Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whooooooo!!!!!!! 1.3 with AWT working.

I can run 1.5.3 terrain luas + low shadows + HDR in my MiG-21 instant action takeoff smooth as butter! (even is says 36fps ingame)

THIS IS MASSIVE GOOD SHIT ED! Well done ED, really, well done!

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

standby for changelogs.

Open Beta Update 3 Changelog Updated for Today's Patches to OB and Release Branches.:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2730164&postcount=18

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Great News. Now roll on the cv1 reports!

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• ED Team

Although we added Oculus 1.3 SDK support today, there are a number of areas we still plan to improve:

1- 2D loading screens

2- Object clipping at edge of view

3- Re-center key mapping

4- Xbox controller going into sleep mode

5- Improved hangar scene

We are getting closer though to what we feel will be a good DCS World implementation in the Rift.

Thanks

Although we added Oculus 1.3 SDK support today, there are a number of areas we still plan to improve:

1- 2D loading screens

2- Object clipping at edge of view

3- Re-center key mapping

4- Xbox controller going into sleep mode

5- Improved hangar scene

We are getting closer though to what we feel will be a good DCS World implementation in the Rift.

Thanks

Thanks for not holding it back until fully complete. It's great we are now rift flyable again.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

WOW! THANK YOU ED AND Wags! I have not updated yet today, but I just fell off my chair with excitement!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Lovely, just LOVELY! Excellent first draft of ATW. Just BRAVO! :smartass::smartass::smartass:

And many thanks for keeping DCS as a standalone, external-to-Oculus-Home package! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Just updated the standalone (not open beta), and the improvement with even the DK2 is amazing. It's 100 times smoother than it was before, and it was ok smooth before. Got job guys.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Less ghosting from ATW also equals clearer edges / text :-)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Just updated the standalone (not open beta), and the improvement with even the DK2 is amazing. It's 100 times smoother than it was before, and it was ok smooth before. Got job guys.

Yeah, dam. Don't have the standalone installed.

Removed it to free up some space while I used the OpenBeta exclusively with the DK2.

Oh well, only 6 hours to download on my measly 5meg :(

EDIT: Wait, I remembered there's a couple of command line switches I can do! http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Giving that a shot first.

EDIT2: I got it working! YOU CAN READ THE COCKPIT PEOPLE! AAHHHH!!!

Edited by RoyMi6

With like 3 minutes of flying under my belt...

Did a guns fight in the M2000. All HUD text and symbolgy is 100% readable, absolutely no problem there. Then again, the M2K has pretty big HUD text.

Need more time to tell, but targets within a few NM aren't hard to see at all. What *was* much harder than I expected was checking 6 with the 1:1 tracking. Checking one side to the other and over the top and everything else in a close in dogfight is a lot of work and stretching. I also kept breaking the canopy bounds which is was kind of immersion breaking, but what are you going to do? I suppose you could build a frame to knock your head against. :D

First impressions are definite thumbs up. Now I gotta get my toddler to his nap so I can go back at it. ;) I'm off work for another week, so lots of flying to be done still!

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Ah Good, sooner than I expected.

Now patiently awaiting CV1 reviews before my DK2 goes Ebay :)

They have been out for 3 days already

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Oculus+rift+review

Or do you mean DCS players giving their opinion s on the forum?

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Ah Good, sooner than I expected.

Now patiently awaiting CV1 reviews before my DK2 goes Ebay :)

Yeah, dam. Don't have the standalone installed.

Removed it to free up some space while I used the OpenBeta exclusively with the DK2.

Oh well, only 6 hours to download on my measly 5meg :(

EDIT: Wait, I remembered there's a couple of command line switches I can do! http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Giving that a shot first.

EDIT2: I got it working! YOU CAN READ THE COCKPIT PEOPLE! AAHHHH!!!

I too have the open beta version installed only but I do not want to screw around with command line switches. Do I need to uninstall open beta 1.5 and re-install release 1.5??

With like 3 minutes of flying under my belt...

Did a guns fight in the M2000. All HUD text and symbolgy is 100% readable, absolutely no problem there. Then again, the M2K has pretty big HUD text.

Need more time to tell, but targets within a few NM aren't hard to see at all. What *was* much harder than I expected was checking 6 with the 1:1 tracking. Checking one side to the other and over the top and everything else in a close in dogfight is a lot of work and stretching. I also kept breaking the canopy bounds which is was kind of immersion breaking, but what are you going to do? I suppose you could build a frame to knock your head against. :D

First impressions are definite thumbs up. Now I gotta get my toddler to his nap so I can go back at it. ;) I'm off work for another week, so lots of flying to be done still!

We need more cv1 reports! Come on Rico get that kid to sleep!!

- What about the cv1 blurring in the centre of the lens reported with Apollo 11?

- The new cockpit interaction method?

- positional tracking on the dcs main menu/mission planning screens?

- frame rate performance?

- shadows?

- switch label readability?

I sold my dk2 to get funds for cv1 and with the shipping delays I'm grounded. Anxious for more info. :-)