ChengDu J-7E,MIG-21 of China and need help

IS there anyone know ?

Two questiones :

1-How to animate the number of the plan ?

2-How to animate the material of the engine when it working at very high temperature?

Thanks for who can help .:helpsmilie:

there is the pic :

http://bbs.3gofly.com/attachments/20070709_42a7f07f37353338659ai7g9JefJ2RRn.jpg

http://www.bf2.com.cn/attachments/day_070709/20070709_9feddb86faf8a67e88f94BQrjqe5ue5b.jpg

20070709_9feddb86faf8a67e88f94BQrjqe5ue5b.jpg

Just want fly ...

20071002_f0058b67be5c29130d6adyrciJHAHdfM.jpg

IS there anyone know ?

Two questiones :

1-How to animate the number of the plan ?

2-How to animate the material of the engine when it working at very high temperature?

Thanks for who can help .:helpsmilie:

You mean make the animations show up in LOMAC? You can't. LOMAC has to "call" the animation, and since it will never call a new animation, this really can't be done at the moment.

sigzk5.jpg

You mean make the animations show up in LOMAC? You can't. LOMAC has to "call" the animation, and since it will never call a new animation, this really can't be done at the moment.

Yes he can D-Scythe - he just needs to use the "slot" for an existing aircraft.

I think what he means is how to animate the numbering sequence and the afterburner glow effect on the exhaust nozzles in 3ds max.

In both cases this is activated by argument numbers, which are common to most fighters in the game. But to be honest I haven't yet tried animating either of these things yet, so I am not entirely sure how it is done. But the actual afterburn glow effect on the exhaust nozzle is simply down to alternating textures.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Yes he can D-Scythe - he just needs to use the "slot" for an existing aircraft.

Really? So you can implement new animations into a 3rd party model? That's news to me - thanks for the correction.

I think what he means is how to animate the numbering sequence and the afterburner glow effect on the exhaust nozzles in 3ds max.

In both cases this is activated by argument numbers, which are common to most fighters in the game. But to be honest I haven't yet tried animating either of these things yet, so I am not entirely sure how it is done. But the actual afterburn glow effect on the exhaust nozzle is simply down to alternating textures.

I see.

sigzk5.jpg

Really? So you can implement new animations into a 3rd party model? That's news to me - thanks for the correction.

Well animations are made for the model in 3ds max and assigned argument numbers that you state for them. Which argument number to use for a particular function is stated in a list of draw arguments that came with ED's plug-in. E.g. the argument for activating canopy animation is # 38 and the same for all aircraft entries.

What the game does is just to "call" the argument # when appropriate and thereby activate the animiation stored in the 3d model.

The limitation is that an argument # is called only if the associated function is relevant for the particular aircraft entry. So if your 3D project concerns an aircraft type not currently in the game, you need to find the existing "slot" that resembles it best - e.g. if it is a turbo prop design you need to find an existing slot that "calls" the argument for "propeller rotation" :) .

JJ

sorry , right now I'm on traveling over the state in china ,it's not easy to find a place to connect the internet ...

the question means like that :

http://www.bf2.com.cn/attachments/day_070717/20070717_8108ea74e715f7ea746dYWdm66xGqDDA.jpg

20070717_8108ea74e715f7ea746dYWdm66xGqDDA.jpg

and here is the plane's pic , it's a show plane . I'm plan to make the object just a show plan too .

http://bbs.3gofly.com/attachments/20070709_b43f5598dec5c890a92calLbXYvWIYAf.jpg

20070709_b43f5598dec5c890a92calLbXYvWIYAf.jpg

Just want fly ...

You change that in the mission editor. Select your plane, press PAYLOAD and then change the ON-BOARD # (aircraft number).

I mean that how to use the ED's plugins for 3dmax to let the plane's aircraft number which I made in 3dmax can be changed by the mission editor and the jet engine's inside material can be controled by the game.

It's all about how can I use the ED's plugins for 3dmax to make my object's material can be contorled by the game . Right now , I just can let my plane did some mechanical animate just like up/down the landing gears and the flags ... in the game .

Just want fly ...

The afterburners should be animated by using the arguments 28 (right engine) and 29 (left engine).

You must have a second model (cone with AB texture) that's poping up on 1

28 Afterburning right engine ...0 Off

...........................................1 On

29 Afterburning left engine .....0 Off

EDITED:

Numbering of the plane should be arguments 31, 32 and 52 (a transparent texture sliding over a rectancle)

31 Flight #... (first digit) 0 to 1 With 0.1 increment

32 Aircraft#...(second digit)0 to 1 With 0.1 increment

52 Squadron #...(third digit) 0 to 1 With 0.1 increment

Regards, Vinc_Vega

Real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

My online squadron:

http://www.vjs-germanknights.de

The afterburners should be animated by using the arguments 28 (right engine) and 29 (left engine).

You must have a second model (cone with AB texture) that's poping up on 1

28 Afterburning right engine ...0 Off

29 Afterburning left engine .....0 Off

I think you need more than one alternate cone :) .

I believe the way to do it is via "visibility track" - i.e. you line up several nozzle shapes in varies degrees of retraction in the exact same position, then make a visibility track for each of them, so that they appear/dissapear at a certain track value under the argument.

The alternating degree of "glow" would then be down to the textures mapped to each cone shape as Vekkinho said.

So when you move the animation slider in max, you will get the impression of extending/retracting nozzle with gradual increase/decrease of glow.

But again.....I haven't tried myself yet and I don't know if there is another/better way of going about it :) .

JJ

The nozzles of planes should be animatable by using the arguments 89 and 90 (Nozzle shutters right/left engine).

These args could be used to close (0) and open (1) the exhaust nozzles.

Using several maps should be possible too.

A dark map inside, for the closed nozzles (AB off), a light one for open nozzles (AB hot).

Btw. the cones for the animated AB flame can be animatable scaled.

So you need only one cone, small-sized at (0) increasing to 100 % at (1).

Regards, Vinc_Vega

Real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

My online squadron:

http://www.vjs-germanknights.de

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...