Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Logitech 5.09 G940 Thread

http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs509.exe

http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs509_x64.exe

Center slop is tighter but the trim still doesn't release pressure on the stick in BS.

Still screwing around with it.

EDIT:

I meant to add this in earlier, but you need to update the firmware for the unit separately after you install the 5.09 suite.

C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\FW\G940_Updater.exe

It blue screened my machine after it finished but it seems to have updated correctly.

Also here is a readme:

New features of Logitech Gaming Software 5.09

I. Adjusting force feedback settings for your game.

Games with force feedback control the forces transmitted to the G940 stick. However, you can adjust the overall level of the forces, and add a centering spring to any game.

You can adjust the levels of forces for a game by changing the settings for each game profile. This lets you customize how the controls feel for each game. When the game loads, the profile adjusts the forces automatically.

To adjust the forces, follow these steps.

1. Open Logitech Profiler

2. Select a Game profile

3. Click Menu item "Edit"

4. Click "Specific Game Settings". A window will open.

This window allows you to adjust Overall force, Spring effect and damper effect force levels. Hover the mouse over each force adjustment for a description.

Checking the "Enable Centering Spring Strength" box will turn on a centering spring, whether the game has one or not. The force of the spring can be adjusted. Note that turning the spring all the way up will mask most other forces in a game.

II. Adjusting axis response

With Logitech Gaming Software 5.09, you can now adjust the responsiveness of the 12 non-force feedback axes. This adjustment changes how sensitive the axis is to movement. To change settings:

1. Open Logitech Profiler

2. Click Menu item “Device”

3. Click “Game Controllers”. A list of installed controllers will appear

4. Click the controller you want to adjust – example: Logitech G940 Joystick

5. Click “Properties”. The Test window will appear.

6. Click “Settings”. The settings window will appear.

7. Click the button marked “Hysteresis”. (If the button is grayed-out, the G940 needs a firmware update. Click the button to go to instructions and the new firmware updater.)

8. A new window will appear. It contains sliding adjustments for each axis. They are set at default settings, but can be adjusted. A lower number indicated more responsiveness. In some games setting the number too low will cause the axis to become jittery and unstable. If this happens, adjust the number higher until the axis is stable. You can reset all the axes by clicking “Default”

9. Click OK to close the window, and close the other windows.

III. Updating the Logitech G940 Firmware

We’ve updated the firmware of the G940 to improve force feedback response, and allow for adjustability of axis response. To update your firmware to version 1.41, follow these instructions:

1. Close all running applications

2. Connect Flight System G940, with throttle and rudder pedals attached, to PC USB connection. Do not connect through an external USB hub.

3. Go to c:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\FW\G940_Updater.exe

4. Double click G940_Updater.exe to start the updater. Windows 7 users should right click and choose Run as administrator.

5. The updater will erase the firmware, then wait while Windows redetects the stick, then write the new firmware. Once it it is finished, you will be prompted to press enter to close the application.

6. In some PCs the updater may freeze. If the updater freezes for more than 30 seconds. DO NOT WORRY. Close the program (click X in upper right corner) and then restart the updater. It will complete the process.

Edited by Jesse

http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs509.exe

http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs509_x64.exe

Center slop is tighter but the trim still doesn't release pressure on the stick in BS.

Still screwing around with it.

Define tighter, please :)

Would you consider it fixed or is it still an issue?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Define tighter, please :)

Would you consider it fixed or is it still an issue?

I'd say the center slop was reduced by around 50%. It feels much tighter.

This might make it at least workable in BS.

I think we'll need some help from ED to make it behave correctly though.

Hopefully once more people start upgrading to 5.09+firmware we'll see some tweaks and shit to make it behave more like the MS force feedback stick.

Just tried it, and it is indeed tighter, but the core problems of the g940 are still alive:

- mini-stick is still useless, even with a 75% deadzone

- ffb trim is only 'working' correctly upto 200km/h. If i wanna go faster I need to push the cyclic further, but the trim doesnt keep the joystick there...

- I still don't have a deadzone where I just trimmed. For example in the ctrl-enter image the deadzone I add, be it in lgs or dcs, is only active where the horizontal and vertical line meet, it doesn't move up with the trimmed position.

The only good thing is the reduced slop. I could actually get in a perfect hover with ffb-trim this time.

But still, I was unfortunately expecting more from 1.0.2 and 5.09 :noexpression:

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

non-FFB

FFB mode is clearly tighter and better, but there are still some issues that make me still prefer the non-FFB stick-centering method of trim (including the ones mikey mentions above). The trouble is that I can't seem to figure out how to get the slop out of non-FFB mode. The stick still feels just like 5.08 and nothing like the tightness I'm feeling in FFB mode. From Mark's comments, I think this should be solvable by using the game specific settings (where it permits one to turn on a centering spring for any game), but I haven't had any luck getting this to do anything yet. Has anyone else given this try?

Edited by ddahlstrom

They fixed the BSOD issue with Win 7 64 bit and Blackshark. BUT......

I hate the new centering force implementation for all other sim including ROFand 1946.

Edited by <((((><

I just read this in the logitech forums.

Besides the firmware and software update, our software team has been working with the DCS programmers. We expect that future updates of DCS: BS and Flaming Cliffs 2 will have enhanced force feedback control. Can't say when that will be, but I know they want it as much as you and I do.

The throttles should work together. To make sure they are calibrated the same, lock them together, and then recalibrate the throttles. If they were done separately, and one was pushed farther against the stop, it might make a difference. The trims have a calibration routine. if you calibrate them to center when they are physically linned up with the line, that is where the center will be. Also, adjusting the response of the trims could make them work the way you want.

LGS 5.09 adds a lot of adjustments. We understand that there are so many variables with various sims that it might take some experimentation to get it just right

Mark Starrett

Global Product Marketing Manager

Logitech

Here is my opinion after 24 hours of tinkering with 5.09. they did an excellent job with Blackshark and Flaming Cliffs in my opinion. However, it screwed up pretty much all other sims. There is an uncanny centering force (somebody said kind of like a weeble) on the stick now. Can't feel stalls or G forces anymore in all of my other sims and it feels like the stick has springs even when centering is unchecked. I think Logitech needs to go back to the drawing boards on this one. Wonder how they will fix this if ever. That's too bad, I had some high hopes for 5.09.

Here is my opinion after 24 hours of tinkering with 5.09. they did an excellent job with Blackshark and Flaming Cliffs in my opinion. However' date=' it screwed up pretty much all other sims. There is an uncanny centering force (somebody said kind of like a weeble) on the stick now. Can't feel stalls or G forces anymore in all of my other sims and it feels like the stick has springs even when centering is unchecked. I think Logitech needs to go back to the drawing boards on this one. Wonder how they will fix this if ever. That's too bad, I had some high hopes for 5.09.[/quote']

Might want to double-check the enable centering spring option. Or maybe there's a default profile being applied?

DCS Wiki! :book:

It's a good try. For me, BS is now enjoyable enough, FFB works much better. The response could be improved tough; it remains with certain 'looseness'. Nevertheless mini-joy remains screwed up. I've surrended and assigned Shkval control to POV hat. Anyway, a huge step forward :smartass:

Regards!!

first of all, this threat is very usefull http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45695

here is my profile, it's not the best

the settings of axis in dcs black shark options are default

the settings in the logitech profiler

f5u2-2.jpg

f5u2-1.jpg

the second picture show's the "x-achse" (german keyboard) u have to do the same with "y-achse" in every mode

DCS Black Shark.rar

Edited by dieseiner

Not much time to post but I wanted to add that if you are a fan of DCS, FC2, RoF, X-plane, and/or IL2 and you are sitting on the fence, Get Off! The G940 is completely and utterly the most enjoyable and precise controller I have ever used. The update gently sprung away most of the center slop and left the stick dramatically improved. The ability to adjust FFB for each profile saves time and hassle. The stick just simply works now. Feeling the wheels roll over grass, the turn of the bell-cranks, the buffet of an incipient stall, lead striking the fuselage, all quadruple the immersion. I'll never go back.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

^^^^ dont agree, still have the rotary jerkiness, I the slop is there, even if slightly less. But Im glad its enough for you. Cheers.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks for postng your profile dieseiner, much appreciated, I wish more people would do that too. Unfortunately I cant really fly with your profile. As soon as I press the trimmer, the stick throws itself back like 0.5 cm. Do you experience that as well?

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

Might want to double-check the enable centering spring option. Or maybe there's a default profile being applied?

That's not it. Before the firmware/patch, the centering force was gradual (less at the center and larger as you move the stick to the permiter). Now, the centering for is constant regardless of the stick position. I don't like that implementation. I liked their old implmentation where the centering force was gradual, not linear.

It's a good try. For me, BS is now enjoyable enough, FFB works much better. The response could be improved tough; it remains with certain 'looseness'. Nevertheless mini-joy remains screwed up. I've surrended and assigned Shkval control to POV hat. Anyway, a huge step forward :smartass:

Regards!!

I've configured the minijoy to be the arrow keys. split the axis up in 8 parts and configured the last 13% to be arrow up/down etc. and leaving the rest empty. work very well.

a bit off topic but thought i would mention it..

Cheers

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I've configured the minijoy to be the arrow keys. split the axis up in 8 parts and configured the last 13% to be arrow up/down etc. and leaving the rest empty. work very well.

a bit off topic but thought i would mention it..

Cheers

Thanks Dellepude, I'll try, minijoy really annoying me

Regards!!

Cheers

I wonder why you split the axes into eight parts? Wouldn't a split into three with the two ends with your commands at 10% or so and the middle 80% empty work as well? Just curious.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Hello all,

I'm quite new to DCS:BS and have been struggling with both the game and the configuration of my G940. Earlier today, I uploaded by DCS:BS profile to my blog. I thought I'd post about it in this thread since it might be of use to some of you. I've documented quite a bit on how it works / is configured, so be sure to view the readme-file that is included. Hope you like it! (And let me know if anything annoys you, so I can tinker with it some more).

My DCS:BS joystick profile for the Logitech G940 Flight System

Evening all. I just posted this on the Logitech forums, but thought it might be useful to put it up here as well:

Just a quick bump to inform those interested that I've updated the profile a bit:

- the d-pad on the stick now moves the Ku-31 Shkval targeting frame

- the d-pad on the throttle is now used to select weapons (formerly the stick's d-pad)

- the pov hat on the throttle is still used for controlling the targeting frame etc, but it's Shkval wide/narrow view have been switched to function more intuitive.

For fellow n00bs:

(not mine) to see how this can be put to practice.

My DCS:BS joystick profile for the Logitech G940 Flight System

I have been a longtime Saitek user but I'm on the fence of getting one of these (used)....I also play wings of prey and 1946 sometimes but mainly am still into DCS:BS and LOFC2. Is it worth it?? Keep in mind Im not going to pay full price and am going to update the software and controller ROM right away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I have been a longtime Saitek user but I'm on the fence of getting one of these (used)....I also play wings of prey and 1946 sometimes but mainly am still into DCS:BS and LOFC2. Is it worth it?? Keep in mind Im not going to pay full price and am going to update the software and controller ROM right away.

Don't bother until ED adds support.