Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Not going to lie I started using labels for air-to-air but I came from a 4K so I'm using the labels to figure out when I actually start seeing stuff once they getting close I use voice attack to turn off the labels once I'm used to where I pick stuff up with the new resolution I'll turn them off altogether

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Anyone seeing the same effect as me on the F-15 HUD? If I centre the view I see some of the HUD through my right eye and some of it through my left but not the whole HUD through both so my brain has to fuse the images. Is this normal? I've tried centring in different head positions but not really found a way to resolve it. It works fine but feels a bit odd and takes some getting used to.

Did you adjust your IPD?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Anyone seeing the same effect as me on the F-15 HUD? If I centre the view I see some of the HUD through my right eye and some of it through my left but not the whole HUD through both so my brain has to fuse the images. Is this normal? I've tried centring in different head positions but not really found a way to resolve it. It works fine but feels a bit odd and takes some getting used to.

Yep...I have the same problem. Same with the a10. Seems like the HUD text size is too big and doesn't ask fit on the HUD properly

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you adjust your IPD?

Yup - not IPD related. Try shutting one eye and let me know if you see the whole HUD from normal viewing position

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh:

Latest runtime and debug tool 1.4.

FPS seem good, only tried alone without enemies for now. There is a little judder some times but asynchronous time wrap is doing well.

I have yet to test other graphic configurations.

So I have read a thread about asynchronous time warp and I'm lost. How does the debug tool relate to it?

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

So I have read a thread about asynchronous time warp and I'm lost. How does the debug tool relate to it?

The debug tool doesnt relate to it. The debug tool just tells the software to render at a larger resolution. That will create more work for ATW because at a higher resolution you will get less FPS.

ATW kicks in when the frame rate is less than 90 by doing some magic to try and kick the framerate back up to 90 by filling in the 'gaps'.

The debug tool doesnt relate to it. The debug tool just tells the software to render at a larger resolution. That will create more work for ATW because at a higher resolution you will get less FPS.

ATW kicks in when the frame rate is less than 90 by doing some magic to try and kick the framerate back up to 90 by filling in the 'gaps'.

I'm with you. I just downloaded the Oculus debug, ran it, set it to 1.5, closed it, launched DCS and it looked...the same to me in the A-10C HUD. Do I need to leave the debug tool running rather than closing it? It causes judder in Oculus home.

EDIT - just set it to 2.0 and left the debug tool running. FPS seemed fine and the HUD is maybe clearer. I'll do some more experimenting. Interesting stuff this VR!

Edited by pengjn

• ED Team

This week we internally added the option to control the cursor with either the mouse or head movement.

Hopefully, this and other VR improvements like pixel density selection will be rolled to a release version soon.

Thanks

This week we internally added the option to control the cursor with either the mouse or head movement.

Hopefully, this and other VR improvements like pixel density selection will be rolled to a release version soon.

Thanks

Great to hear. Can I ask, will pixel density selection negate the need to use the Oculus debug tool?

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Thanks

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I'm with you. I just downloaded the Oculus debug, ran it, set it to 1.5, closed it, launched DCS and it looked...the same to me in the A-10C HUD. Do I need to leave the debug tool running rather than closing it? It causes judder in Oculus home.

EDIT - just set it to 2.0 and left the debug tool running. FPS seemed fine and the HUD is maybe clearer. I'll do some more experimenting. Interesting stuff this VR!

You can close the de debug tool after DCS has loaded it will maintain the supersampling. If I don't close it I have judder.

Windows 10 - i7 950@3.80 GHz - RAM 6Gbytes - Gigabyte GTX790 G1 - Thrustmaster T-FLIGHT HOTAS X - Oculus Rift DK2

I tried the debug tool . However I found dcs was really jerky. Even id i only added 0.2

Maybe I did something wrong

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I tried the debug tool . However I found dcs was really jerky. Even id i only added 0.2

Maybe I did something wrong

Have you closed the debug tool AFTER loading the game. The judder should disappear then.

Windows 10 - i7 950@3.80 GHz - RAM 6Gbytes - Gigabyte GTX790 G1 - Thrustmaster T-FLIGHT HOTAS X - Oculus Rift DK2

Yes

That's great,thanks for the news.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

guys i wonder if i can ask a couple of questions,

I have the cv1 and i seem to be getting a ghosting effect on the buildings and trees, (if i roll an aircraft quickly)

My FPS changes from 90 to 45

my question is do you guys use these at all:

Disable Aero

Vsync

MSAA

Anisotropic filtering

Here are the settings im using, any pointers would be really appreciated.

Screen_160604_150908.thumb.jpg.d83d9986412a7131ab799f809896efc1.jpg

also on another note, my Gtx 970 seems to stick around 60% usage. is this normal ?

guys i wonder if i can ask a couple of questions,

I have the cv1 and i seem to be getting a ghosting effect on the buildings and trees, (if i roll an aircraft quickly)

My FPS changes from 90 to 45

my question is do you guys use these at all:

Disable Aero

Vsync

MSAA

Anisotropic filtering

Here are the settings im using, any pointers would be really appreciated.

[ATTACH]141794[/ATTACH]

also on another note, my Gtx 970 seems to stick around 60% usage. is this normal ?

That ghosting is caused by your drop in framerate. Try lower settings to maintain 90fps. DCS is completely CPU bound at the moment so 60% GPU usage isn't out of the ordinary.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I can't lower them any more they are all on low!

The ghosting is the result of low frame rates. As Frusheen has said, lowering frame rates are the only thing you can do. But in your case you are at the bottom of the settings, so you have no more to give. At that point your best solution is to look to "other means" of increasing your FPS such as overclocking your CPU and/or GPU, which may have marginal gains at best, or something more invasive such as incorporating your wallet to help with a beefier video card such as a 980ti or 1080.

I run all of my settings on low as well with only low cockpit shadows and a few other modest settings, and get ghosting over areas where there are many objects. If you turn on your frame counter and then CTRL+Pause again you will see more data in real time. From there you will see that FPS and Object Count (or whatever it is) have an inverse relationship, so that FPS is high when objects are low. More computing power is the only solution I can identify.

Clearly, however, one cannot build a system powerful enough with any hardware available that will run DCS in VR with everything on max and achieve a solid 90fps at all times.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

The ghosting is the result of low frame rates. As Frusheen has said, lowering frame rates are the only thing you can do. But in your case you are at the bottom of the settings, so you have no more to give. At that point your best solution is to look to "other means" of increasing your FPS such as overclocking your CPU and/or GPU, which may have marginal gains at best, or something more invasive such as incorporating your wallet to help with a beefier video card such as a 980ti or 1080.

I run all of my settings on low as well with only low cockpit shadows and a few other modest settings, and get ghosting over areas where there are many objects. If you turn on your frame counter and then CTRL+Pause again you will see more data in real time. From there you will see that FPS and Object Count (or whatever it is) have an inverse relationship, so that FPS is high when objects are low. More computing power is the only solution I can identify.

Clearly, however, one cannot build a system powerful enough with any hardware available that will run DCS in VR with everything on max and achieve a solid 90fps at all times.

thank you for your reply,however i have already overclocked my CPU and GPU to a safe level as per my signature , but its still not enough. which is really strange as in NTTR i get no ghosting at all and a steady FPS :(

i guess i will have to spend even more money and get the gtx1080.

however i still wouldn't mind some help with my original question and that is what are you guys using for these settings, as i wonder if im doing something wrong.

• Disable Aero
  • Vsync
  • MSAA
  • Anisotropic filtering

Thank you in advance :)

Hope this isn't off topic, but for CV1 users that play DCS, what other games/sims are you enjoying on the Rift? Mine is going to be here in a month or so and I want to get some ideas for other games I might to pick up for it. TIA!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Hope this isn't off topic, but for CV1 users that play DCS, what other games/sims are you enjoying on the Rift? Mine is going to be here in a month or so and I want to get some ideas for other games I might to pick up for it. TIA!

Here are some I have compiled. I have most of them:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35849/what-are-your-favorite-vr-games-with-the-oculus#latest

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Jar, can you please make a post without taking a jab at people who aren't happy with Oculus. :doh:

Mad Dog - Derek's list really has every decent title I know of, but if you browse Steam you can find some others. At the top of any Steam Store page, hover over Games and choose Virtual Reality. Right underneath the title "Browsing" are two filters applied, limiting the search to Rift and Vive titles. Just kill the Vive filter if you only have the Rift, like me.