Removed

CptSmiley

No problem. I'll do and test.

thanks a bunch Zeus.

This is by the way used in other modules.

For example the KA-50: try_find_assigned_viewport("Shkval","LEFT_MFCD")

or the MiG21: try_find_assigned_viewport("RP22","RIGHT_MFCD")

I tested it and it works. Basically DCS will first look for the first export (VTB) if it doesnt find it, then it goes to the RIGHT_MFCD which everybody has. That means RIGHT_MFCD must be second.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, the PPA is now active and will be included in the next update.

These are the active features at this time:

Missiles:

• MAGIC IIs now have a lifetime of 90 minutes since start of flight on the ground, 80 minutes if you start in the air.
  • MAGIC IIs can be placed in STANDBY mode in order to increase their lifetime.
  • Activating the MAGIC IIs take 30 seconds and decrease the lifetime by 10 minutes.
  • If the MAGIC II lifetime reaches 0, the missile becomes inert and cannot be launched.
  • Super 530Ds also have a lifetime but this one is counted in hours so there is no immediate effect in DCS.
  • Super 530Ds can be placed in STANDBY mode. STANDBY mode is SOP for ferry flights and AAR.
  • Activating the Super 530Ds take 45 seconds.
  • Missiles that are in STANDBY cannot be launched.
  • All missiles will be active from the beginning when you start in the air. Otherwise they will go thru the activation process.

Bombs:

• Bombs now require fuze selection.
  • By default, in both ground and air starts, the bombs are in SAFE (INT, meaning INERTE, which is French for INERT) mode. In this mode the bombs will NOT explode under any circumstances.
  • You MUST select a fuze option before release, either RET, meaning RETARD, which is French for DELAY, in this mode the bomb will penetrate before exploding; or INST, meaning INSTANTANÉ, French for INSTANTANEOUS, in this mode the bomb will explode on contact.

The other PPA options will also be enabled in due time, but these ones are going to be available in the next release.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have technical questions:

Does setting your master arm to ON activate the missiles?

The 30sec preparation time for M2s, is this for cooling? Typically activating Master Arm will cool missiles/spin up gyros etc.

What seems a little strange to me with respect to M2s is this:

'Life time is 90 min, activating takes away 10min'.

I'll explain: Usually to me this means there's say, 90 min worth of coolant. You activate the missile which will usually draw coolant from a bottle in the pylon. In that respect, I understand 'lifetime' - there's a limited amount of coolant. This is realistic for a lot of missiles of that era.

What I don't understand is 'activation costs 10min' - IMHO it should 'cost' nothing. :)

I'd also call it 'Active Time' or 'Ready Time', not 'lifetime' just to keep things from being confusing. According to what you wrote, I understand that putting the missile in STBY will, in effect, not use any coolant and thus it will not decrease the active time.

Missiles:

[*]MAGIC IIs now have a lifetime of 90 minutes since start of flight on the ground, 80 minutes if you start in the air.

[*] MAGIC IIs can be placed in STANDBY mode in order to increase their lifetime.

[*] Activating the MAGIC IIs take 30 seconds and decrease the lifetime by 10 minutes.

[*]If the MAGIC II lifetime reaches 0, the missile becomes inert and cannot be launched.

[*] Super 530Ds also have a lifetime but this one is counted in hours so there is no immediate effect in DCS.

[*] Super 530Ds can be placed in STANDBY mode. STANDBY mode is SOP for ferry flights and AAR.

[*] Activating the Super 530Ds take 45 seconds.

[*] Missiles that are in STANDBY cannot be launched.

[*]All missiles will be active from the beginning when you start in the air. Otherwise they will go thru the activation process.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

now also more effective missiles ??

The missiles are effective as they are (and from i can gather their performance matches real life stats as closely as anything else in DCS)

so i dont think they require Major Performance changes.

And there was no mention of any performance changes that i could see.

If you launch a missile at a target within launch parameters (and in the case of the 530 dont lose radar lock)

then you have good chances of hitting your target (Depending on the skill of the pilot you are launching at ofc).

The Magic II is pretty much as good as any of the other Short range IR guided missiles in the game (R-73 or Aim-9M etc)

it might have slightly shorter range but other then that its a very good missile.

And the 530 is as good as the R-27 and Aim-7.

Edited by mattebubben

What I don't understand is 'activation costs 10min' - IMHO it should 'cost' nothing. :)

I'd also call it 'Active Time' or 'Ready Time', not 'lifetime' just to keep things from being confusing. According to what you wrote, I understand that putting the missile in STBY will, in effect, not use any coolant and thus it will not decrease the active time.

My understanding is that going from hot to cool consumes more coolant than maintaining the temperature.

So 10 minutes maintaining cool temperature uses as much coolant as going from hot to cool in 30 seconds.

It's probably a fixed coolant flow valve setting, ie when in sustain mode valve is opened with value X, when in startup mode, valve opens with value Y for 30 seconds then reverts to value X.

Missiles:

• MAGIC IIs now have a lifetime of 90 minutes since start of flight on the ground, 80 minutes if you start in the air.
  • Activating the MAGIC IIs take 30 seconds and decrease the lifetime by 10 minutes.
  • If the MAGIC II lifetime reaches 0, the missile becomes inert and cannot be launched.
  • Super 530Ds also have a lifetime but this one is counted in hours so there is no immediate effect in DCS.
  • Super 530Ds can be placed in STANDBY mode. STANDBY mode is SOP for ferry flights and AAR.
  • All missiles will be active from the beginning when you start in the air. Otherwise they will go thru the activation process.

Bombs:

• Bombs now require fuze selection.
  • By default, in both ground and air starts, the bombs are in SAFE (INT, meaning INERTE, which is French for INERT) mode. In this mode the bombs will NOT explode under any circumstances.
  • You MUST select a fuze option before release, either RET, meaning RETARD, which is French for DELAY, in this mode the bomb will penetrate before exploding; or INST, meaning INSTANTANÉ, French for INSTANTANEOUS, in this mode the bomb will explode on contact.

The other PPA options will also be enabled in due time, but these ones are going to be available in the next release.

Thanks, Zeus! Can't wait to see that.

How's the INS progress?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seeing how many ppl where unable to use the Gun for a long time after the Gun arm switch was added i envision there will be alot of ppl yelling missiles are broken after this patch... xD.

I very much reccomend you guys make a Sticky for the new missile operations before the patch releases.

And maby have ED mention it in the Changelog as well.

So everybody knows there is something they need to check up.

Seeing how many ppl where unable to use the Gun for a long time after the Gun arm switch was added i envision there will be alot of ppl yelling missiles are broken after this patch... xD.

I very much reccomend you guys make a Sticky for the new missile operations before the patch releases.

1+

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

M-2000C Pending Update Fix List

A sticky? Do you think it would be help? how much your bet?

Edited by TomCatMucDe

O my god I can just about picture it ...

New post every 2 days "I can't USE MISSILES HALP!"

That's a safe bet. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

530 performance is very bad

The problem is not the missile.

The problem is the Radar has had a tendency to loose lock (radar looses lock and the missile stops tracking)

That is much better now and it keeps improving.

(I have very good performance with the Super 530 in MP atm)

But any problem (since they Replaced the ED 530s with the Matra 530s)

does not lie with the Missile but rather its radar related.

Edited by mattebubben

A sticky? Do you think it would be help? how much your bet?

Well it wont prevent some ppl not reading it.

But it will catch some.

So instead of having 30 ppl a day asking or making a thread about it we will have 10.

If they name the Sticky something Obvious (Missile Activation Procedure or something like that)

A decent amount of ppl will see it instead of having to ask around on the forums.

Especially if its mentioned in the ED offcial changelog that there is a new missile procedure.

Well it wont prevent some ppl not reading it.

But it will catch some.

So instead of having 30 ppl a day asking or making a thread about it we will have 10.

If they name the Sticky something Obvious (Missile Activation Procedure or something like that)

A decent amount of ppl will see it instead of having to ask around on the forums.

Especially if its mentioned in the ED offcial changelog that there is a new missile procedure.

IF YOU CAN'T USE MISSILES READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

:thumbup: Hahahhaha

IF YOU CAN'T USE MISSILES READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Missiles:

Sounds great! Will the missile timer be reset upon rearming (even if I didn't spend the missiles)?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds