DCS: Black Shark, Russian Version has gone gold

Wags

If the English version is nearly done, I'm surprised there couldn't just just be a digital download version of that without all the other languages. It is the most widely spoken language in the world after all (I think)

No, this is not a viable option. As already discussed, the western version will be a single release that includes all of the localizations. Moreover, it cannot be released online prior to being released in retail.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the English version is nearly done, I'm surprised there couldn't just just be a digital download version of that without all the other languages. It is the most widely spoken language in the world after all (I think)

well, it's not the most widely spoken language on these forums... :smilewink:

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, it's not the most widely spoken language on these forums... :smilewink:

No, but that is not the point, as there already will be a Russian version.

IMHO it's a good idea to translate the game into the listed languages, but lets be honest: Anybody really interested in aviation at least in the western world has to know English pretty good, as most, if not all communication is done in English and most cockpits are not "localized" in reality either. The translation for LockOn to German was nice for those who don't speak German or no English at all, but it was neither immersive nor realistic.

So, for me it would have made much more sense to translate the manuals in the given languages, maybe even the pop-up-descriptions for the buttons, but the complete game is a bit overkill IMHO. Besides that, it's hard to translate some terms to other languages, as you can also see in the FAQ-Section. At least for the German version, there are some translations that may fit, but are not really equivalent to the military descriptions (Like the translations for FLIR and LLTV, as the most obvious).

Well, at least I copied the English versions over German voicepack 30min after the first installation... Maybe it would have made more sense to release them as an optional patch?

Edited by -Skipper-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

Please bare with me, its my first post on these forums.

Ive just read through all thereplys in this thread.

First of i would like to say a very well done to all those at the front and behind the scenes on making this and it will be the best and most advanced Helicopter sim (public domain) ever. As soon as i saw a youtube post i nearly wet myeslf, highly embarrassing since im potty training my 2 year old....

This is a to all those ppl wanting to post in this thread, PLEASE READ ALL THE REPLYS. I could get rid of at least 10 pages alone on ppl not reading previous post, its tiring for me as i want to add question but think of the admins...... It might be worth putting a closed sticky in general discussions on the issues brought up??

Ok.. just a few questions...

I am thinking of downloading the digital content version on the 17th (im from the UK) this mainly to learn how to fly (not combat) the Black Shark than anything else. I am sure that extra revenue could be made if some sort of English text/manual is available. So question, 1) Is there a free-flight mode available in the game, not having to go through the campaign mode? 2) Will it be possible for an English .pdf be available just for navigating through the menu? 3) will there be a short cut for starting the engines? as on Lock-on?

Now a question on the web site, why has the news page not been updated? If i was going to release this game, be it in Russain or any other country i would be screaming the place down with regard to the release :( 27th Feb it was last updated which really isn't good enough as this is your front page to the whole world about this game. Are you lacking in web site admins? I am sure there are plenty in the community that will jump at the chance to support and run the site.

Anyway nuff said, i need to go looking for energy saving light bulbs..... joy :doh:

EDIT* if i do buy the 17th Version, i will be buying the UK version when released next year, sorry missed that point

Ryan

Edited by Hotpants

I'm not too bothered to be honest.

I'll be flying in Russian so if I'm able to perform the most basic functions in the Russian cockpit then it will give me an edge when the english version is released.

Anyway, it's win-win. We get the Kamov and ED gets our money. Twice!

Ok.. just a few questions...

I am thinking of downloading the digital content version on the 17th (im from the UK) this mainly to learn how to fly (not combat) the Black Shark than anything else. I am sure that extra revenue could be made if some sort of English text/manual is available. So question, 1) Is there a free-flight mode available in the game, not having to go through the campaign mode? 2) Will it be possible for an English .pdf be available just for navigating through the menu? 3) will there be a short cut for starting the engines? as on Lock-on?

1) - There will be free flight mode available. You will also be able to make your own free flight mission if you choose.

2) - No. But there will be people converting the russian class tables into english ones. I know a ruskie that can translate it for me so I can upload it as a 'patch' if ED allow it.

3) - DCS: BS will include a 'casual' mode which will allow you to quickly begin flying without touching any of the switches/knobs.

Edited by GlobalNetwork

it will be out when its out LOL have patience, I for one would rather have it ready as release than rushed, If the Russian one comes out first so beit. Think about what we are getting, When was the last really good Helicopter sim released? Hmmm let me think Longbow2 someone refresh my memory when did that come out?

Service Before Self

Fedeltier (Fuselier Forever)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I said, "most," not all. Besides, you can take Jim's word over mine any day. :) However, the Ka-50 Flight Manual is largely finished in English, but other language localizations are still in progress. Besides the flight manual, some other content is still being finalized into English (mission content, etc.), although most of this work is also close.

You said :

the recently finalized English texts

Then for me the english manual is finished, but my english is so bad, perhaps i am wrong :)

• Like 1

Then for me the english manual is finished, but my english is so bad, perhaps i am wrong :)

Thanks for your clarification.

And so what? Should someone send you a nearly finished manual because it would be enough for you? (no need to answer my question.)

Black Shark isn't in the Shelfs and people behave like EagleDynamics owe them something. :(

Sorry when it sounds a bit harsh.

But after reading some of previous posts where people are hammering the same questions on and on and probably without taking the time to read carefully the first post of Wags - I'm just a little upset.

Thanks for your clarification.

And so what? Should someone send you a nearly finished manual because it would be enough for you? (no need to answer my question.)

Black Shark isn't in the Shelfs and people behave like EagleDynamics owe them something. :(

But after reading some of previous posts where people are hammering the same questions on and on and probably without taking the time to read carefully the first post of Wags - I'm just a little upset.

Roger that.

Head over to the 1C boards and check out people demanding things in a much worse tone because they waited and think they deserve something.

But reading to that other thread, where you were hammered, I sometimes feel pressed to the conclusion, that some people don't ask questions because they want an answer, but because they want THE answer they want to hear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually he said "texts" - that does not neccessarily mean "manual". :smilewink:

Thanks Skipper for the clarification :)

I read somewhare than the pdf manual can be released one month before the game, then my question is simple :

Will we have the manual soon ?

If yes, it's good because i will purchase the russian version first.

If no, it's not a problem i will wait :)

No problem, Urze :)

I read somewhare than the pdf manual can be released one month before the game, then my question is simple :

Will we have the manual soon ?

If yes, it's good because i will purchase the russian version first.

If no, it's not a problem i will wait :)

Probably Not - Release is still an absolute minimum of 4 months away......so even speculating that we'll get the manual a month prior..........Definitely not soon!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Info is already posted about probable release time for english version, quote "Although the game will be completed in 2008, it may not be available for purchase until early 2009". And the PDF manual is said to be released about 1 month before the release of that version. So there is still some time there.

Now, Since finding info many times seems hard i will give a little tip here how to faster get information on a forum on your own. Use the search function first to get closer to what your looking for, then when you find a thread that seems to be right, use CTRL+F and put in a keyword for what you want to find, for example "manual". Do the same procedure on every page if the thread have more than 1 page. This way you dont necessarily have to read through every post.

Happy info hunting. :)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

This was posted 10-16-2007 from Wags:

That's the plan. Please understand that as disappointed and upset that you guys get about us missing a projected date, it is a bizillion times worse with us. I truly wish I had a crystal ball that I could look into and see all the things on the horizon that were poised to detrail a schedule, but we don't and have to just get by as best with can with what we have. While I love this job, it can be exceedingly frustrating.

>>>>source: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=410692#post410692

And now we are so close!:)

Edit:

To the guy that emailed me (dabigtee ?) : Yes, you can call me a fanboy - I have no problem with it.

Here- grab it:

<°)))><

This is for you.

Edited by urze

• ED Team

Folks,

Looks like this needs to be stated again, enough of the SF posts. Eagle is fully aware that some people are not pleased with the decision and will not purchase Black Shark because of it. We get that and we heard you. Eagle spent many months discussing and reviewing this decision, it was not taken lightly. We respect your right to choose what you buy based on the copy protection method, but we ask that you respect our decision on how we wish to best protect our investment. This decision is final and further posts on the subject can only be viewed as trying to instigate further ranting or influence others not to purchase the project. As such, the moderators have been instructed to remove such posts as they serve no purpose other than to inflame and spam our forums. As per our forum rules, rants and flames on any subject will be dealt with warnings and then bans if needed.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Wags
  • Like 1

i just wait patiently...

i am from US east coast...

i will be studying up on the manual...

and also watch the slew of video feeds of the russian version...

i never had a problem with starforce..or at least the the version that is with LO:FC...

i am glad there is such a program such as black shark...

if it was it, theres nothing else...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i just wait patiently...

i am from US east coast...

i will be studying up on the manual...

and also watch the slew of video feeds of the russian version...

i never had a problem with starforce..or at least the the version that is with LO:FC...

i am glad there is such a program such as black shark...

if it was it, theres nothing else...

I'm glad too... it's going to be alot fun , i can't wait to drink beer and play on multiplayer !!!

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

xhaos: Your joking right?

The manual is still coming about 1 month before english release of BS (up to 3 months more). Keymapping PDF is already (in russian though) on the forum. Just look at the main thread for it.

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

now you know how it feels to be Russian most of the time...:(

:megalol: :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/