English Cockpit Mod

sobe

I am a little confused on what is the latest English cockpit mod for the Mig 21 that works with the current version of DCS. Does this mod work with imperial or metric numbers/data or both?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

lJUPldl.jpg

And I think the mig-21 only has metric, so if you want imperial, you'll have to get your own cockpit mod.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit: Sniped by Hadwell, and his method works in 1.5.4 once I disabled the custom cockpit setting I've been using since it first became available.

I use the default Leatherneck English cockpit, it's just a shame different cockpit versions are not selectable from a dropdown list like ED's and Belsimtek's modules.

As I'm not sure if you know how to enable the included English cockpit or are asking for a better version, I'll explain how to enable the default.

In the folder

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Liveries\Mig-21_CP"

there are 3 folders

• custom
  • english

Selecting the "custom cockpit" check box in Options\Special tab will enable the custom folder, however by default the custom folder "description.lua" will use the default Russian cockpit.

To set the custom folder up for an English cockpit

• copy ALL the contents of the "english" folder to the "custom" folder

Restart DCS with the "custom" cockpit enabled and most of the cockpit will have English labels.

Note: After an update or a DCS Repair the custom "description.lua" may revert to the default "Russian" cockpit and the English textures and "description.lua" need re-applied.

There are a 4 or 5 of cockpit retextures in the User files that cover different languages and/or colours.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I looked at this one-

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153273

but I will also try your suggestion.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ramsey

I believe that the mod I listed above may be only a clean up of the english version that came with the game and installed per your suggestion. Therefore, since the mod I listed is a little old, I think I will go with your suggestion and perhaps make a JSGME so I can use it simply by installing it after each update.

Thanks for your help.

Ramsey

I believe that the mod I listed above may be only a clean up of the english version that came with the game and installed per your suggestion. Therefore, since the mod I listed is a little old, I think I will go with your suggestion and perhaps make a JSGME so I can use it simply by installing it after each update.

Thanks for your help.

The big thing that mod does is cleans up the canopy. Since we now have a comparable aircraft to dogfight against, the added viability from applying some windex to the canopy is a huge help.