to where if she tried to kick it she would just break her foot. lol

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

The Warthog is really 400 and change not 500USD but you keep saying 500. Look here, google price search....I am paying 407.00USD shipped and you can too see....http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Hotas+Warthog&oe=&hl=en&cid=13514028465026527545&ei=MDWvTNGdA4zOwgX0gsCTBQ&sa=button&ved=0CAkQgggwADgA#scoring=tp

By your numerous hesitant comments related to the warthog I have to think you have been burnt unusually badly or you are absolutely a "glass half empty" kinda guy. ;)

My Cougars have served me perfectly well over the years and I will give my Modded NXT to my wife when the Warthog arrives. I simply can't wait for that day. From all I have heard from those using them now, I very likely will not be dissapointed in the least but rather very very impressed. In other words I see your half empty glass and raise you a full one. :D

Out

• Like 1

The Warthog is really 400 and change not 500USD but you keep saying 500. Look here, google price search....I am paying 407.00USD shipped and you can too see....http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Hotas+Warthog&oe=&hl=en&cid=13514028465026527545&ei=MDWvTNGdA4zOwgX0gsCTBQ&sa=button&ved=0CAkQgggwADgA#scoring=tp

By your numerous hesitant comments related to the warthog I have to think you have been burnt unusually badly or you are absolutely a "glass half empty" kinda guy. ;)

My Cougars have served me perfectly well over the years and I will give my Modded NXT to my wife when the Warthog arrives. I simply can't wait for that day. From all I have heard from those using them now, I very likely will not be dissapointed in the least but rather very very impressed. In other words I see your half empty glass and raise you a full one. :D

Out

If the Cougar was so great out-of-the-box, there wouldn't be such a demand for aftermarket mods. lol

I, personally, would take my CH stuff over my Cougar any day of the week. Just an opinion there as I know some folks don't like CH gear.

I am hoping that the DCS Warthog changes my current opinion based on my last TM purchase. :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

If its under 600USD im buying it. But i cant find a retailer in denmark or europe. A google on this joystick offers no sites where you can buy it and none of my usual retail stores that sell seitek X65f and CH producs have anything about this.

Im sad. But bought A10C though and its just awesome maybe by the time i know all the system of the A10 ill have my hands on the joystick.

Snip...

Why oh why did you have to tell me this? I'm sitting here thinking it's $500(because that's what everyone has been saying)and trying my hardest to put the wallet away, and you come around and tell me it's $100 cheaper, I hate you :D

Anyone know where to buy this in Canada? :helpsmilie:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

If the Cougar was so great out-of-the-box, there wouldn't be such a demand for aftermarket mods. lol

Wish everyone would stop comparing the HW to the Cougar... It's a different animal! :P

Once the third party reviews are in, the nay sayers will see... the only thing resembling the Cougar is the looks of the handle, but once you feel this bad boy you won't want to go back.

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Out

I am a half empty kind of guy...you got me :P BUT here is where I keep getting the $500.00....straight off the TM website press release:

The HOTAS WARTHOG™ will be available in October, at a suggested retail price of £369.99 UK, $499.99 USD & €399.99 Euro (VAT included).

Check out all of our products at www.thrustmaster.com

I've owned many TM products: FLCS, F16, F22 etc so I do have quite a bit of expierence with their stuff, albeit a bit dated. All the above products had quality issues.

Like I said I skipped the Cougar and went another direction. After tinkering around in the beta for a while I've made up my mind to get the HOTAS Warthog and give TM another try...I still like the G940 but with the incredible fidelity of DCS:WH I just wont be happy with anything less...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

The HOTAS WARTHOG™ will be available in October, at a suggested retail price of £369.99 UK, $499.99 USD & €399.99 Euro (VAT included).

Check out all of our products at www.thrustmaster.com

Here's the catch, this price includes VAT. You don't have to pay this tax in US, lucky basterds ;)

I live in Poland, so I earn less than half of what you earn in the US for the job I do. I also have to pay for the stick 25% more because of european taxes, plus extra money for shipping from different country (probably about 30 Euro). And YOU dare to complain about prices. :joystick:

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

I was going to order from BLT but they are already oversold on the 57 they had preordered and I don't want to get stuck with a backorder :/

Ditto.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

So places like MacMall get the Warthog, but not places like Newegg.

Brilliant. lol

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

My question is: Will this beast give me carpal tunnel like my old F-22 did. I skipped the Cougar because my arm literally couldn't take that strain anymore..

i know what you mean... but if the HOTAS WARTHOG is anything like the T.16000M, should be easy on the wrists..

i my self have the Sumcom F-15E style Talon.. i get strain from that where as, my CH Fighterstick is pleasant to use..

owe well, soon to find out..

You won't get carpel tunnel from the HW. :lol:

The resistance is a lot "softer" than the feel of the Cougar (which uses linear springs in the Y & X axis). The Warthog uses a helical spring and ball joint - so no more notches, and for those who have tried or used a NXT modded Cougar, the resistance of the Warthog is a little more than that, albeit similar yet comfortably heavier. If you tilt the base of the unit on its side, the stick will deflect under its own weight slightly (the Cougar won't at all). I'd say it feels more solid than the NXT mod, yet with more evenly distributed force compared to any old TM sticks.

It's got a soft feel to it with some real substance if that makes any sense, LOL. ;)

It is an awesome HOTAS. I think many will be very surprised at just how nice it is :joystick:

TM did an outstanding job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

A sort of hog related question - when the real stick is being used and it is mounted at a twisted angle, is it just the top part of the stick that is twisted for a more comfortable grip, or are the axis of the controls twisted too?

I'm fairly certain it's just the stick top that's twisted and not the axis of the controls themselves, but might as well make sure.

Also does the stick allow for this configuration to be made without having to do some DIY (even if it's just to put a spacer between the stick and base) as it appears to have the stick pictured being mounted 'straight'?

I've tried using a center mounted stick before that wasn't twisted and it was uncomfortable.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Time to hit the jym academy

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.