Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 6

gregzagk

Do your history before making a comment like this. ZA and Hawk are light attack aircrafts the ZA is a light attack plane not a trainer the L-39C is a trainer however ZA can be congigered to be a trainer.

Both are classified as advanced trainers with light combat capabilities. Very light combat capabilities not suited for the type of conflict seen in Blue Flag.

Hawk was also used in 80's as aggressor plane along side with Tornado attack planes form a Hunter Killer Team HKT for short.

Do you think we need Hawks acting as aggressors on the Blue side for training when we have a dedicated RED team? Do we have Tornados on Blue Flag? We don't. The only thing the Hawk does on Blue Flag is crate lag as Fishnuts has said.

That have every right be on Blue Flag. If dont like them dont fly them but such as me and other pilots like flying them in BF.

Your argument for having trainers in an advanced combat scenario is very selfish. You want 50 other players to suffer lag spikes every time you join your special snowflake trainer because you want to fly it on Blue Flag. Its recon/bombing missions are also a joke but there is nothing else to do for them! Its like the Blue Flag creators needed to give them something or else they would be there just for training and formation flying.

Anyway there always going be problems in any High fedieaity even FC3 so on and DCS it self no such thing as stable or what be always problems and lag that from networks and the DCS net coding.

That is why you remove problematic aircraft and useless scripts to give the server a break.

I want to see arguments for keeping the Hawk/L-39 on Blue Flag and not Wikipedia quotations on what they did in training and in conflicts which had no dedicated opposing air force and air defense.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see arguments for keeping the Hawk/L-39 on Blue Flag and not Wikipedia quotations on what they did in training and in conflicts which had no dedicated opposing air force and air defense.

Argument - because we decided to.

We don't see it related to lag.

About gear up exploit, because this is a DCS bug, we will report it and until it is fixed, nothing else we can do.

About balancing and side fairness issues, stop with the righteousness and start flying.

So far looks like the red side has pushed back the blue side.

Yes arguements pointless get in pit start flying greatest passon ever wind the nosie engine and fun.

Yes pushed back redfor.

Im sure Blue Flag Round 7 be a 70's Mig-21 vs F-5E and Su-25A and A-10A and Mi-8 , SA341L , UH1 all 70's planes make things alot more intersting :P

I`m enjoying this round , blue GCI are doing a really nice job coordinating assets for both offensive and defensive operations, and almost everyone in team are on TS.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really like this, and it makes me wish we had a real dynamic campaign to play in. BUT This is pretty dang close to that minus troop movements (infantry/armor actually moving around the map in real time based on current conditions following orders, reporting information back)

Organization is hard, I have crappy brevity skills but I'm working on it, also it's alittle un-nerving but more flight leads are needed (and not the ones who think they should be leads) the GCI's are over loaded, people need to actually use the different rooms in teamspeak based on their missions and use the whisper function or basically the chain of command.

I just started really looking over the SOP and maps, getting ideas on approaches and stuff.

Today was fun, I was in a 25t and the GCI diverted me from the FARP I was going to attack and had me be the bait (i should have flew alittle higher at fast). It was unverving and bold, I liked it.

About spamrams - it is not effective as it seems to be and if we still intend to call this thing that we do simulation (like refuling from 20% - I've heard from admins that it's there for simulating reallity and for pilots not spaming from the airfields) then make the script and prevent it. Any way or another I'd like to fly and engage in the combat with serious simmers not with kindergarden children. In real life pilot would get banned doing that as well.

Other than that I love you guys, you've reached my heart :)

Edited by jejsus

About balancing and side fairness issues, stop with the righteousness and start flying.

So far looks like the red side has pushed back the blue side.

We would like to fly, but we can't if there's ~15 red and ~35 blue.

Red pushed back Blue, good one :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please add a script that only allows for example maximum difference of 3 or 5 fighter pilots in both teams, to balance teams at least for some part. (Let players choose different roles though)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

perhaps something more subtle

say , if there is >10 player difference between sides , you cant occupy more fighters than number of enemy players (with a minimum of say 10 fighters allowed)

i.e

15 red vs 25 blue , red have 12 fighters , blue can only use 12 fighter slots.

that would push the bigger team to use other assets such as attack planes/helicopters.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds great!!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

say , if there is >10 player difference between sides , you cant occupy more fighters than number of enemy players (with a minimum of say 10 fighters allowed)

i.e

that would push the bigger team to use other assets such as attack planes/helicopters.

That's really interesting and I like the idea. The only major concern I see with it is the problem of not all players owning a module that would allow them to play. For example, a user who only has fighters.

To get started I would take the easy route and just implement a simple team balancing mechanic.

OR a script checking which modules a user has activated and according to that let players choose! :)

That's really interesting and I like the idea. The only major concern I see with it is the problem of not all players owning a module that would allow them to play. For example, a user who only has fighters.

To get started I would take the easy route and just implement a simple team balancing mechanic.

Everyone have Su-25T since this is a free aircraft in DCS World. :thumbup:

i.e

That would be a start, but I see one big problem with that:

Let's say both teams have all fighters in the air, that leaves red with only a handful of other assets, while blue can go all out on helis and strikers.

So it does not change the current overall dynamic at all I'm afraid.

Without force multipliers for the su27 like datalink it will still be a very unbalanced fight even when you have 12v12.

And before anyone brings up 'its a simulation, not everything needs to be balanced hurr durr' please take a step back...

The fact that this game is all but realistically simulated on the part of the SU27 and its avionics just invalidates your argument completely. I mean come on ... no squad datalink, no datalink to the ER and ET missiles? Even, when it was one of the key features of this plane?

So until those aspects have not been fixed this "but balance is unrealistic" is just an invalid argument. It is a game and it is not balanced for a fair fight. How often does your reallife experience lagspikes that your missile goes stupid?

Personally, I'd be ok if placable EWRs give SU27s the datalink that it should have. This would balance the superior missiles of the F15 with the upgraded situational awareness of the SU27.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everyone have Su-25T since this is a free aircraft in DCS World. :thumbup:

True, but if you never really flown it you really suck at it like I do :D

Only thing I can do is SEAD and DEAD, because it's so damn easy in the Su25T ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]