Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

Now we just need to wait for Starway's statement. I would like to hear from him about what he finally wants to do.

+1

Some new info would be nice right about now.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in, I love his work.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

*dons tinfoil hat*

It's interesting that Starway has made no comment, nor did he appear to pro-actively have a purchase/donation mechanism in place when this announcement was made.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Dear all,

this is a very unfortunate outcome of a very long path.

Right now I am in my vacations and can't make a decision how to proceed. I will let you know when I am back.

Thank you for all your support so far.

All the best,

Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Well there is one way around the problem and that is for ED to offer Starway the Terrain tools and link the textures to new buildings or other map objects. OK then everyone could just copy the textures and use whatever works for the terrain but I believe this way Starway would have a lot of paying customers. Call the DLC for Extended Caucasus :D

Dear all,

Right now I am in my vacations and can't make a decision how to proceed. I will let you know when I am back.

All the best,

Starway

Take your time buddy :yes: enjoy your vacation.

g8PjVMw.png

I think this should be released as a Terrain job. Just add a old rotten barn somewhere in Georgia and pack it in as a licensed terrain extension. I would buy it in a blink of the eye as long as it updates through ED's excellent updater!

Dear all,

All the best,

Starway

Don't worry about it, just get some well earned rest and relaxation!

We can wait :)

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

You have my support Starway !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Yeah, I think everyone's still totally on board. I know I'll chip in. Bummer that we can't just get the software to take care of it all for us, but most of us probably have a bunch of things plugged in through JSGME already, so what's one more?

More importantly please release it soon I don't know how much longaaaaaauughgpighaiuerhuibpeui38t208:crazy:

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Well there is one way around the problem and that is for ED to offer Starway the Terrain tools and link the textures to new buildings or other map objects. OK then everyone could just copy the textures and use whatever works for the terrain but I believe this way Starway would have a lot of paying customers. Call the DLC for Extended Caucasus :D

That's actually quite a good idea. If the whole existing terrain + Starway's texture had been packaged up as a new DLC map rather than just textures then we could have considered it just like a new map.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

That's actually quite a good idea. If the whole existing terrain + Starway's texture had been packaged up as a new DLC map rather than just textures then we could have considered it just like a new map.

That's what i was suggesting, then allow the two maps to work together in multiplayer :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

That's what i was suggesting, then allow the two maps to work together in multiplayer :)

Yes, exactly. However, I'm sure the boffins at ED had thought about this so there's probably other factors at play here.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

What makes this ground texture better than say Barthek's? I'm not trying to cause any problems and I probably will donate to this one. Just curious as to why this one is worth paying money for and the others aren't.

• Like 1

A new map (lot's of redundant files) for just a few changed texture files? A no-go for me (and my hard drive as well). Other solution: ED buys Starways files and include them into default DCS...

Anyway: I'll stay with Bartheks textures :thumbup: Autumn will be released soon

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Now with most of the time sitting in the Gazelle, it's even more obvious to me, that the default terrain needs some polishing. Watching gameplay vids of Wags flying with the upgraded starway terrain, increases the need for it even more.

Whatever the option is, pls give us the chance of participating soon,

just tell me where to donate...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Well I cant for my life see why they can not attached the textures to some other licensed pack object. A vehicle, a boat, a plane or as I first suggested, a old rotten barn somewhere in Georgia! OK so everyone can copy and share their textures but at least we who want to pay for it and have it distributed through ED's Updater will have an option and Starway will have his money!

• Like 1

The decision is to not release unprotected mods through the updater. That's not going to change right now.

I understand that this is the official position but I would vote +1 that I would gladly pay for it to be maintained through official channels.

Perhaps there could be an improved way that mods don't get broken on updates like they currently do as an alternative. Instead of CoreMods we could have SecondaryMods or something. I am aware about JGSME or whatever and use it but obviously the way official DLC is handled is preferred as it is a no hassle option.

Not trying to disagree just stating my opinion. Have a nice day! :)

I'm IN!

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS