Training Missions

Pizzicato

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've tried training missions and when all the steps are 'accomplished', the presentator says 'goodbye', the mission end and I'm back to the menu.

For example, in the 'basic handeling' mission, the final step to do is a coordinated turn at 280Kts, 7000Ft, 360° from heading 040. When I've done this, the mission automaticaly end => back to menu. I wanted to try the same part but with different angles of roll, going once left, once right,...

Is it possible to let the opportunity to continue the mission up to train the 'new learned' manoevers (drill training - do it over and over again up to have good reflexes).

I think it could be nice to be proposed to continue the mission or not at the end of the training 'module'.

(P.S.: Training lessons are very efficient. More than Black Shark and the presentator has the good tone)

(Sorry for my english, non native )

For moderator: I've created a thread first in the A-10C forum. I think the open-beta forum is much appropriate. So if you want to delete the other thread, feel free...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I can't get past the close canopy section of the A10 start up training mission. It says right click and hold the close canopy switch, but that does nothing, I close the canopy with the keyboard which is fine, but then nothing happens after that. THere is still a yellow highlight box around the close canopy switch, tried everything, no luck so far. I switched on the APU and then the tutorial seems to continue with the engine start but the engines don't start as there are a few steps missed out.

Win 7 64 bit, Cd2 E8500, GTX470, GB Ram.

Is it possible to let the opportunity to continue the mission up to train the 'new learned' manoevers (drill training - do it over and over again up to have good reflexes).

Yes, this is possible, but it's not possible to have the instructor present past a certain point in the mission. This is why the mission closes. However, some of the training missions do in fact remain open to give the student opportunity to practice without the instructor (for example TGP training, guns and rockets, bombing).

To all, feel free to make a suggestion regarding this point. Which do you prefer:

1) Training lesson is over, but mission continues as "free flight" with no instructor

2) Training lesson is over, mission is closed automatically to the main menu

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

To all, feel free to make a suggestion regarding this point. Which do you prefer:

1) Training lesson is over, but mission continues as "free flight" with no instructor

Number 1 for me, would love to continue as a "free flight".

I'd also like number one. The best way to practice "new things".

OS: Win11 Pro 64bit MB: ASUS B550-I STRIX CPU: AMD R7 5800X GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 SSD (OS and Sims): Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Accessories: TrackIR5, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals

DSMS Training Mission Issue

+1 Option 1

An issue I've not seen reported yet:

On the DSMS Training Mission the "instructor" asks you to press OSB1 on the left MFD to get into the Weapon Profile select page.

I do this and the MFD page changes but I can't get the "instructor" to acknowledge this step and continue the lesson. Tried holding down the OSB1 key for longer, didn't work, all I got was the "Stuck Key" message on the left MFD.

Didn't BS or FC (can't remember now) pause the training mission when it finished and you un-paused for free flight.

So I think option 1 definately.

Dr Watson, check out my post about 2 pages back with a checklist and video showing startup and shutdown procedures. These should help you get past the issue you're having. Just move on to the next step and the instructor will carry on.

After closing the canopy it's Boost Pump switches to on (all 4 of them) on the fuel panel on left of the cockpit.

Cheers,

Ells.

Option 1.

As Cctoide said, much like Ironhands Flankertraining videos; "Practice using the ABC by doing XYZ, there's some targets set up at waypoint X. You have control."

But what if you haven't done the lesson yet that says how to get to waypoint X ??

hehe just kidding, I like this idea for the text to show and say.

Currently running into a few issues with the DSMS training, when they have you navigating around the different profiles the voice over doesn't match what the text says, and even guides you to different places than what the text is saying. Very confusing!

Yes, this is possible, but it's not possible to have the instructor present past a certain point in the mission. This is why the mission closes. However, some of the training missions do in fact remain open to give the student opportunity to practice without the instructor (for example TGP training, guns and rockets, bombing).

Free flight

ASUS P6T SE, i7-920 @ 2.66, 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333, ASUS EAH5850 Radeon 1GB, and Win7 64

Saitek X52 throttle/joystick combo

Not training mission but this seems the most appropriate thread (apologies if I missed the correct thread).

1) Chose quick mission builder. Chose Nevada. Expected map for Nevada but got map for Black Sea instead. When I re-chose Nevada from the options I then got the correct map.

2) Chose quick mission builder. Chose Nevada region. Got a mission briefing in Russian+Cyrillic. Expected English briefing.

3) Chose quick mission builder and started in Nevada terrain. Went to F10 view and saw nothing. Altered zoom (a lot) until I saw something. It appears that the default F10 scale for Nevada missions should be set differently than for Black Sea missions or it looks like there is no map.

Originally Posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Originally Posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post

Yep, #1 here for me as well :thumbup: