Mission Editor needs some work, very aggravating...

I wish the editor would have a better positioning system for the icons of static object, or any object for that matter, put an object in some area, try to align it the best you can. The only way to see the results would be launch the mission, a freaking long process & long loss of time to align everything IMO. Exit the flight; retry to re align, re launch and so on…

Very aggravating…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

In the current mission editors format, a changed icon outlining the size, shape and orientation of the static object would be the ideal solution.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

ED any chance on getting an update on this issue? Any plans to make this feature less time consuming? Maybe bringing back the satellite view that includes exact positioning of the objects directly on the map instead of loading the mission each time? Or Icons alignment when you turn the knob? With that resolve, I would think lots more missions would be created by the community. Do you really create each mission as such on your side? Object alignments one by one? Load up the mission on every object to check it? Heck…

I wish I could go more in depth in mission/campaign creation, however time is nothing to be wasted. Anyhow I hope you can find a solution. I initially found the editor overwhelming, now after playing with it for a couple of nights, it’s not overwhelming it’s time consuming to a point that wants me want to give up. It is very aggravating. However I still believe in the product.

Regards,

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

As mentioned before, we currently hope to have the Satellite view re-introduced in DCS A-10C, along with many other new features.

And yes, we use the same ME to create the missions and campaigns included in the product.

You may find some of the suggestions here helpful:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=47877

For starters, when finalizing unit placement, it may be helpful to run the game in windowed mode and open a single-player and multi-player game. This way you can save changes in the ME single-player window and reload the mission in the MP window to check placement.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Thanks for the feedback, then I will wait, makes no sense of trying to create a mission now if it's going to take me weeks. I just cannot get my head around it, patience is a virtue, but I got my limits. Setting 1 on 1 objects. This will drive me crazy. lol

EvilBivol, a request...

Can the max ranges of all weapons be posted in the encyclopedia or someplace else? Within the encyclopedia its pretty hit and miss with listing the ranges.

Also for ships a "defensive" setting would be nice. I'm kinda getting tired of Ticonderoga and Oliver Perry class ships spamming Harpoons and Tomahawks at any enemy ship within range.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This has already been answered (sort of), but I hope the LAT/LONG-, and distance tool- fixes are also scheduled for DCS: A-10C.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• 4 weeks later...

For the love of God, please bring back satellite view as soon as possible. Try placing 100 ground units on and around roads without it. It is a real horrible nightmare.

edit: lol, talk about a message made in the heat of the moment, sorry and thanks :)

Edited by Crunch

TRIGERABLE WAYPOINTS please kind sir.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

• 4 weeks later...

Some thoughts of mine:

I was so happy when I heard DCS/FC2 would have a trigger-feature for the ME! Once I started working with it I quickly found out that it has some good features to create single-player missions, but lacks a lot of functions for high quality multi-player maps, without having 1000+triggers. Here's why:

First it's a MUST have to combine client-aircraft in groups to

1. assign waypoints once for a group (and not, let's say 25 waypoints for 10, 25 for another 10 and 25 for the next 10 aircraft which leads to a total amount of 750 waypoints a mission builder would have to set)

2. to be able to handle a group of client-aircraft with the triggers.

Example: I want a trigger to react to a group of client aircraft (let's say a group of 10AC). I actually have to create 10 triggers, one for each of those aircraft. Now let's go some further and say I got about 50 AC and 10 triggers that should work with each of them... Right: I have to create 500 triggers!!! I guess you see the problem...

Next, I'm painfully missing some very basic conditions for the triggers:

- Red/Blue Units in zone

- Red/Blue Units outside zone

- Red/Blue Units inside moving zone

- Red/Blue Units outside moving zone

When creating a large scale battlefield I DON'T want to link each and every unit of both coalitions. That would us again to trigger-counts of 1000+.

The whole idea/concept of the new ME is great, but it's simply missing some key features to make it really powerful. Making a really, really good LOCERF-Mission for example, featuring everything I got in mind, will surely take me 3 years for...

I hope the ME-design makes it possible to integrate the mentioned functions.

TY for reading!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Yeah, I hope so too!!! This Editor could be really amazing if they do!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A start/stop function would also come in handy as opposed to activate/deactivate.

Cause currently, when you deactivate a group, it get removed from the game.

I have a group of artillery that should shell area B if condition 2 is true and should stop if condition 3 is true.

Currently this is not possible without deleting the group of artillery and respawning a new group.

Problem whit that is that if any of the artillery pieces where taken out by whatever they will respawn whit the new group alive and kicking.........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

While all of these suggestions are certainly nice, I imagine ED are listening and will consider these ideas for DCS:A-10 etc. Really I am more upset about the actual bugs still left in the last patch of FC 2, like the building message, F-15 HOJ TWS warning, EOS warning and the many others. It seems like ED may be done with FC 2, but some of these bugs are actually worse than what we had in FC 1. I wish there was one more patch please.

• Like 1

I care more about the editor because as a part of DCS it's a part of our sim-future. FC2 isn't really... simply because it is as it is.

I'm not happy, thinking about how long it will take till we will have a fast mover in DCS, but I think I can fill the time waiting with flying the A-10C. Even when I'm prefering flying a fighter...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really I am more upset about the actual bugs still left in the last patch of FC 2, like the building message,
The building messages can be easily removed by adapting the client.lua script.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see a dedicated message in mp. Such as a action Message Dedicated. This would let you place your message in the block and then select which aircraft would receive it. That way you could have a specific message show only for the aircraft you selected in MP missions.

Also it would be nice to have a way for mission builders to lock a mission so once a player in MP is shot down he can not just pop out of the mission and take a new or same plane and start over. This way a builder can make the mission Dead is Dead. Some times the respawn in mission or the pop out and in kills the time you spent in making a mission to be challenging to how fast people can get back in the game and complete it.

Just a few of my own thoughts on the ME.

AI - I've noticed that when there is an AWACS or similar present, they are extremely aggressive. I have F-14's on CAP by the carrier fleet trying to intercept fighters 100's of miles away that aren't even approaching, and recently, I've had a group of Su-33's that run themselves out of fuel while trying to intercept enemy fighters. There needs to be a way to set limits on the AI, such as

-Limit their area of operations, "No flying beyond this point", etc

-Limit their tactics, Evade enemy fighters as opposed to Defend against fighters, as opposed to Attacking fighters - And a major one, the AI needs to use much less afterburn; in theory the drop down task box solves the "limit tactics" issue, but no matter what I tried, that Su-33 and F-14 problem persisted.

Also, I'd like it if we could zoom on the Map with out a mouse wheel, I don't want to buy one just for this game.

Thank you ED for a great product.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files