Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12512680_986146941471944_2982347530926054315_n.png?oh=a8b4a6e4d88973fc2ba5dd572a428cc1&oe=57783CB3&__gda__=1467241524_b051fc5c79d497b85a643e55f6677e26

M-2000C Electrical system damage model. Any hit on the highlighted elements and the power supply will be affected.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Very nice!

Will you also model in detail the hydraulic system and his various subsystems (the ancillary - Emergency brake subsystem etc - i think that the correspondive ''Hydraulic System selector'' switch isn't working properly at the moment)?

12512680_986146941471944_2982347530926054315_n.png?oh=a8b4a6e4d88973fc2ba5dd572a428cc1&oe=57783CB3&__gda__=1467241524_b051fc5c79d497b85a643e55f6677e26

M-2000C Electrical system damage model. Any hit on the highlighted elements and the power supply will be affected.

Impressive :thumbup::thumbup:

[edit] If I had to guess, I would place the battery on the right side of the cockpit, behind the panel with the "lightning" symbol => http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5512/10677351105_5a9cbb13de.jpg

+ It seems logical to have a bit of space between the battery and the TRs, so that both can't be hit at the same time? (even if the Mirage is a tiny/cramped aircraft)

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Impressive :thumbup::thumbup:

[edit] If I had to guess, I would place the battery on the right side of the cockpit, behind the panel with the "lightning" symbol => http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5512/10677351105_5a9cbb13de.jpg

+ It seems logical to have a bit of space between the battery and the TRs, so that both can't be hit at the same time? (even if the Mirage is a tiny/cramped aircraft)

Those elements have already been moved to their real place.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

m2kc%20collision%20model_zpsnhyin9wg.jpg

This is the corrected collision model with the damage elements in it. If you look carefully you can see the "pilot".

I was under the impression DCS doesn't allow for penetration, thus making internal structure impossible to model. Is that incorrect or are you applying these damage sections to the skin? Sorry for the overly technical question, I just like to know how these things work. Good work regardless. :)

Steering dot / radar antenna position relative to the fighter boresight

Shouldn't the Interception Flight Director / steering reference relate the HUD space with the RADAR gimbal/RADAR antenna position? Right now it's difficult going head on, while maneuvering against a threat, without knowing the radar antenna position.

Other than that, I'm having great fun ambushing bandits. With RADAR memory, this bird is a viper at medium/high altitudes. Small and very dangerous :D

I think it serves the same purpose as the ASE (Allowable Steering Error) circle in the F15/F18 HUD. Though as far as I can make out in the Mir2K the circle is fixed size so the dots sensitivity would I presume change as a function of intercept geometry. So centering the dot points the aircraft velocity vector towards the optimum position for missile launch ... typically a lead collision point. the circle defines the acceptable pointing error for a successful launch. In some of the scope video on the net an ASE is also present on the radar in STT.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was under the impression DCS doesn't allow for penetration, thus making internal structure impossible to model. Is that incorrect or are you applying these damage sections to the skin? Sorry for the overly technical question, I just like to know how these things work. Good work regardless. :)

There is penetration. In our tests we get damage to internal modules as well.

Otherwise we wouldn't have made those modules and just went with skin damage.

I don't know the mechanics of penetration, but there is some at least.

again :(

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Guys, maybe the problem that Zeus had past week (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=163224) don't let they have the update ready...

We all know they're working on it and already we had seen some upgrades on damage model or radar features... for sure it will be on ours hands nearly (I hope)

PS: Wops! sniped by the master xD Thanks!

Edited by Zaz0

April fools!!

Somehow our change log didn't make it through all the ED channels in time to make it to the post but here is what you guys should see in the update today. Enjoy!

- Added ECLAIR pod (not yet fully functional)

- Added electrical power distribution network

- Added electrical power damage handler

- Added M-2000C options section

- Added canopy jettison lever

- Added QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) power switch

- Added nozzle efficiency loss calculations for non-ideal nozzle positions

- Added emergency engine control logic for nozzle

- Added separate bindings for flashlight and panel lights toggle

- Added separate braking power logic between all wheels (full brake) vs. just main wheels (half brake)

- Added rearm functionality for parachute (may change after ECLAIR implemented, ECLAIR incompatible with parachute)

- Added animation for canopy lever

- Added cannon safety switch

- Added radio repeater lights

- Updated electrical system (more like completely rebuilt), still WIP

- Updated gear suspension behavior to react more like reference videos

- Updated direct control algorithm

- Updated aero performance based on acceleration timing

- Updated and increased braking power to correct values

- Updated anti-skid logic for much better landing, takeoff, and taxi control

- Updated control effectiveness tuning for more edge conditions

- Updated autopilot behavior for correct logic (need to update manual for new behavior)

- Updated drag calculations at high alpha/pitch rate

- Updated weight-on-wheels (WoW) sensor logic

- Updated FBW sensor parameters

- Updated device initialization priority

- Updated cockpit model and textures

- Updated collision model

- Fixed canopy lever getting into awkward and uncomfortable situations

- Fixed AI no longer has landing lights on through gear when gear goes up

- Fixed automatically leaving APP mode to show Jx (chevron) when touching down after landing

- Fixed doubled mass consumption rate in external wing tanks

- Fixed strobe light timing

- Fixed duplicate binding for navigation and formation lights

- Fixed navigation light toggle functionality

- Fixed VTB roll indicator only going half of roll

- Fixed clock to show correct GMT time

- Fixed AI SFM fuel consumption

- Fixed wheel brake axis only using 50% of values

- Fixed wheel brake instability and steering issues

- Fixed uncommanded pitch up behavior off takeoff or in steep climb

- Fixed uncommanded pitch behavior in high roll rate

- Fixed direct control behavior to reduce control sluggishness

- Fixed fuel bingo interpreted incorrectly at low commanded values

- Fixed select altitude autopilot behavior and interpretation of commanded values

- Fixed on-ground engine RPM

- Fixed N dial readability issues

- Fixed some switch covers intersecting switches

- Fixed cockpit pressure gauge using incorrect parameter

- Fixed reference wing area for SFM (AI)

- Fixed nozzle position logic for correct behavior

- Fixed wrong limit on VOR/ILS frequency

- Fixed SEC CALC switch model

- Fixed annunciator panel label from TRN to TR

- Fixed emergency throttle model

But the question is...

Is this Aprils Fools Update real or is it a very very cruel April fools joke ^^

So as i understant correctly those m2000 changes listed above in change log are not yet released in todays Open Beta 1.5.3 ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

It's be more of a pain to make up that list randomly as a joke then it would be to actually just fix stuff! Anyways, Teeter was cruel enough with the beta tester joke.

Goes into the 1.5.3 open beta today...

I had to run out but as I was about to go I've skimmed trough it and I thought it was real for 4 or 5 hours until I came back home and realized it's a joke

lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit