[REPORTED]DCS 1.5.4 - UI Settings Menu Black Screen Hang

DerekSpeare

Please Attach Logs from your /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Logs/ Folder

We are looking into the issue.

I am unable to re-produce.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Looking into the Issue,

Please Attach /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Logs/ Folder

It's in my post here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2821108#post2821108

Thank you :thumbup:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I am having the same problems (black screen after going into options and pressing OK).

I had disabled all mods before update.

Current things tried:

Remove all mods

Repair installation

Remove input directory from saved games

Remove entire DCS.openbeta directory (so all settings possible) from Saved Games.

Problem remains.

dcs.log.txt

I am having the same problems (black screen after going into options and pressing OK).

I had disabled all mods before update.

Current things tried:

Remove all mods

Repair installation

Remove input directory from saved games

Remove entire DCS.openbeta directory (so all settings possible) from Saved Games.

Problem remains.

What Mods did you have installed prior?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

this is the cockpit of the SA342 once i managed to get into it

The only way i have managed to get the options to stay is by changing something that makes DCS restart by itself, even that causes a crash but the options i have changed stick

Screen_160624_200531.thumb.jpg.27ca993ae158605ecf5c3595f591dc65.jpg

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Although the game seems to be running OK now with "rebuilt" options.lua, and even some mods enabled, these are my logs from two crashes on the "old" one (mind You, the sim didn't crash per se, but I had to kill it with task manager, as it was unresponsive).

Logs.zip

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

What Mods did you have installed prior?

Alot..

One thing that might be good to know, after the update, after I enabled all mods again. The game would not start again.. Pressed the icon, nothing happens. No crash, no message (no visible process in my taskmanager). Nothing.

So I started enabling mods 1 by 1 and found one, that if enabled, caused the game to not start.

"229th Combined Objects Mod 1.4"

Full list of mods I (was) running (although is disabled all of them before updating).

229th Combined A-10C Mod (Ricardo Cockpit)

229th Combined Objects Mod 1.4

229th Combined Objects Mod 1.4.1

229th Combined Sound Mods 1.9

229th Combined Views Mod 1.2

229th Terrain Mod - Northern Europe 1.1

Kuky's Dust Trail for 2.0 feb 4

No Pilot Voice Mod for Use with Voice Activation Software

NVG Mod M-2000 - Werewolf

Starways Black Sea map 2.0

Sweetfx

VAC ATC Menu Mod -v1.0 (by whartsell)

And a lot of liveries/skins

Edited by CrashO

hope it is it

and, i have no mods in openbeta

last patch.rar

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Same here. No mods. Go option menu, click OK, black screen.

Logs.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Hi Guys,

Just installed the OB and launching the game going into the VR menu, if i change anything there and click ok the menu disappears, left standing in the hanger with nothing to click.

Anyone know why?

Cheers Mith

Same problem; HTC Vive, trying to change the cursor control to mouse on the VR tab, and the menu disappears as soon as I click on 'ok'. Restarting DCS and the change hasn't been applied. If I cancel out of the VR options menu then the main menu reappears.

(I'm alt-tabbing out of DCS to close the application when the main menu disappears).

Im not getting this on my end.

Do you have any mods installed.?

I removed all mods on install and tried it first without mods then with. Same on all occasions.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Alot..

One thing that might be good to know, after the update, after I enabled all mods again. The game would not start again.. Pressed the icon, nothing happens. No crash, no message (no visible process in my taskmanager). Nothing.

So I started enabling mods 1 by 1 and found one, that if enabled, caused the game to not start.

"229th Combined Objects Mod 1.4"

mine just started this and i tried a repair, and found the repair is 1470mb. might have been a problem with the initial install of the patch.

now it starts no problem

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Had the same issue of screen blackout after hitting "OK", just as if the game was unable to reset the screen as it normally does when resolution is being changed (I'm not any VR gear user). Looking at Skate's suggestions, I deleted the Input folder - no success, then deleted only the options.lua and the game fired up OK. It was a bit puzzling to see the screen going black and resetting whenever I changed anything in the "system" tab, but at least it was coming back up again. So I readjusted all options and everything seems to be running OK so far.

Deleting option.lua as no effect fo me... :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Can Anyone please attach

DCS World/Mission Editor/Modules/Options/data.lua

as well as their Options.lua (Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Config/Options.lua)

Also,:

You should have a New [VR] Section in the /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Config/Options.lua Lines 2-7:

["VR"] = {
	["box_mouse_cursor"] = false,
	["enable"] = false,
	["pixel_density"] = 1,
	["use_mouse"] = true,
},

If those are not there, you can try Adding those and launching DCS.

Also Try Launching DCS w/ Rift HDMI Unplugged (normal mode), Open Settings change anything (non VR related) so it saves a config.lua. (ie full screen, resolution etc), if it saves and reboots DCS, then close DCS and Re-Connect Your Rift)

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

I repaired the game and now it work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can Anyone please attach

DCS World/Mission Editor/Modules/Options/data.lua

as well as their Config.lua

You should have a New [VR] Section in the Config.lua Lines 2-7:

["VR"] = {
	["box_mouse_cursor"] = false,
	["enable"] = false,
	["pixel_density"] = 1,
	["use_mouse"] = true,
},

Adding those lines to my old options.lua did it! :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I'm having a similar problem but the screen doesn't go black, just the game window doesn't return after pressing 'ok' from the VR tab of the settings. I'm left standing next to an Su-27 and have to ctrl+alt+del and end task.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Adding those lines to my old options.lua did it! :thumbup:

This worked for me :thumbup:

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

For me hitting ok in any options tab gives me black screen.

Ok edited my options lua like suggested in my user folder and i went to VR tab and now it is unchecked. Now hitting ok does not lock.

Edited by TwoLate
Changed Lua.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW, is there a default, i.e. clean, options.lua we can use?

I reckon stuff like

["OculusRift"] = true,

is obsolete now. But I still have it in my file. I don't want to delete it manually since I'm not 100% sure what the consequenses are.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Possible temporary workaround for Oculus users loosing menu when clicking ok after changing VR settings.

1. Go into the VR menu and disable headset.

2. Then go in to the system tab and select or deselect fullscreen mode.

3. Once you get full screen/non-VR mode working, change all you settings to what you want them to be and then re-engage VR mode and reclick fullscreen mode in system again. You may need to restart afterwards.

Not sure of the exact combo to make this work but playing with the fullscreen option seems to get me through the issue.

Edited by Bast
  • Like 1