Development update April 2016 - Hawk

Yes you should come on 104 when I try landing lol.

Just dont be in my way. :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Good to see things moving forward:) Must have been nerve-wrecking to untie the gordian knot of getting everything to work during the engine transition.

Too bad I only like prop planes but... If we get a video of Ells or Pman with a cigar dropping the above linked line, I'll buy the Hawk EFM:D

DCS Hawk T.1 by VEAO

Updated cockpit textures – Set High, Medium or Low in Options, Special, Hawk tab.

(High – 4096, Medium – 2048, Low 1024)

EFM fully integrated.

Set wheel brake left and right in Axis options - Nose wheel steering has been removed.

Toe brakes and rudder pedals animated.

Parking brake added.

Trim can be set using keyboard, joystick or using the switches in cockpit.

Rudder and aileron trim gauges animated.

Brake pressure gauges animated.

Keyboard control inputs working - throttle, pitch, roll and yaw.

Oxygen hypoxia effect tweaked.

Anti-skid function added – default operation is off until entering runway.

Pitot heat function updated.

Standby (emergency) brake and flaps functions added.

Visual buffeting added for stall and over-speed.

Low level high speed ground effect added (wind must be set in mission) EFM damage model implemented; when aircraft section destroyed, EFM is affected.

Aircraft no longer hovers above ground when gears damaged.

Auto-start sequence (Left Win+Home) updated to remove rotation light.

Auto-stop sequence (Left Win+End) updated.

Auto-start/stop sequence added to joystick assignments (under cheat section).

Updated cockpit textures High/Medium/Low. Set your preferred level in Options, Special, Hawk tab.

Radios partially functional; Ground crew and UHF AM New cockpit sounds.

New engine sounds.

Additional bugs no doubt introduced.

Aim-9M LAU-7 pylon added. Mission designers need to update their missions for this change.

Sidewinder tone for seek and lock now working.

Aden gun pod added, UPK removed. Mission designers need to update their missions for this change.

Single and Quickstart Missions updated for Aden.

Gun switch "on" will now open the gun switch cover on the joystick.

Weapons panel hot or missile panel hot will open fire button cover on joystick.

Air start option – Weapons now armed.

F2 view; flaps and RPM indicator now working.

Kneeboard joystick assignment for mark position and page changes fixed.

Detached Det cord showing inside of canopy now removed.

Training Start-up mission updated for EFM functions.

Safety pins removed by default.

Backlighting on main panel altered.

Engine Start/Re-light button clickable added to throttle model in-sim (click to start GTS).

Updated click spots to move with throttle movement.

Various texture label updates in cockpit.

Glad to see EFM made change log in 2.0 :thumbup:

Hey Guys,

Here's a little video for you of what you'll be getting.

https://youtu.be/4cb7_bgDMis

External engine and cockpit sound test of DCS: Hawk for the upcoming DCS: World OpenAlpha 2.0.2 patch, including EFM.

Raw video recorded straight from the flight, no sound editing.

I threw her about for a couple of flat spins and some low level ground effect flying.

All still work-in-progress of course.

Video is 2560x1080

Edit - Apologies for the black spots, seems like Fraps had a little issue.

Chris

Hey Guys,

Here's a little video for you of what you'll be getting.

https://youtu.be/4cb7_bgDMis

External engine and cockpit sound test of DCS: Hawk for the upcoming DCS: World OpenAlpha 2.0.2 patch, including EFM.

Raw video recorded straight from the flight, no sound editing.

I threw her about for a couple of flat spins and some low level ground effect flying.

All still work-in-progress of course.

Video is 2560x1080

Edit - Apologies for the black spots, seems like Fraps had a little issue.

Chris

Amazing. As someone who spent 6 months launching those things, I can say that the sound is right on the money. Brings back so many memories.

Amazing. As someone who spent 6 months launching those things, I can say that the sound is right on the money. Brings back so many memories.

Awesome, thanks!!

Will be even better when we can get the external Adour sounds working too :thumbup:

Same for me. I spent 2 yrs building Adours for Hawk and Jaguar, as well as working with the Hawk on a flight line environment, it it sounds about right to me.

Awsome job Ells. Looking forward to trying out the EFM.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Ells and team, congrats on finally making it to this point! Looking forward to giving her a whirl again once this is out. Thanks!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Time to break out the Astra livery for some flight testing.

Which you can download from here :smilewink:

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Great news guys, really excited for this :)

:joystick:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Everyone in town used to throw rocks at me and tell me I was annoying. I once knew this guy named Dilby. He threw rocks at me too. Are you gonna throw rocks at me?.... What about now? ...What about now? ... ...What about now?