Mi-8MTV2 News

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans finally functioning! Thanks BST!

So, I was under the impression that this was one of the last "tiny" additions that we are gifted with as the remaining features (bomb sight, etc.) require some DCS ground work (i.e. MP cockpits)?

So, then all that is left is ...

News 26: English Cockpit

News 27: English Manual (finalized)

... riiight?

Well, any news on these points, BST?

An excellent english cockpit conversion is made by member Devrim. Get it here!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/668712/

I know - and actually do use it. But that's not the point here ...

And besides ...

English cockpit is allready available! click it in the "special/Mi-8mtv2" options menu.
No.

Not with the BST standard installation, i.e. without Devrim's mod.

:doh::D

I think the point is, as with real world market demand.

If the market sales add weight to the demand for an English pit then the manufacturer will adapt.... at least that is the basic model of economics.

I am ok with the Russian pit..... I would be better with an English pit, which is after all, the standard of the aeronautical industry.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I think the point is, as with real world market demand.

If the market sales add weight to the demand for an English pit then the manufacturer will adapt.... at least that is the basic model of economics.

I am ok with the Russian pit..... I would be better with an English pit, which is after all, the standard of the aeronautical industry.

It's the standard in International comms only. So it's not a reason for have an english cockpit. But I agree wth you in the topic. There are english, spanish, chinese...Hip cockpits, it's an option for the operator.

They should work something out with Devrim and get his cockpit as the default english cockpit. Why duplicate effort? There are better things to use dev time on if a solution already exists.

Unfortunately, I'm sure they have a very good reason for not doing that.

Practice makes perfect.

News No.27

News No.27

Now you can remove the side mirrors.

"On / Off button. mirror "in the settings has 3 positions:

9122602.jpg

1. Mirrors have work.

9122603.jpg

2. Mirrors is, do not work.

9149226.jpg

3. Mirrors removed.

9116458.jpg

Appearance:

1. Mirrors removed.

9160493.jpg

2. Mirrors installed.

9150253.jpg

Increasing the choice of helicopter layout will produce a new small pleasures of flights to MI-8MTV2 Belsimtek.;)

Awesome!

Any plans for a complete civil cockpit?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Very nice. It just gets better and better.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

It's the standard in International comms only. So it's not a reason for have an english cockpit. But I agree wth you in the topic. There are english, spanish, chinese...Hip cockpits, it's an option for the operator.

True

I think the mirrors are really handy if you want to ensure that your backwheels are also over any tight spot you wish to land upon. I am more excited about the removeable gunsight. And I am also excited that they are still refining this Heli.

Mi-8 is my favorite in DCS, a shared place with the MiG-21.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

we want same option for gun sight please.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5