Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

Right now, I cannot release the DLC through other channels due to the fact that it contains more than 2 GB. But hopefully someone can create a torrent after release.

Best,

SW

FYI:

Right know, some selected members are testing the brand new version. If everything looks fine, I think I can make a release next week.

Best

SW

will we have to download the whole thing again or it will be a patch :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I cannot release the DLC through other channels due to the fact that it contains more than 2 GB. But hopefully someone can create a torrent after release.

Best,

SW

FYI:

Right know, some selected members are testing the brand new version. If everything looks fine, I think I can make a release next week.

Best

SW

------That's bad. Steam is really good platform. Have no idea why you don't use it.

will we have to download the whole thing again or it will be a patch :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It will be standalone due to many changes.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

------That's bad. Steam is really good platform. Have no idea why you don't use it.

Well, you know what opinions are like.

Frankly I think steam is the digital embodiment of evil that has made people happy to rent at full price games they used to own in hard copy.

F$&@ steam. F$&@ it in its F$&@ing a#%

If steam was a person I'd commit hate crimes against it, like drag it behind a truck down a long country road.

Squeal like a pig steam, squeeeeeeeeel!

By which of course I mean thank you stairway for the wonderful content and I happily wait for updates.

Edited by x39crazy

And please dont add satelite textures, they look always bad and are full of flat fake 2D details that will make helo or A-10 missions pain in a** , thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And please dont add satelite textures, they look always bad and are full of flat fake 2D details that will make helo or A-10 missions pain in a** , thank you :)

Sorry but I can't follow every single whish and comment here. Don't get me wrong, feedback is a very important issue for me, but due to the fact that you are the only one complaining about highly detailed and satalite based textures, I think you should get back to version 1 of this DLC (with less painted details in the noise) or consider other sources.

Best,

SW

• Like 1

Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

Sorry but I can't follow every single whish and comment here. Don't get me wrong, feedback is a very important issue for me, but due to the fact that you are the only one complaining about highly detailed and satalite based textures, I think you should get back to version 1 of this DLC (with less painted details in the noise) or consider other sources.

Best,

SW

No problem, i wait for bartek textures.

Yes , im in minority. I just like functionality over detail.

I don't mean to sound rude, sorry.

And i really like your first version , but some things are really good in 2.0 so its bit hard to make choice. :)

Edited by Haukka81
  • Like 1

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Concerning Winter textures not being displayed/Summer textures on a winter map.

Had the same problem. Restart helped for now. Fix by ED needed. I gonna make some screenshots next time and report it. But highly probably it has nothing to do with texture replacements.

I'm still having these issues.

Would manually installing the mod help?

Since we're on the topic of feedback - can we get some beaches back? :)

Some of the Black See resorts used to have beaches, now the texture is green - yet we still have the hotels, with little chairs and other items that used to be on sandy looking textures. Now it seems to be all painted green. I took some screenshots arounds Novo, and it's really obvious there. I can post them if needed.

Thoughts?

Edited by rrohde
  • Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Since we're on the topic of feedback - can we get some beaches back? :)

Some of the Black See resorts used to have beaches, now the texture is green - yet we still have the hotels, with little chairs and other items that used to be on sandy looking textures. Now it seems to be all painted green. I took some screenshots arounds Novo, and it's really obvious there. I can post them if needed.

Thoughts?

I second the beach texture idea.

.... and thirded (is that a real word?)

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Hi Starway! I finally got around to editing the Noisemax level in your Original Caucaus Update. I found 7 to be the best balance between realism and spotting for ground units for myself.

I do prefer it to your 2.0 which is also wonderful.

Thank you so much for this hard work!

UPDATE 2.4.

The new 2.4 version of this DLC is ready for release

The testing phase is over which means the file will be available for public.

In this update, the main focus is on the distant textures. More than 16.0000 texture files have been edited. The result is a much more volumetric looking terrain with more contrast. The snowy mountain tops have been exchanged so it fits better to the overall look and the high resolution mountain textures. All the remaining high res textures like fields, grass and village textures have been retouched, to make them blend perfectly into the distance.

T6dhuTs.jpg

puSLdAc.jpg

lIuSXSI.jpg

aPHY7wj.jpg

xm40xCr.jpg

Download sources:

Direct download

Torrent

Thanks again for all the people who are helping this product to grow with a donation!

You can find the donation button on my website: https://starwayblog.wordpress.com/

Happy flying!

Starway

Edited by Starway
  • Like 2

Error with Torrent Link

"Unable to Load..."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular