civil traffic

GuntiNDDS

hi,

i have enabled civil traffic in the options, but i never see any when i fly around. do i need to manually put the civil units on the map in the editor, and that option would only stop them appear when turned off ?

in that case, is there maybe a mod or something or a way to get automated/dynamic civil traffic going on ?

Wasn't there a way to increase the amount of them? I thought I saw it once but couldn't find it in a search or maybe I am wrong?

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Not mine (credit at top) & from FC, but the file's the same for BS.

Civilian Traffic

Credit to 666th_Birdy

For any of this to work, you must have the graphic option “Civil Traffic” turned “ON”. Also, changing these values to “increase” the number of vehicles on the road will decrease your framerates accordingly. So, watch carefully how you change the values.

The parameters of Civilian Traffic are stored in (txt) file lockon\bazar\routes\routetypes.sht.

(Make a copy of this file before you modify it!)

This is the first section we want to look at:

{

route = "Road";

name = "default";

types = {};

period = 500.0;

period_distortion = 0.2;

speed = 10.0;

stop_delay = 0.0;

closed = true;

}

There are two parameters that can or need to be adjusted to increase road traffic.

In line 6: period = 500.0;

In line 7: period_distortion = 0.2;

“Period” sets the distance between vehicles on the road - The higher the number, the greater the distance - the lower the number, the lesser the distance.

“Period_Distortion” creates extra vehicles at random distances within the assigned “period” distance.

After some testing, the following parameters appear to be a good compromise to increasing the traffic without killing framerates:

In line 6: change period = 500.0 to period = 100.0

In line 7: change period_distortion = 0.2 to period_distortion = 10.2

Another alternative:

In line 6: change period = 500.0 to period = 50.0

In line 7: change period_distortion = 0.2 to period_distortion = 10.2

When using the alternative lines above, vehicles on two roads that meet at a T-junction or Y-junction can both take the third road. This road then becomes more busy then others.

Next, there are currently twelve (12) vehicles available that show random in game. They are:

In line 20: types = {"IKARUS Bus", "LAZ Bus", " Trolley bus", "VAZ Car", "GAZ-3307", "GAZ-3308", "MAZ-6303", "ZIL-4334", "UAZ-469", "GAZ-66", "Hummer", "BTR-70"};

You can add two vehicles to this list, the "KAMAZ Fire Truck" and the "KAMAZ Truck". If you add any other vehicle type, LO:FC will not recognize it and will place a T-80UD in the game instead.

You can change this line to:

types = {"IKARUS Bus", "LAZ Bus", " Trolley bus", "VAZ Car", "GAZ-3307", "GAZ-3308", "MAZ-6303", "ZIL-4334", "UAZ-469", "GAZ-66", "KAMAZ Fire Truck", "KAMAZ Truck", "Hummer", "BTR-70"};

Note that this line contains the “BTR-70”. This IS NOT the vehicle that will display as was previously stated – instead, a T-80UD will be used by LO:FC.

Lastly, there are the trains.

There appear to be only FIVE (5) types of trains:

Coach a passenger

Coach Cargo

Coach cargo open

Coach a platform

Coach a tank

We can’t modify this list. The consists of each of these trains are predetermined, so we can’t change them. But, we can change the number of cars in each train by adjusting the minimum and maximum train length values.

This is the train section of the RouteTypes.sht file:

// standart train

route

{

route = "Rail";

closed = false;

train = true;

name = "Train_passenger";

speed = 20;

stop_delay = 40;

types = {"Coach a passenger"};

wagons_min = 8;

wagons_max = 12;

locomotives = {"Electric locomotive"};

}

route

{

route = "Rail";

train = true;

closed = false;

name = "Train_cargo";

speed = 20;

types = {"Coach cargo", "Coach cargo open", "Coach a platform", "Coach a tank"};

wagons_min = 8;

wagons_max = 12;

locomotives = {"Locomotive", "Electric locomotive"};

}

Note the parameters in bold above.

The first “route” section says that all the “passenger train” types will be powered by “Electric Locomotives” and will be generated with a minimum of 8 cars and a maximum of 12 cars.

The second “route” section says that “all other” (cargo) train types will be powered by “Locomotives” (coal-steam fired) or “Electric Locomotives” and will be generated with a minimum of 8 cars and a maximum of 12 cars.

Normally, passenger trains, especially inter-city, are between 8 and 12 cars, so there is no reason to adjust these. However, cargo trains are substantially longer. So we can adjust the “wagons_max” value to reflect this change.

That section would look like this when changed:

route

{

route = "Rail";

train = true;

closed = false;

name = "Train_cargo";

speed = 20;

types = {"Coach cargo", "Coach cargo open", "Coach a platform", "Coach a tank"};

wagons_min = 8;

wagons_max = 25;

}

OK, so when we get through making these changes, the file should look like this:

{

route = "Road";

name = "default";

types = {};

period = 100.0;

period_distortion = 10.2;

speed = 10.0;

stop_delay = 0.0;

closed = true;

}

// Ãðàæäàíñêàÿ òåõíèêà

route

{

name = "All Auto";

offset = 3.5;

turnR = 10.5;

types = {"IKARUS Bus", "LAZ Bus", " Trolley bus", "VAZ Car", "GAZ-3307", "GAZ-3308", "MAZ-6303", "ZIL-4334", "UAZ-469", "GAZ-66", "KAMAZ Fire Truck", "KAMAZ Truck", "Hummer", "BTR-70"};

}

route

{

name = "IKARUS Bus";

types = {"IKARUS Bus"};

}

route

{

name = "LAZ Bus";

types = {"LAZ Bus"};

}

route

{

name = "Trolley bus";

types = {" Trolley bus"};

}

route

{

name = "VAZ Car";

types = {"VAZ Car"};

}

route

{

name = "GAZ-3307";

types = {"GAZ-3307"};

}

route

{

name = "GAZ-3308";

types = {"GAZ-3308"};

}

route

{

name = "MAZ-6303";

types = {"MAZ-6303"};

}

route

{

name = "ZIL-4334";

types = {"ZIL-4334"};

}

route

{

name = "UAZ-469";

types = {"UAZ-469"};

}

route

{

name = "GAZ-66";

types = {"GAZ-66"};

}

route

{

name = "KAMAZ Fire Truck";

types = {"KAMAZ Fire Truck"};

}

route

{

name = "KAMAZ Truck";

types = {"KAMAZ Truck"};

}

route

{

name = "Hummer";

types = {"Hummer"};

}

route

{

name = "BTR-70";

types = {"BTR-70"};

}

// standart train

route

{

route = "Rail";

closed = false;

train = true;

name = "Train_passenger";

speed = 20;

stop_delay = 40;

types = {"Coach a passenger"};

wagons_min = 8;

wagons_max = 12;

locomotives = {"Electric locomotive"};

}

route

{

route = "Rail";

train = true;

closed = false;

name = "Train_cargo";

speed = 20;

wagons_min = 8;

wagons_max = 25;

}

Try these out. It should liven things on the ground up a bit.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any changes you make that damage your LO:FC installation. ALWAYS make backup copies of files before you modify them so that you have a restore point should something go wrong!

• Like 1

Cheers.

Does switching it on lower fps significantly?

It shouldn’t, I see no difference on my rig. To bad Civil traffic does not include Civil aircrafts...

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

It shouldn’t, I see no difference on my rig. To bad Civil traffic does not include Civil aircrafts...

I'm suprised you say that, as I thought civilian traffic was a big resource hog and so always leave it off. I'll have to test it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Didn't notice any difference in frames on mine. More stuff to randomly shoot if the mood takes and the cities look less deserted is ftw. May have made a big difference when the lockon engine was first put out but so far it seems my rig doesn't notice it too much.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

ok,

after some testing today i found out that either:

- there is no, or really almost no traffic around the area (including cities) of Sochi-Adler airport.

- for traffic to compute, you need to enable the checkbox and explicitly set it to true in the mission editor, even if you allready have it set on in the options.

Maybe doing some more testing today to see which one it is.

Some roads have no traffic at all, some you have to wait until the flow 'gets going' - then you see lots. Traffic flows from one point to another on the map, then it disappears, and some routes are quite long so it takes a little bit of time for the flow to get going. If you bump the ratios right up you can have wall to wall traffic on the busy roads, looks daft but it makes for a great shooting range.

Apply the mod above, it works just fine.

Some roads have no traffic at all, some you have to wait until the flow 'gets going' - then you see lots. Traffic flows from one point to another on the map, then it disappears, and some routes are quite long so it takes a little bit of time for the flow to get going. If you bump the ratios right up you can have wall to wall traffic on the busy roads, looks daft but it makes for a great shooting range.

Apply the mod above, it works just fine.

yes, i have the mod applied allready.

do you mean that there is allways only traffic on one road, and once all cars reach the end of the road, they go to a new road ? that kinda sound odd.

[edit]

is there a map that shows the roads with traffic, or the ones without traffic ?

[/edit]

Only car traffic in the caucasus? As far as the sim goes, I observe hordes of trains when flying the Georgia campaign or home-made missions in the Georgia area. And of course buses and such but they supposedly fall under cars.

And what he meant is not that it's always traffic on one road only, it's that when the mission starts the traffic starts, and the traffic starts at specific places. So if we have three points in a direct line; A, B and C, and you start out at B being in the middle, it may very well be a long time until you see any traffic because when the mission starts the traffic starts at A and C.

They then proceed towards each other in both directions, but if they're doing 50km/h and it's a 50km trip, it'll be a full half hour until they arrive at your middle starting position.

Thus, traffic spawn at specific locations, not all along the road.

That's how crazyeddie's post reads to me. I am not entirely certain that I agree that it fits with my observations, which would indicate that traffic does indeed spawn along the roads. But I have not gone out and made a purposeful survey of it because it's never been important to me. I have traffic active to ensure that not everything that moves will be friendly or hostile, there will be some workload in identifying whether the moving blip I see some 10km away is that evil Strela-10 that has been bothering me or just some random Abkhazian forced to work in spite of there being a war on. :P

EDIT: The one observation I have made that is fun to watch though is that "mission traffic", like a column of trucks speeding along the road, will drive straight through civilian traffic as if they were not even there. I understand why it might have to be that way or it might be causing missions to unfold differently depending on each user's civ traffic settings, but it's still pretty fun to watch IFV's drive straight through thatpesky Lada road hog. :D

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Could someone tell me if I change a value, say increase the cargo train cars from 12 to 25 train cars, in multiplayer, wil the 25 cars show up, or only 12 (*the default value) ? Or does everyone need to change their 'RouteTypes.sht' file 'max cars' from 12 to 25?

Thanx..

:joystick:

I am pretty sure that whatever I choose to chage the info to, the changes work fine in multiplayer,, after testing all is well..

I still am not sure about a few things, but am still progressing on what I have learned here..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I would have thought that it would just be on the Server that you need to make changes to the files in question.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q