The G940. a guide...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;824669']:huh: I have read the entire thread and it doesnt outline what I asked for...:confused:

??? The first thread clearly states what axis has to be bound with what. ???

Maybe i misunderstood what your problem is. :huh:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I do not understand the profiler. When I load a profile (I cant even find the standard one which is added to it for DCS BS) and I start DCS (not via the profiler, because that ain't working) he don't see my commands... What do I wrong??

• 3 weeks later...

The hardware is ok but the software is still in beta testing phase if you'd like to pay £260 to help Logitech develop their software, drivers and firmware feel free to join the team. They even recently admitted that logitechs software workaround for their substandard pots was the cause of the poor resolution of throttles and sliders :megalol:

If you want something that works out of the box as advertised then CH is probably your best bet, the G940 might be ready for sale later this year. I don't think you'll find anyone outside of the Logitech marketing team who would advise you to buy this system.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/bd-p/pcgaming

guys, CharlesB from logitech is compiling a list of issues, so that the fixes can get an accelerated release.

I recommomend everyone go over there and post a new thread of each issue: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/bd-p/pcgaming

hopefully that will get the software dev's into gear and make this HOTAS as good as it should be!

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

heya folks, im back from the dead, now with the same situation that i was in...i lost all my profiles and now i have to reset everything up.

does anyone know what buttons/sliders/axis that the following correspond to on the G940? or where i can look?

buttonassignment.jpg

Hi Guys,

I havent read the entire thread yet but I thought Id share a setup that I am happy with as it seems to have the best of both worlds (force trim and force neutralization) as using the force trim release is very inaccurate for me, regardless of the settings I use. The way I have set it up is so that as I go through an attitude change, I force trim while still flying the helicopter to get the trim in roughly the right place (as its pretty sloppy) then I use the joystick's D-Pad to make fine adjustments to hold the stick exactly. I have had a few hours in a Hughes 300 and that is the way the trimmer works on those helis so I dont feel like Im making a HUGE compromise of authenticity considering the current limitations of this hardware.

Specific game settings in the Profiler are:

Overall: 110%

Centering: 50%

Damper: 150%

And the sensitivity on both x and y axis' are 75%

I have set up the joystick's D-Pad to represent the arrow keys (as you will notice that while trimmed if you push the arrow keys the joystick will physically move in that direction)

So now flying has become a lot easier, and it has the added bonus of being able to make trim adjustments without throwing out the rudder/yaw pedals! (provided when you make the initial force trim you have the rudder pedals in neutral - OR you could activate force trim release to center all trims and trim the stick from scratch using the d-pad/arrow keys)

The only issue I have with this setup is that I still dont have a Track-IR so I have made it so the d-pad arrow/trim assignments are active when i hold down the shift button - which means I can still use the D-Pad for looking around the cockpit.

I know this is a compromise but until Logitech have the issue sorted its a work around!

(another issue I would like addressed *MARK* is to be able to tune the sticks default centering force as when playing X-Plane the stick has to be unplugged due to the massive effort required to move it. The only work around I can do is to start up Black Shark before hand, activate force trim release to center the stick and then quit and play xplane as the last trimmed position + my assigned 50% centering force stays applied after quitting Black Shark.)

HTH!

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

I am very excited!! I just found a way to get rid of the slop completely by accident. I am VERRY happy with my G940 now!! I received my G940 last week and was very disappointed in the slop I was getting with the trim button. I tried a bunch of different settings but none were working. I was fiddling with some settings that others have posted, but none of them got the results I was looking for either. I did a couple of other things and gave up. I then just wanted to play. So I got into a game and after playing for about 2 minutes I realized hey, my slop is gone. I played awhile longer and no matter how many times I trimmed, the stick stayed exactly where I wanted without moving. I wasn't getting the aircraft going all squirrelly anymore either. I don't know what was giving me the results, but i thought I would share my settings with you all and see what you thought.

Logitech Profiler settings

X and Y Axis Properties

Sensitivity 30%

Dead Zone 0%

Range 100%

Specific Game Settings

Overall Effects Strength 80%

Spring Effects Strength 55%

Damper Effects Strength 55%

Centering Spring 0% unchecked

DCS Black Shark

Axis Tune Panel

Deadzone 0

Saturation y and X 100

Curvature 0

Force Feedback Tune Panel

Trimmer Force 100

Shake 0

I think, but I don't know for sure, that when I adjusted the Shake to 0 on the Force Feedback Panel in Black Shark, the controller gets less confused about the trim.

Try these settings and see what you think. Its working awesome on my end. Thank you Logitech for a wicked controller. I couldn't be happier with my G940 now.

Edited by Sharkster64
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

• 3 weeks later...

Really good news from Sharkster64. Can somebody else confirm and reproduce Sharkster64 settings confirming that G940 actually works now?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Unfortunately, I tried those settings with non satisfactory results.

Not to say I am unhappy with the G940 - it performs very well in my book, however logitech could hurry the **** up with their improvements!

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

after a long wait for BS 1.0.2 and new logitech drivers, i did a complete reinstall yesterday.

well, the right g940 config seems to be still the holy grail for BS. after playing with ben1101's and sharkster64's settings, i found sharkster's too soft, but ben's a good point to start.

i think there is only one important FF-setting:

Centering Spring 0% + unchecked

all the other stuff is a matter of your personal taste.

unfortunately, the new logi game profiler seems to have some serious issues (Win7-64):

- no more reliable ingame-"on the fly"-config possible:

similar to sharkster64, i was fiddling with FF-settings during a testflight, somehow i found a very satisfactory result for the settings, but after a restart, everything was gone and the remaining FF-setting totally strange...

- switching game profiles:

the only way to be sure that a game-profile is active, OPTIONS - APPLY TO GAME - FIXED PROFILE (translated from german)

this is it so far, today i will play with the new hysteresis settings...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

ahhrg! forget about hysteresis, since there is no possibility to apply an axis to a rotary knob of the cockpit, it's useless to configure that...

my current config:

g940 stick:

x and y axis-properties: standard (50% 0% 100%)

FF: Specific Game Settings (100% 100% 100% center spring unchecked 0%)

ingame FF TUNE (category -> joystick): 33 and 0 (slop almost gone)

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

ok, 6 hours of experiments, the result:

a very strange looking setup, but working extremely well. check the ingame cockpit stick responding 1:1 to your input.

Logitech Profiler settings

Stick:

X and Y Axis Properties

Sensitivity 0%

Dead Zone 0%

Range 30% !!!

Specific Game Settings

Overall Effects Strength 100%

Spring Effects Strength 50%

Damper Effects Strength 50%

Centering Spring 0% unchecked

don't forget to unplug and replug the usb connection of the G940, to make shure the new settings are applied.

DCS Black Shark

Axis Tune Panel

Deadzone 0

Saturation y and X 100

Curvature -100 !!!

Force Feedback Tune Panel

Trimmer Force 100

Shake 0

before starting to fly, quickly unpause and pause the game, then move all inputs (throttle, pedals, stick) to the maximum and minimum to make shure BS gets the calibration of all the inputs.

• Like 1

Very interesting. So, you too, Alex, say that, now when you press the trimmer button, the stick stays firm in that location? The FF trimmer now works?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Just tried Alec's new settings and damn does FF work well. The stick is more accurate in resetting trim and there is almost no slop. The attitude really stays the way you intended the trimmed position to be. Same goes for force then trim. Great work Alec, be sure to spread the word to Logitech.

Hey thats a really nice setting. I like that one even better. I had to turn down the overall effects strength to 75 because it was a little too stiff for me at 100 but every thing else is real nice. Good job on that find.

Rep up +1. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

i'm glad you like it. :smartass:

actually, playing with a negative curvature is an old idea:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=758624&postcount=1

it seems to affect all FF-sticks on BS.

but with the G940, you can simply compensate the negative effect of negative curvature with lowering the input range. thats another indication, that BS is working very differently from other games, when it comes to joystick data handling combined with FF. maybe it's time for ED to handle the G940 seperatly and give this nice inputdevice a special treatment with the next patch...

:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

What am I doing wrong? I tried following the first post completely. Cleared out all the BS settings in game and setup my logitech profile. None of the commands work in game. Am I starting the game wrong? Can I not launch through modman?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Power5 on logitech profiler you need to change the program path to BS because it changed in 1.02. Same goes for Modman , make sure you are picking the right .exe (1.01or 1.02+) I just tried it with Modman 7.3 and it launches ok here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Dont follow you entirely. So, I need to change the path in the profiler for BS, and then inside Modman, do the same? What is the correct root path?

Is it in the bin/x86/stable folder? is it simulator or launcher?

Edited by power5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109