Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

Anyway I made this for you (..and for myself)..

[ATTACH]12581[/ATTACH]:music_whistling:

Nice one, that's looking very familiar to me:)

i post some pictures of mine when it's done (in week or so)

Cheers

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Hello again!

Here is a little update of the panel, it is the base of the hud,

in the first pic are some parts that i made of PVC material.

hudonderdelenfs2.jpg

The second pic: glued together,it is taking shape already:)

hudcostructiesp3.jpg

Next are some pics of the entire instrumentpanel, withe the latest additions.

paneelwf9.jpg

and

paneel1fo6.jpg

Close up of the hud base (i still don't know if i will make the hud entirely) but i have some

time left before the DCS Flanker will appear:(, at least 5 years i think

paneel3hudqk2.jpg

That's it for now, hope you like it!

Happy new year to all of you!!

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Bow my head in AW..!

This project is an example to all of us mate.! I am flabbergasted by the quality and realisticness of ... well just about every little piece of it..

Keep posting Pics mate.. I'll be waiting..!

Hapy Hollydays ..!:thumbup:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everybody. This is my first post on this forum since I 've discovered this thread about the SU27 cockpit. Your work guy's is awesome....

My question: is anybody knows the fonctions of the different boutons on the throttle like you give for the stick?

Wolfair

Whooowww!!!

Really outstanding work :thumbup:

With king of material did you use for buildind the different parts.

And where did you find the nice red and yellow switches that are really specific...?:huh:

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Really outstanding work :thumbup:

With king of material did you use for buildind the different parts.

And where did you find the nice red and yellow switches that are really specific...?:huh:

Well,... all kinds, mostly PVC sheet (3-2mm thick) some wood, and real mirror glass!

the switsches are standard ones modified by me with some alu rod and paint and some fantasy!!

Most non standard things are scratch build by me.

Salluut,

Wasserfall

Wasserfall

Is it possible to get an overview Picture of the Frontpanel with a descrition of all?

For Example

arrow to RWR and at a 2nd page RWR is standing for .... and the switch is toggeling radar lock mode for all or / locked only

an this for all knobs and switches , leds lamps etc...

its a lot of work but it would help other Homepitbuildest to build thier own

same thing for the lide panels and the trottle and the Stick would be awsome

Greetz

from Germany

Rock@wulf

I gotta ask mate..!

When you cut out the pvc panels for the HUD, did you use some kind of cnc router? Or is it all cut out by hand and sanded to fit.. If the last is the case, you mast have the presition of a surgeon..! Because that is such a piece of art..! And the whole thing with the mirrors in the HMTD seekers is just brilliant..!

Keep it up mates.. ! Everytime I feel like caving in on my project I just look at your updates, and the world is a better place again.. Peace..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wasserfall

Is it possible to get an overview Picture of the Frontpanel with a descrition of all?

For Example

arrow to RWR and at a 2nd page RWR is standing for .... and the switch is toggeling radar lock mode for all or / locked only

an this for all knobs and switches , leds lamps etc...

its a lot of work but it would help other Homepitbuildest to build thier own

same thing for the lide panels and the trottle and the Stick would be awsome

Greetz

from Germany

Rock@wulf

That would be possible, but it would take some time to make it.

You could read the Lockon manual PDF were al instruments are explained.

Note that some switches/warninglights functions are not known yet for us, so there is still lot's of research to do.

Grusse,

Wasserfall

I gotta ask mate..!

When you cut out the pvc panels for the HUD, did you use some kind of cnc router? Or is it all cut out by hand and sanded to fit.. If the last is the case, you mast have the presition of a surgeon..! Because that is such a piece of art..! And the whole thing with the mirrors in the HMTD seekers is just brilliant..!

Keep it up mates.. ! Everytime I feel like caving in on my project I just look at your updates, and the world is a better place again.. Peace..!

No cnc router, just by hand using a knife, ruler and sandingpaper etc.:) maybe because i build some scale models too, i have a steady hand, but no i am not a surgeon.

On the ARC forum i am building a SU27 1:32 scale model

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=55196

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Wasserfall, remember me on LLTM to bow in front of you for this Su-27 Model :D

Would you do me a favour Groove..? BOW TWICE..! Once from me as well..!

Wasserfall? I am in awe over your detailing.! I think I actually felt a twiching in my crouch area when I looked at your hydraulic tubing in the model.. Just beautifull..!

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please don;t place me on a pedestal:)!!

Thanks guys anyway!

Modeling is one thing,.. but electronics, than i am a noob

Triggerhappy you have both skills, and everlasting enthousiasm!!

(don'nt look at my spelling)

Cheers

Wasserfall

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, finally an update :clap:

I've been very busy with my daytime job the last few months, so the design work on the stick got a little behind.

I've been working on the inner workings of the stick, and did some redesigning of the top part of the stick because of the new info I got.

12-03-2008_01.jpg

As you can see I also managed to get the grip done (all the little diamonds)

For the buttons in the stick, I want to use the same tactile switches as in the stock Cougar, they got a good feel IMO and they have a very high durability.

I've been working on a design for a button unit, that is easy to attach to the stick, and has some easy maintenance possibility.

It also keeps the parts of the stick it self, as simple as possible.

12-03-2008_02.jpg

Don't mind the trimbutton, I'm still busy with that one :)

I've made a little section cut of the upper part of the stick to test the button with the tactile switch, I also wanted to test a paint sample I made and I tried to make it look old and dirty.

12-03-2008_07.jpg

12-03-2008_08.jpg

12-03-2008_10.jpg

In the next picture you see all the parts to make one button, in this case the Autopilot level button.

12-03-2008_09.jpg

To attach the stick to the Cougar Base I want to make my own design, so that you can easily switch between the stock Cougar stick and the Flanker stick.

But for testing purposes I've made a two piece plug, that fits tightly around the metal plug of the Cougar.

The final plug will also fit in the segmented hole in the base of the stck.

The segments are in increments of 20 degrees, this is the same angle as the position of the stick in the real Flanker.

The plug has two holes to fix the stick to the base, one for a straight position (just like the stock Cougar for rightside use), and a second one for the 20 degrees angle for center cockpit use.

12-03-2008_03.jpg

12-03-2008_06.jpg

12-03-2008_04.jpg

12-03-2008_05.jpg

My plan is to have a full 1:1 stick ready before the LLTM 2008, maybe not all the buttons will work at that time,

(and the electronics and the wires will not be ready) but it will give a good idea on how the stick will look eventually.

CU :joystick:

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Man this is absolutely beautifuL! :thumbup: Please add me to your future customer for this stick as I will definitely get it! This is so great! :smartass:

I WANT ONE! :D

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

You can add me your customer list... awesome work m8.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS