creating cameras

AstroEma

Hi All,

how do you guys create those cameras on the ground, that are fixed on the plane flying?

Just like a TV cameras at airshows?

Is there a procedure for creating those?

Thank you!

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Hi All,

how do you guys create those cameras on the ground, that are fixed on the plane flying?

Just like a TV cameras at airshows?

Is there a procedure for creating those?

Thank you!

E.

you can put a truck or something on the ground, hit F7 till it gets to it, then press F5 to track nearest target?

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check the nearest airport, click on it under the map view(F10) and you can "fly" to anywhere where you want to put your viewpoint in F11.

Then you turn your camera to your plane (best if you put your position on the ground and watching to the sky) and push the ( NUM, ) which a padlock to your plane.

Just start your airshow at an airport. in this case you can stay there and easily do what I wrote above...

PS: if you crash during your flight, the padlock camera immediatelly turn back to the beginning position where locked your plane first. To prevent this, you can follow the show by your hand via mouse.

[ame]

[/ame]

PS2: the module MiG-21bis under 1.5.3 is wrong, because it is doing something totally different than what you did before. Mostly retract the gears during the takeoff on the ground or just miss a turn and hit the ground a few seconds later. I don't know why. It is a bug.

• ED Team

^^^^

Actually, this is the best way:

When the mission begins, and you are on the ground, runway, whatever - hit CTRL-F11, and you are now in the "free cam view". Move the camera to wherever you want, ground, air, doesn't matter.

Now hit CTRL-F3 and the camera will start following (tracking) your plane (or whatever object the camera was locked to in the first place).

Obviously this is best for track files, but if you "accidently" switch to another viewpoint, as in the Cockpit, F2 view, normal F3 flyby view - it doesn't matter. When you press the F11 key again you will be back to where you placed the camera in the first place.

• ED Team

Go to where you installed DCS World, then go to \Config\View folder.

Open the "server.lua" fila using notepad or something, look for this line:

CameraTerrainRestriction = true

Change the value to "false" so it looks like this:

CameraTerrainRestriction = false

Save the file and close it. Now the camera in-game will literally go through the ground, and you can achieve shots like that. :)

There's also a relatively new feature that allows you to have a fixed camera on an aircraft

[LShift + F4]

Move using the same key combinations that are used for in-cockpit 6 DOF movement i.e.:

[RCtrl + Rshift + Num arrows]

[RCtrl + Rshift + Num *] and [RCtrl + Rshift + Num /]

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2572742&postcount=57

I'm not self promoting, but just for the sake of clarity, you can see it in use in my latest video @2:21

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 2

^^^^

Actually, this is the best way:

When the mission begins, and you are on the ground, runway, whatever - hit CTRL-F11, and you are now in the "free cam view". Move the camera to wherever you want, ground, air, doesn't matter.

Now hit CTRL-F3 and the camera will start following (tracking) your plane (or whatever object the camera was locked to in the first place).

Obviously this is best for track files, but if you "accidently" switch to another viewpoint, as in the Cockpit, F2 view, normal F3 flyby view - it doesn't matter. When you press the F11 key again you will be back to where you placed the camera in the first place.

I would have thought it may only work by using [Numpad .]