Perfect stick for A-10C from Thrustmaster?

I'm looking fwd to the TM Warthog and DCS Warthog of course.

I bought the Saitek X-65F last week and love it, in Flaming Cliffs 2 (now that I've got used to force sensing) it works wonderfully and is very precise and in all the other sims I've tried so far including Rise of Flight.

I have a TM Cougar hall sensor modded, well used, paint flaking off, the Cougar was far from perfect upon release as a stock unit but I'm sure TM have learned lessons from this.

Also have a Saitek X-52pro that is about two years old, really like it for FSX helicopter usage, its mush better than the Cougar in this respect, though I'm slowly becoming accustomed to FSX Heli's with the Saitek X-65F now as well.

Still have my old gameport TM F22 pro HOTAS as well for an older Win98 P4 machine for older classics when I'm in the mood.

I feared when people were talking about the TM Warthog being an exact replica of the A-10's stick that it would only have one hat, three buttons and a trigger, that's what the stick in FC2's A-10 shows, but looking at the TM site just now it seems to have multiple hats that a simmer really needs, perhaps there is a multi hat Cougar like stick on newer real A-10's now? I'm not sure.

Good to see it will have Hall Sensors, hope the gimbal mechanism for the stick is better than the Cougars, maybe an evenstrain style design? the Cougars stick innards really let it down IMHO.

Looking fed to it. :thumbup:

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Warthog will have the precision of the X65F.

As an input method..Force sensing, if done properly is by far and away the most accurate, reproducible, and sensitive if my FSSB modded cougar was anything to go by.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I hope this stick isn't as hard on my arm as my old F-22 was....that thing gave me carpal tunnel and I had to wear an arm band for a while lol....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 2 weeks later...

Posted in UbbiZ00

509767.jpg

Unique Replica of the A-10C Aircraft Controller

Replica JOYSTICK:

- H.E.A.R.T™ HallEffect AccuRate Technology: 3D magnetic sensors (Hall Effect) on the stick:

enjoy surgical precision that stays razor-sharp over time, 16-bit resolution (65536 x 65536

values)

- USB connection with upgradeable firmware

- Super-stable, weighted base (over 3kg)

- New detachable handle, crafted entirely of metal: also compatible with HOTAS COUGAR

handle (and vice-versa) , new replica shape, detachable metal plate for desk- or cockpit-style

use , new, realistic pressure on buttons and trigger and 19 action buttons in total + one

8-way “point of view” hat.

Replica THROTTLES:

- H.E.A.R.T™ HallEffect AccuRate Technology: 3D magnetic sensors (Hall Effect) on the 2

throttles: enjoy surgical precision that stays razor-sharp over time, 14-bit resolution (16384

values) on each throttle

- USB connection with upgradeable firmware

- Dual throttles, featuring: metal hand rest, locking system, adjustable friction system with no

dead zones, realistic pressure on buttons and switches and 7 action buttons in total + 1

mouse hat.

Replica CONTROL PANEL:

- Weighted base (over 3kg) incorporated underneath the throttles

- Backlit functions

- 5 large, programmable LEDs

- Realistic pressure on buttons and switches

- 13 action buttons in total + 1 TRIM wheel.

Sokol1_Br

• Like 1

detachable metal plate for desk- or cockpit-style

use

Does this mean that they are catering to pitbuilders that will put the stick on the floor?

How will the tensioning and stick throw(distance it moves) work?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

This is just perfect for A-10C cockpit builders

And how many are they,not so many i think!

i want one for my desk :pilotfly:

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

.....I want one of these as soon as they are available.

Join the queue......:D

Having regard to the 'talk' (between the lines) floating about, it's gonna blow all the rest out of the water. Personally getting VERY impatient waiting........:joystick:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to have to miss a day of work to be able to order this before it sells out in 5 minutes.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Spring is from, 01.March to 31.May :music_whistling: :D

Spring starts at the vernal equinox (21 March) and ends at the summer solstice (21 June).

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Let's not hope it have faults as some of the cougars had.

Well, the most dramatic problem with the Cougar was the weardown of the potentiometers. With HALL-Sensors, at least it won't suffer from that problem.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

21 June? :cry::cry: I can't wait for this stick ! ( neither for DCS A10C..)

Please Thrustmaster, release it as soon as possible! (Or i will take X65f... Or not! :D)

What's the problem? If you had it now, what you you use it to? :smilewink:

Besides Gimbals, Potentiometers and the microstick, the Cougar was/is an awsome joystick. The Foxy Programming Software is really powerfull and all buttons still work like a charm since 2003 on my Cougar.

Its very ergonomic, the metal Joystick feels solid and is a unique replica of the original F-16 HOTAS.( Its a beauty !)

Almost all serious Flight simmers who own a cougar, modded their beasts to have a perfect stick so far.

Lets all hope that Thrustmaster did his homework, optimized the weak parts of the Cougar and brings out a brand new HOTAS, which will already be perfect by factory standard.

The latest Thrustmaster T.16000M already proved that it is very precise. Long term tests will show if it remains precise or not.

Rumors say that a new programming software will also be released with the Warthog, which also will allow to programm the Cougar MFD´s.

That is very promising so far.

I definatly want one and wait untill its out, even if it takes a few weeks or months longer than planned. But i am confident, that in the end of may/beginning of june the first sticks will be available.

I would like to know, who else here did his choise to buy the Warthog ?

Edited by Lightning

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]