Interview with Matt Wagner and New Screens from DCS: A10

4722533165_17db79e1ec_b.jpg

Here is a new interview as well as some screenshots dealing with DCS: A-10C. The interview touches on multiple topics and includes some new screenshots at the end of the piece.

GS) Will the Sniper XR targeting pod be available for use in the upcoming sim?

MW) For DCS: A-10C we have instead decided to model the Lightning II AT targeting pod in great detail. Doing the Sniper TGP would not have allowed us to include the level of detail we want.

GS) Will we see Wind-Corrected Munition Dispensers?

MW) You bet. Both CBU-103 and CBU-105. Using WCMD, players can designate a ground location (often with TGP) and then release a WCMD at the target point much like it would do a JDAM. However, whereas JDAM are GPS-guided, WCMD are INS-guided. They both though use the same CCRP delivery.

http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/7060/DCS__A-10C_Producer_Interview_-_Exclusive_Screenshots.html

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am liking very much the Idea of controlling other flights than my own in the air. The Random generator is also beginning to look like the genesis of a Dynamic Campaign too. They just need to fix the blending in of the grass :)

Looking very very good indeed.

Nate

I'm not sure but I heard from someone on the forums that it will be a little more GPU heavy than CPU heavy as opposed to Black Shark and FC2. Probably something to do with the new grass.

It's much too early to even speculate about system requirements. I'd only take my info from ED, though. ;)

Thanks for the link, btw.!

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

DROOL................

Much anticipating this release!:thumbup:

I'm starting to regret the promise I made to myself not to fly it until my simpit is done:cry:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Thanks! I can't believe how visually-beautifuly it is turning out to be. I wonder what kind of system specs we will need to run it?
It will work just fine on my computer! (sorry I couldn't resist).

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Small error (unless you know something we don't :music_whistling:), closing paragraph puts the release date as "early next year":

We would like to thank Matt Wagner, The Fighter Collection, and Eagle Dynamics for their hospitality and patience in answering our questions about their upcoming DCS: A-10C, which should be due out on Windows PCs early next year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our hope, plan, intent, desire is to release the download English and Russian versions before the end of the year. The retail, boxed version is less clear.

Well... We don't have requirements of it yet, but what is your avrg. fps? Please tell! :D

The anticipation is almost becoming unbearable. It looks fantastic. I need to stop visiting these forums and maybe i'll stop dreaming a-10c.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

The anticipation is almost becoming unbearable. It looks fantastic. I need to stop visiting these forums and maybe i'll stop dreaming a-10c.

That doesn't work because I've tried it. Even after three months away from the community I still can't stop thinking about the A-10 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

That wait is killing me. I think i am an A-10 fetishist.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Well... We don't have requirements of it yet, but what is your avrg. fps? Please tell! :D

Average FPS of an application that is not yet finished would give you very little, if any, useful information. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Mmmmm, WCMD........................

Here's hoping we have accurately modelled BLU-108/Bs to go with the CBU-97/105s. It's going to be so much fun unleashing some CBU pain on all these mass armoured columns we keep seeing online. I might even leave the odd truck for the Ka50 drivers, maybe.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

wow. impressive. now I can't friggin wait to come out and be a elite A10C pilot... Time gonna to be slow until it release :(

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

I'm gonna get so fat:huh:

I'm not asking, because I already know, the barrels on the GAU-8 are animated ie spin.

Of course they are, this is DCS Son!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4