DCS: Black Shark patch?

Kenan

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could someone translate this quote

"We are testing release candidates today."

: does that mean the patch is released today? :)

Well, if Wags said "We are releasing patch today" it would mean that they'd be releasing it today :D

I'd say hold tight, i think we're one step away from getting it ;)

A Release Candidate is a version of the code that is a "candidate for release". Basically, this means that it might be completely done, but needs some testing to be sure that the latest round of bugfixes and such both fixed the bugs and didn't result in new bugs. If it passes muster the "Release Candidate" becomes "Gold Master" (in the case of printed-media distribution like DVDs) or, in this case, simply becomes the version that a patch is made out of.

If problems are found that need to be fixed, developers enter the code, try to fix it, and make a new Release Candidate where this round of testing starts over, until the Q/A lead decides that it's all done and good.

So it might come any day now, or there might still be a some work left depending on how the testing pans out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

FC is the grandfather of BS...those people need to show some respect ;).

Criticizing a company or a product in a time where there are nothing but long overdue "projects" in the works (still far from realization). These guys are turning out the content at a VERY reasonable rate. SOLID products non the less.

Excited about the potential news guys.

I understand one week to ten days left until release. But I believe this will be another excellent work from ED :thumbup:

Is there a list of fixes and changes?

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

I understand one week to ten days left until release. But I believe this will be another excellent work from ED :thumbup:

They are closer than we think :smilewink:

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

BS 1.0.2 RC1 installer is in testing now. Hope this news will help you waiting. )

Thanks Ulrich. Great news. Probably next week we will get the patch. Definitely I am going back to BS after the patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Thanks Ulrich. Great news. Probably next week we will get the patch. Definitely I am going back to BS after the patch.

100% agree with you

I didn't play BS since a long time, but have plenty of ideas for new missions with the FC planes and the Shark toghether :thumbsup:

It's gonna be Christmas in April :thumbup:

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

:music_whistling::):thumbup::lol::joystick: ................................. :pilotfly:

Hee needs some space to take off!!! What were you thinking?! :lol:

Edit:

Let me know if there's a standalone sound engine update :sly:

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

...now heres a tough question : how the hell do i get the "pilot fly" smiley face to work when i post?

Hee needs some space to take off!!! What were you thinking?!

Actually it looks like danny gave him a little too much space... Maybe the smiley is more the VTOL kind, despite the old-school flight cap and goggles.

:pilotf ly:
Really looking forward to see 25s and 50s together on the same servers. The 25's fast delivery of a heavy payload combined with the 50's situational awareness will be a potent mixture :joystick:

I hope there will be some nice coop missions made. Is anybody working on those already, by any chance?

EDIT: Arrr, bfeld beat me to it ;)

Edited by Garfieldo