[REPORTED] CTD when selecting GBU-12

Flagrum

Same, mentioned here, forum isn't letting me reattach crash logs/dumps here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2652837&postcount=480

It does work sometimes, but less than it crashes.

I also can't get the blasted JTAC to lase even though it's set to designate with laser in the mission editor and he's more than happy to have me use a GBU on a tank

Edited by xaoslaad

I also can't get the blasted JTAC to lase even though it's set to designate with laser in the mission editor and he's more than happy to have me use a GBU on a tank

Please stay on topic. If you want to report another bug, create a new thread for it.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

We are checking.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It seems our laser code fix broke something else.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

and what if it isn't a different bug? Far as we know its the same bug of buddy lazing through jtac or hog that's been present since the begginning and not working right?

might all be correct ... but the thing is, this thread is about DCS crashing when selecting the weapon and not about it not seeing the laser or even a jtac not lasing at all.

Hi !

About that GBU crash, i noticed it occured each time i select the GBU bombs on PCA, evenmore, it happened every time the central pylon (n°5) was loaded.

I only tried with the double slot pylon on n°5, but when i load the 3 and 7, no CTD occured when selecting the GBUs.

Someone should try with the single slot on pylon 5 to confirm if it is pylon related, or the double slot welcoming 2 GBU 12 ...

To resume :

- Pylon 5 loaded with double slot GBU 12 = CTD on selection in PCA

- Pylons 3, 7, and 5 with double slot GBU 12 = CTD on selection

- Pylons 3 and 7 loaded with GBU 12 = NO CTD on selection

Me and my friends are really excited having this feature on Mirage to set coops with A10C, so if you can fix it quick ... you'll have our eternal gratitude ^^

"Clear to startup ... Contact ..."

Geoffrey Wellum - First Light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can somebody test with gbu12 single bomb loaded in pylon 5?

No, like someone else already said, it is about 50:50 chance that the crash occurs - independently of which pylon is used.

In my initial bug report I was already using only pylons 3 and 7. Now I tried it again ... and CTD again. Then I removed the fuel tank from #5 - and it WORKED. But only once - when I tried to repeat it, it crashed again ... :o(

I am getting CTD no matter where I load the GBU 12s or in which combination. Please fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

It seems our laser code fix broke something else.

Don't get me wrong, the mirage is freaking awesome and I commend you guys for the long list of fixes released today, but how is it that you can release an update for a module and have very obvious and experience-degrading bugs still present?

E.g, afterburner texture fault that now appears at idle and this GBU 12 CTD bug.....before you push it out the door don't you run it at least one more time to make sure it works???

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!