Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

Packed, yes. Even, no. In the last 2 hours it was even, but the days before we were heavily outnumbered and everybody knows it. Please stop denying that.

I cant wait for the statistics to know exactly how bad it was.

At certain times, of course. The ratio ebbed and flowed between red and blue depending on the time.

Dont forget that as the noose tightened around PAK 5 and 6 Bluefor would have had less ability to refuel and less slots for pilots, especially if youre a lone wolf. This could have had an effect on pilot numbers. I will however wait for the final stats.

Also thanks for trying to crash the server yesterday with your repeated screenshot spam despite people on red and blue asking you to stop. I have a screenshot of that. Would you like to see it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait for the statistics to know exactly how bad it was.
40 against 11 this late morning. 3:1 yesterday.

That's fine, that actually happened a lot in the other side during most of the campaign. You are not complaining about outnumbering, you are complaing about which side outnumbered the other :D

EDIT : Can screenshot can crash the server ??

Here goes a 17 minutes recording in "dead pilot's soul mode" in the last few hours of the campaign...

*NOB*Wepar & me went for a SEAD strike an I bought the farm first... it didn't kick me back out to spectators and some of the stuff I got on recording are amazing...

Enjoy!!!

Maybe you can find yourself in it...

:thumbup:

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Here goes a 17 minutes recording in "dead pilot's soul mode" in the last few hours of the campaign...

*NOB*Wepar & me went for a SEAD strike an I bought the farm first... it didn't kick me back out to spectators and some of the stuff I got on recodrding are amazing...

Enjoy!!!

Maybe you can find yourself in it...

:thumbup:

You should cut 9:56 to 10:46 Arcus33 killing an F-15 with a10 on fire :worthy:

Edited by roccoo

To all the guys who fought fair and to the Buddy Spike team a big well done and thank you.

I had a lot of fun working with the other guys from the community, hopefully see more of them next round!

Hoping guys can put some constructive feedback, lets try not moan about the misdeed of the few and team balance ect. What's done is done.

Anyway

IfnUB9A.png

Now I can go back to real life.

104th_Octuplefire

S!

• Like 5

Congratulations to the Red Team. you guys were pushed all the way to Maykop and you came back. I know the server issues are frustrating for everyone but the Buddy Spike team is blazing a new trail here. This is very ambitious and there is nothing like it. When the red turned the tide it just crushed the morale of the blue it was embarrassing to hear all the complaining. Give Red their due. Good job guys!

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

We all owe the Buddyspike team a debt of gratitude for their dedication and patience. We all had a fantastic time and got to know each other as a community much more.

Needless to say special thanks to the chopper pilots. Get to the choppa (for another fuel run)! Arnie would be proud.

S! all. See you Round 6.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Needless to say special thanks to the chopper pilots. Get to the choppa (for another fuel run)! Arnie would be proud.

Yes. Every time I was in the team speak, the helicopters were in their channel constantly working. There wasn't a single time I was playing that didn't have our boys running fuel, kubs, iglas, and troops all over the map.

The entire helicopter force should receive bravery medals and much deserved R and R :thumbup:

Some stats and details as promised:

Connections: 2.623 unique player id's joined the server during round 5 (13th -28th of February)

Round 5 was the most popular compared to the previous rounds of "Blue Flag" PvP Campaign.

Server was full most of the days and nights giving us a "good" problem to deal with for the next events that is providing more slots to players.

Server crashed usually during mission restarts and on some occasions in which we faced memory leak issues. Downtime of the server decreased a lot due to the auto restart function installed some days after the official start of the round.

Below you can see Blue & Red player numbers during the 16 days of the campaign:

*Click on the picture to direct to the chart link.

round5%20chart_zpsynvhbmwr.jpg

Greg

"Buddyspike" Team

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Connections: 2.623 unique player id's joined the server during round 5 (13th -28th of February)

Greg

"Buddyspike" Team

Thank you Greg,

It was really great experience participating Blue Flag Operations. I'm surprised with number of the unique players. I gain impression that the number is not as big as you calculated.

It would be great if you can give us Tacview records and more detailed report like Player name, Score, Kills, Deaths.

Thank you,

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Some things i think would be interesting:

Number of hours for each team in total, in fighters, strikers and helos

Number of KUB sites deployed by each team

Number of hours each team outnumbered the other

Number of hours each team outnumbered the other by a large margin (>2:1)

Hit percentage of missiles by missile type and team

Hit percentage of missiles in the last hour before server restart (i.e. how bad was the lag)

These are just some suggestions and i dont know if all of them are possible to get out of the records, especially the hit percentage ones.

Edited by Oznerol256

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greg

"Buddyspike" Team

Thanks! I calculated the time average of players per side using the data from the html file:

BLUE: 16.35

RED: 16.08

So in average each team had approximately 16 players on the server. I have to admit that I was surprised that the numbers are so close to each other!

-----------------------------------------------

Edit: Some additional information:

Time that a team outnumbered the other team by at least 1 player:

BLUE: 168.42h

RED: 143.58h

Time that a team outnumbered the other team by more than 2:1:

BLUE: 55.17h

RED: 39.92h

Edited by counter25

Greg, could you tell me the stats of how many times my "IAS MAX" betty was tripped in my Ka50, divided by the number of night missions the server had, multiplied by how many total rounds I fired from my 30mm canon? Also I would be interested knowing what color my wife should paint our kitchen?

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Greg, could you tell me the stats of how many times my "IAS MAX" betty was tripped in my Ka50, divided by the number of night missions the server had, multiplied by how many total rounds I fired from my 30mm canon? Also I would be interested knowing what color my wife should paint our kitchen?

Reaper6

Hey that will need 1 extra day to calculate. Crash is on it! Stay tuned :lol:

8939.png

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Some ideas:

+1 for removing squadron slots. - Don't see why some squadrons should have reserved slots. Especially while they don't use it.

Refueling problem - Allow refueling with planes that can carry traveling pods (A-10 and Su-25). And/or place farps closer to the airports so heli pilot refueling tasks will not be so time consuming and boring.

Crashing server on startup - There was problem with many server crashes after server startup while many users are connecting at the same time. Maybe this issue could be addressed programmatically by regulating the number of the available connections. For instance: First minute after start - no connections, Second minute 10 connections, ...

Screenshots are producing warping and lag - There was events when some of the players abuse screenshot feature to intentionally make problems with lag, warping and maybe crashing the server. It would be great that script could detect more than x screenshots/minute and ban that player.

Recommended network setting - Forbid connection to the player that didn't setup autoexec.cfg file properly, like it is advised on the front page of the Blue Flag Operations. This could contribute to the stability and performance.

Memory leaks - Add more RAM to the server, since you can't fix DCS memory leaks. This should give us more time before memory leak spends all RAM and eventually crash the server.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Thanks! I calculated the time average of players per side using the data from the html file:

BLUE: 16.35

RED: 16.08

So in average each team had approximately 16 players on the server. I have to admit that I was surprised that the numbers are so close to each other!

-----------------------------------------------

Edit: Some additional information:

Time that a team outnumbered the other team by at least 1 player:

BLUE: 168.42h

RED: 143.58h

Time that a team outnumbered the other team by more than 2:1:

BLUE: 55.17h

RED: 39.92h

I think I love you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://buddyspike.net/

Could you tell me the stats of how many times my "IAS MAX" betty was tripped in my Ka50, divided by the number of night missions the server had, multiplied by how many total rounds I fired from my 30mm canon? Also I would be interested knowing what color my wife should paint our kitchen?

Reaper6

White or cream Reaper. You'll regret anything more 'vibrant'.

I told her the same thing, but apparently she only asks me to make me think I actually have a say in the situation.

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Quit a bit lower than I expected. I will work on getting those numbers up for the next round :)

"De oppresso liber"