• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking about this are we?

Pave_Penny.jpg.d1ed2adfdfd0d84bc3bfcd453f0e7577.jpg

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

:cry: So...you were going to tell us the exact release date. *Waves hand left to right* You are going to tell us the exact release date. Also you are going to take more screenshots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

VERY pretty! :D

Though, vrv, I think Wags is jedi-resistant by now. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

"SimHQ is pleased to present the very first "in-game" screenshots of the work-in-progress flight simulation, DCS: A-10C Warthog from Eagle Dynamics."

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

Starting in early 2010 we will be seeing more and more of the work-in-progress flight simulation...

the FAQ (i know its old and some info is inaccurate) on the site states that the plan was to release a new module every like 9 months but according to the above its not. which is the correct source of information now?

Q: Your press release indicates that Black Shark is the first in a series of DCS modules, with more aircraft/helicopters to follow. How soon will these new aircraft become available?

A: We are already developing the A-10A “Warthog" and AH-64A “Apache” (with planned front-seat / back-seat multiplayer) and other western and eastern aircraft will follow with an approximate interval of every nine months. To annouce these later aircraft now would be premature because plans can often change and lead to delays due to numerous factors such as our work in the equally important military simulation market.

Source 5th Question

nice screens though. i can't wait for the A-10C. i especially like the Spangdahlem AFB Markings.

Well, if projects could be finished by enough people hoping and looking forward to them, A-10C would definitely be ready rather sooner than later.

As things have to be worked on to come together, though, I guess we have to accept that things take a while to be completed. I have no doubt that it will be worth waiting for.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Well, if projects could be finished by enough people hoping and looking forward to them, A-10C would definitely be ready rather sooner than later.

As things have to be worked on to come together, though, I guess we have to accept that things take a while to be completed. I have no doubt that it will be worth waiting for.

Love your signature...Quite honestly, I'm most looking forward to rotor modules, but for a fixed wing module, the A-10C seems one of the most desirable.

Are you stating differently? :music_whistling:

Sorry, I was a bit short.

Release dates are highly fluid and subject to the dynamics of company workload and staff availability. The best we can do is communicate ED's goals as best gauged at the time of communication, but you have to allow for those plans to change, because they often do. Plans have changed a number of times now since the initial DCS: Black Shark FAQ was made public. We will try to either remove or update the information as soon as possible.

Regarding A-10C Warthog, the intent is to release sometime in 2010. This is later than Eagle had initially intended, but development time needed to be extended to account for a new Flaming Cliffs product, additional features and functionality that will be added to Warthog, and to ensure plenty of time for mission/campaign creation and testing. As stated in the SimHQ article, further details regarding Warthog will be forthcoming early next year.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Release dates are highly fluid and subject to the dynamics of company workload and staff availability. The best we can do is communicate ED's goals as best gauged at the time of communication, but you have to allow for those plans to change, because they often do. Plans have changed a number of times now since the initial DCS: Black Shark FAQ was made public. We will try to either remove or update the information as soon as possible.

Regarding A-10C Warthog, the intent is to release sometime in 2010. This is later than Eagle had initially intended, but development time needed to be extended to account for a new Flaming Cliffs product, additional features and functionality that will be added to Warthog, and to ensure plenty of time for mission/campaign creation and testing. As stated in the SimHQ article, further details regarding Warthog will be forthcoming early next year.

Thank you for the clarification...I can put my mind at ease now...:thumbup:

Thank you. :)

Well, there are a lot of planes and helos on the list, that I'd like to see modelled with the same detail and quality we have in BlackShark. But I also know that this level of detail must be a LOT of work, so I never really expected a 9 months-development-time between the modules as absolute number.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Standby, incoming...

Rounds out... will probably not be until next week that they impact.

As stated in the SimHQ article, further details regarding Warthog will be forthcoming early next year.

Is there a contradiction between the first 2 and the third statement? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually no, topol-m.

We've already seen some shots of the exterior model and some sneak-peeks. It's fairly easy to do that, as these are merely a few pictures with little to say about the A-10C except it's looking awesome

Now, details about features, project status or release-content is a completely different matter and as the devs repeated a lot of times, things will only get announced, if they are already set in concrete. :smilewink:

You must be new. :)

i'm everything but not new. *not offended just clarification*

i just don't post much is all ;)

i only keep track of things i actually play and since i don't play flaming cliffs i didn't know they were working on 2 products. kind of sad to see the 9 month plan go down but i kinda expected it for some odd reason. i guess the longer development time the better the game is gonna be :). well time to mark the days on the calender and count down the days to 2010 while i climb into the shark :D.

see you guys around.

Did not read the whole tread, but I think the clue might be in flight refueling :D

Read Post #54 ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

"SimHQ is pleased to present the very first "in-game" screenshots of the work-in-progress flight simulation, DCS: A-10C Warthog from Eagle Dynamics."

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

OMG......I lost my speech area in my brain. It´s ubelievable. I understand the a-10 will be postponed til 2010. Could you just point what are the biggest challenges or changes responsible for the delay? And what about the new format EDM , wil it be present in the A-10 addon?

thanks for reply

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Is the last ss ingame? Well i noticed on the last screenshot the shadows are totally different, very nice soft shadows. So I´d like to know if its in-game shot or render with artificial background?

Edited by jctrnacty

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit