Chuck's SA-342M Gazelle Guide

Charly_Owl

So haven't finished reading it yet...but found two things on page 19:

1) You have the pitot heat switch in there twice

2) They Hydraulic test switch is currently not modeled.

Page 43: The fuel lever need to be moved forward until rotors start spinning, then wait for turbine and rotors to sync, then slowly move fuel lever forward. In the next update if you pushed the fuel lever forward to quickly it's kill the engine...and you'll get even nastier looks from the Commander.

Page 57: Seems like you copied the Huey info, since you actually apply right rudder, not left during hover. If you used left, you'll find yourself spinning quite a bit more.

Page 63: The Gazelle has an auto-throttle system, so to induce auturotation your shutting fuel flow, not really reducing the throttle....more semantics.

Page 89-90 seem to have same info...different pictures.

Will post if I find anything else

Fixed, thanks!

Excellent work Thank you Chuck!

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Not a problem. Most people hate reading manuals...I love it. Your I especially like because I'm a visual person and I like seeing all the pictures.

Fixed, thanks!

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Brilliant work. Thank you so much :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Thanks!

As always, if you see any mistakes or inconsistencies please let me know.

I am also open to suggestions to improve the guide based on your feedback and ideas.

Hey Charly

Thanks for another great guide. :thumbup:

A few thoughts:

- Page 43, paragraph 11: I don't know about the real Gazelle, but in DCS: Gazelle turing off the starter after engine start will lead to engine shutdown on autorotation simulation; once you pull back on the fuel lever the engine will die instead of staying on 25,000 RPM (and I saw you left it ON in your autorotation movie:music_whistling:).

- Page 74, paragraph 16: The term "Lock" is a bit incorrect in my opinion, plus the white rectangle does not depends on the manual lasing and is not a lock symbol but a launch authorization.

- Page 86, paragraph 2: The PANNE light does not appear on the NADIR startup. I know it is from the Polychop NADIR manual, but right now it's only on during the ground test mode (TEST SOL). http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=166594

Thanks again

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

H

- Page 43, paragraph 11: I don't know about the real Gazelle, but in DCS: Gazelle turing off the starter after engine start will lead to engine shutdown on autorotation simulation; once you pull back on the fuel lever the engine will die instead of staying on 25,000 RPM (and I saw you left it ON in your autorotation movie:music_whistling:).

Well, someone is going to have to find out the real procedure because I'm seeing two contradicting versions here.

Well, someone is going to have to find out the real procedure because I'm seeing two contradicting versions here.

I have to say that on the youtube videos I see, the starter switch positions are labeled differently and it is manipulated differently.

Instead of VENT-OFF-ON it is OFF-ON-IGN, so you go to top position (IGN) on startup and down to middle position (ON) after.

Maybe it is a different variant\engine. (Edit: after looking at some more cockpit photos, there is a different in the starter switch between the SA342M and some other variants).

I really don't know what is right or wrong, I'm just curious.

Edited by Body Farm

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

thanks Chuck, appreciate your efforts with pulling this together!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks sir!!!

This thread was what I was looking for right after bought the module! :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068