Pictures From Anatolian Eagle Air Combat Exercises

TorwaK

Wow, great photos TorwaK. Man that looks like a huge exercise, what a logistic night mare that must have being.

P.S

Look like you guys (Turkish Air Force [ Is this how you spell it:"Tьrk Hava Kuvvetleri" ?]) still have FLIR pods, have not seen those in a long time.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Wow, great photos TorwaK. Man that looks like a huge exercise, what a logistic night mare that must have being.

P.S

Look like you guys (Turkish Air Force [ Is this how you spell it:"Tьrk Hava Kuvvetleri" ?]) still have FLIR pods, have not seen those in a long time.

Thanks mate. If you talk about Lantirn pods they're latest technoloy navigation also laser guide system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LANTIRN

image137.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

That would be the LANTIRN, i.e. block 40/42. You can also recognize it by the 'green' wide HUD.

Cool pics mate, especially the last one is neat. The Turkish stars visited Bulgaria 5 years ago- truly impressive show, I would say more exciting than the one the US Thunderbirds did last year.

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I think pilots are playing their HUD records on this equipment.

image127op4.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I din't think it's only HUD Torwak. The camera records on videotape (I'm not sure about the format though) which would not need so special equipment. What I believe is this looks like the mission data cartridge that is pugged at the right ot the ejection seat in the F-16 cockpit- where the pilot plots his flight plan and all the stuff on a workstation and then when put it in the slot and the plane is powered up this info is uploaded to the nav and combat systems. Besides, that looks exactly like a workstation.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

AFAIK it uses standart 8mm tape, where is and how the casette looks- I would like to know :)

I'll learn it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

great images, thanks Torwak:thumbup:

was that a German Tornado in there?

Thanks. Yes German Tornados.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks mate. If you talk about Lantirn pods they're latest technoloy navigation also laser guide system.

Hey Torwak, any more cool photos? I was just saying that I have not seen one (the FLIR part of the LANTRIN system, the left pod) installed on a F-16 since 2000.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I think pilots are playing their HUD records on this equipment.

image127op4.jpg

In the photo, you can see the DTC (Data Transfer Cartridge) This is where the pilot stores the flight plan among other things. It goes on the right console by the oxygen regulator (sorry I could not find a good image). The tapes on the F-16 look like small VCR tape, widely used in the camcorders from the 90, I can't remember the type but, depending on the block, it can record HUD and left and right MFD. The stuff on top of the TV/monitor they are looking at , those are the AVTR players/recorders

To whom it may concern,