Radar export now broken

tempusmurphy

Yes, the VTB_init.lua was changed so you can open a radar viewport in the sim.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I really don't know. I don't have experience with that so I will say "Go Ahead and try." and please tell me how it went. I did this to make life easier to you guys and I hope it works.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As I said earlier, I don't know how you do it.

Anyway, to activate the VTB (radar screen) in the cockpit you only need to assign a key to the following command:

VTB Viewport On/Off

It is grouped under Systems.

I hope that helps.

I created a special monitor lua based on one done by PeterP years ago. It had all the various modules I owned set up in it so that whichever one I used it would display on the second monitor.

I haven't downloaded 1.5.3 yet so once I do I'll check it out. Hope it's still possible, hate to have to build one for each module. That would be a pain...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Quick question for the developers, I have a triple monitor setup so my canopy takes up all of my monitors. So when I turn on the VTB export it shows up on my far right monitor forcing me to look at it with the track ir. Im sure other triple monitor users are having the same issue. Is there a way I can put it on my center monitor so I dont have to look away from the center monitor??

Quick question for the developers, I have a triple monitor setup so my canopy takes up all of my monitors. So when I turn on the VTB export it shows up on my far right monitor forcing me to look at it with the track ir. Im sure other triple monitor users are having the same issue. Is there a way I can put it on my center monitor so I dont have to look away from the center monitor??

In vtb_init.lua at the bottom of the file you will find this line:

try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

All I can say is experiment with CENTER_MFCD or perhaps somebody knows what value to put there.

You need to set the coordinates you want for the RIGHT_MFCD view port (which is just a name anyway).

In your monitor lua file, add this for example:

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = screen.width/3;

y = 0;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

P.S.: Either edit the lua file under \DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup or create a new one (copy of the default one), then change the file name and the name inside, in \Saved Games\DCS\Config\MonitorSetup

@Zeus67: try_find_assigned_viewport can use an alternate name, for example:

try_find_assigned_viewport("VTB","RIGHT_MFCD");

will search for "VTB" view port, if it doesn't find it will use RIGHT_MFCD viewport. This allows even more customization, while keeping it generic for users who only define RIGHT_MFCD.

Edited by PiedDroit

You need to set the coordinates you want for the RIGHT_MFCD view port (which is just a name anyway).

In your monitor lua file, add this for example:

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = screen.width/3;

y = 0;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

P.S.: Either edit the lua file under \DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup or create a new one (copy of the default one), then change the file name and the name inside, in \Saved Games\DCS\Config\MonitorSetup

@Zeus67: try_find_assigned_viewport can use an alternate name, for example:

try_find_assigned_viewport("VTB","RIGHT_MFCD");

will search for "VTB" view port, if it doesn't find it will use RIGHT_MFCD viewport. This allows even more customization, while keeping it generic for users who only define RIGHT_MFCD.

Thanks. I will test and if successful will adopt.

Thanks. I will test and if successful will adopt.

I'm using it right now, my .lua:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 Screen - TEST');
Description = 'One monitor configuration, TEST'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = screen.width;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = screen.aspect;
    }
}

VTB =
{
    x = screen.width/2-256;
    y = 0;
    width  = 512;
    height = 512;
}

And the modified VTB_init.lua (last line):

try_find_assigned_viewport("VTB","RIGHT_MFCD")

To test, add a different "RIGHT_MFCD" viewport, check that "VTB" is still taken in account.

Then, remove the "VTB" viewport and check that the radar display moves to the other viewport. You need to restart DCS or re-select the monitor configuration file in options for the change to take effect.

Edited by PiedDroit

hello guys,

I stumbled in the same issue as you. I previously had modified the Lua myself to get the radar exported on my second display. I also had the view port defined in a "Mirage Radar" rather than the Right MFD itself. After the update the radar export didnt appear to work.

It was only because now you have to enable with a keystroke (Razbam, please revert it back like before :( ). Look for the shortcut in the key assignment and you will find it. The radar export will magically come back.

I attach my 2 LUA files.

Fly safe

VTB_init.lua

ExternalMFD.lua

Yes.

As Zeus67 mentioned it, you need to map a key to VTB Viewport toggle, in the controls, in order to make it visible.

thanks will try

Hope they can be directly exported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

PiedDroit, wish I had read your post earlier...Lol.

I made the changes to my VTB.init lua to match the naming in my monitor lua and it didn't work. I was a bit miffed I must say... until I remembered I had to turn on the viewport after assigning a key which Zues noted in post #8.

Works fine now.

Is this necessary I wonder, having to assign a key for on/off? Since we have to select a monitors option (in options) anyway should it not just export automatically like before depending on your monitor selection?

Just asking, might be a good reason for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

PiedDroit, wish I had read your post earlier...Lol.

I made the changes to my VTB.init lua to match the naming in my monitor lua and it didn't work. I was a bit miffed I must say... until I remembered I had to turn on the viewport after assigning a key which Zues noted in post #8.

Works fine now.

Is this necessary I wonder, having to assign a key for on/off? Since we have to select a monitors option (in options) anyway should it not just export automatically like before depending on your monitor selection?

Just asking, might be a good reason for it.

It works, it's good :thumbup:

Regarding your question, I think it's a very useful feature.

I don't want to have permanently on the screen and I appreciate being able to display it with a button just for a glance.

For people wanting to have it all the time it's bothersome I agree.

An optimal solution would be having an option to activate it on simulation start or not, and retain the toggle button.

This way everyone is happy.

I'd really love to keep that toggle if possible.

It works, it's good :thumbup:

Regarding your question, I think it's a very useful feature.

I don't want to have permanently on the screen and I appreciate being able to display it with a button just for a glance.

For people wanting to have it all the time it's bothersome I agree.

An optimal solution would be having an option to activate it on simulation start or not, and retain the toggle button.

This way everyone is happy.

I'd really love to keep that toggle if possible.

I think the same like you. It is a nice feature but it is bothersome to have it all them time, specially when it is not needed.

The toggle will remain and we will add the activate on simulation start option.

I think the same like you. It is a nice feature but it is bothersome to have it all them time, specially when it is not needed.

The toggle will remain and we will add the activate on simulation start option.

Cool :D

If you missed it, please read this interesting comment from zaelu, and my answer on next page:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161075#10

I think it should have a black background and not be transparent.

Sounds good, thank you Zeus. Although, it's not a big deal I was just curious.

Please don't waste valuable time on implementing "activate on simulation start option" at this point, lots of more important things to look after.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally, I'd perfer an always on option rather than a switch. Currently my RWR export works fine without the toggle switch. I've been able to export other instruments simply by including a line like so at the end of each instrument .lua file using the examples included in Greek's M-2000 Helios Profile:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("Mirage_RWR")

To me it doesn't seem to make much sense to have a switch button for radar but all other exports are "always on". I'd rather have an option to keep them all on all the time as I have a cockpit, but realize others use a second monitor occasionally and would rather be able to switch on and off.

FYI - Don't take that as a criticism, Zeus, and it's not anything I can't work around until you guys get around to implementing an always on option for the radar export. I appreciate RAZBAM's efforts as always. :D

Just to add my input into this topic, I would prefer it remained on by default. I have been using the viewport feature for the VTB and the RWR for some time now and now this has all changed it. :(

As it stands when you perform this kind of setup it commits that monitor to the display (it blacks it out) so I cannot see why I would have this as a toggle-able output when I have already made the commitment of turning it on by modifying the .lua files in order to turn it on in the first place. The fact that I now must also commit a keybind to this functionality only adds more complication than is really needed. Does this also mean there will be a keybind to enable the RWR export? I sincerly hope not.

On a better note I am very thankful for the '+' that has been added to the RWR export. It really helps to evaluate where threats are coming from.

Edited by Maulkin
  • Like 1

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars