Two Su-27 fighters collides over Zhukovsky

Namenlos Ein

Several hours ago i was walking together with my wife, and was mentioning to her i was thinking of MAKS2009 and had some thoughts of hoping that there would be no crash this year, HOW WEIRD!!!!

When i heard this sad news!!

May Igory Tkachenko rest in peace

i was at Maks2005 en their show was awesome!!

How sad!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

There was a brief notice about it on the swedish news site Aftonbladet with some bad video footage:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyheter/utrikes/article5651703.ab

note: you'll probably be forced to view some lame commercial message before the actual video starts...

Quick translation of what she's saying:

Two jet planes collided in Russia this sunday.

One pilot is reported dead and two injured.

The jets are of type Su-27 and crashed in the outskirts of a small village near Moscow.

Three houses are said to have cought on fire and one woman suffered burns, states local media.

A total of three pilots where in the two jets, and first there was information that all three survived, but now the statement is that one was killed. Witnesses say they saw two pilots eject from the airplanes with their parachutes after the crash.

The flight show was a preparation for the big russian air plane show MAKS 2009, beginning in next week with the purpose of marketing russian airplanes. The show usually attracts tens of thousands of viewers.

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I can't believe it... ... I always recall a scene from "Stars of The Airshows" movie when Igor Tkachenko took a moment to "fool around" by doing a funny, cocky walk when camera zoomed in on him. Rest in Peace.

th_snapshot20090817002210.jpg

th_snapshot20090817002220.jpg

Edited by Bucic

After hearing multiple speculations of how this accident happened we can be 95% sure the following was the case.

After the final split, the leading aircraft (nr.18 ) together with slot (nr.01) flew east for rejoin and head back to Kubinka, Russian Knights home base. The left wing, Vitaly V. Melnik (nr.14, also flying east after split) was the first jet to rejoin the formation.

This rejoin is what went wrong. Left wing, sliding in from a higher altitude, miscalculated the leaders airspeed and overshot the formation. During overshooting, Vitaly V. Melnik probably lost visual and hit the leading aircraft with the engines. The nose of the leading aircraft was severely damaged.

The leading aircraft was a double seater. In the front seat flew Commander Igor Tkachenko and in the backseat, navigator Igor Antonovich Kurilenko. Kurilenko immediately ejected after the collision initiating both front and back seat ejection sequence.

Horrifying is that Tkachenko's parachute cought fire during the eject. Though, looking closely at the pictures we can assume that Igor Tkachenko was already dead from the impact.

The engines of left wing, nr.14 cought fire and Vitaly V. Melnik ejected a few moments later.

img_2990vs.jpg

0c13f9fb4b4d.jpg

52e037e2a40b9fe53eacebd08db9bf5e.jpg

d7ceaddb21bcd991eedf4a7d8808433a.jpg

c3aa8a1924576cf3e3b94b61682fc406.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

3953b70223205cd9afbe7b4e3f1cd6c6.jpg

aa22bc14ffa11ccf35c021f3b56223cf.jpg

Jet Nr.14 after ejection

Crash site Nr.14

dscf2.jpg

Crash Site Nr.18

May Igor Tkachenko rest in peace.......

a_bd10374f.jpg

Edited by Frazer
  • Like 1

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank's Frazer, for your explaining, for there was enough speculation of what happened

i assume that the smoking part in the midle of pictures 4 and 5 is the ejection seat with Tkachenko still

strapped in?

Very sad

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Frazer, are you saying that #14 crashed into UB's radome with it's lower rear part of the fuselage?!

This means that UB was under it's belly when it overshot and probably dived straight into UB's flight path!

Thanks for the report, were You there when it happened?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Frazer, are you saying that #14 crashed into UB's radome with it's lower rear part of the fuselage?!

This means that UB was under it's belly when it overshot and probably dived straight into UB's flight path!

Thanks for the report, were You there when it happened?!

Newest reports say that #14's engines hit Tkachenko's seat making a fully successful ejection impossible. The stabilization tubes did malfunction and there was no parachute deployment. The seat is what cought fire.

I was at this location during the accident. At the moment I don't have the exact location of where the two Su-27's came down but it was about 10km east from us.

An update of the location will follow soon.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

94b02f5cbf321da4bba8adb376ab7ab6.jpg

Эксперты: Попав в облако, пилот Игорь Куриленко потерял ориентировку и протаранил летящий впереди самолет Игоря Ткаченко

http://life.ru/news/216605

There is one at Spiegel-Online in german language.

http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-1016944.html

Best Regards,

Eltville

It soes not show the moment of impact nor anything really close to it timewise. It appears that there is no such video.