Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah !!!

More and more screen glaces/ virtual reality helmet begin to appear, more the time pass, more the resolution become close to HD regular screen and more the price are low for the same quality, i'm sure the future of gaming and simulation (before another revolution who will coming in 10 year max) but also movie its this kind of virtual reality helmet !!!

@Aries, the price its really expensive, when we have a huge price for this kind of helmet you have great chance to have a HOTAS like the Warthog or other advanced capable to make the keyboard useless, same thing for the mouse, i have the Logitech G700 and with HOTAS Warthog and i only need the keyboard for communication menu, every function for DCS its programmed into my 9 buttons, including recentering Track IR, and two thing can be done, change the files for make a clickable radio menu, and the other its to use a vocal command system who can completely replace the full keyboard, tou just have to know where is your joystick or our HOTAS and your mouse and the problem its gone, no more problems from the keyboard, you can even create a simplified simpit (rudder, mouse in a simple box at your right, throttle at a simple box at your left and a simple support for the joystick between your legs or at your right like the F-16.

Simpit + vocal command its just perfect for this virtual reality helmet !

I use Oculus and use Voicebot, for com menus, its free and works like a charm...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

Razer is suppose to go on 50% stale tomorrow (see the thread I posted). But has anyone used this: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver-chroma

I'm thinking of making it the A10 UHC or for general build out of HOTAS.

I use Logitec G13, it works great with my Oculus...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

I've tried searching but I couldn't find out how to change the default view when using the rift?

I'm setting to low in the plane and can't even properly look through the gun sight in my P51. :(

Is there any way to change this?

press number 5 on the num pad

attachment.php?attachmentid=132992&d=1452970928

[ATTACH]132992[/ATTACH]

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

While this works fine when not using the Rift it doesn't work and seems to be a bug as I found out in another thread. :(

It works from the keyboard but not when mapped to a joystick button.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Use SVMapper to remap Num+5 to a Joystick/Button - I think I should update my signature for this!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

the keyboard issue is a real point, thats right, but i think specialy for DCS not a very big one, because you have a full clickable cockpit <3DCS

also you can combined that >PERHAPES< with leapmotion (http://leapmotion.com.

I think thats a great thing for people that dont have the skill/room for a own build flightpit with multi monitor or projector setup.

Also i think the Oculus Rift will have a great future and it would be great if EagleDynamic take a look on it and will give us a lil feedback what they will think about it.

At least that thing is in a early state, the developer kits will be ready in december and the consumer version perhapes Q4 2013 <- but thats only my personal speculations

oh my, i was so wrong with the last part :<

Will DCS work with Rift in March?

Is there any indication if ED have received the 1.0 SDK and runtime? It has been released to launch titles already so I'm curious to know if that includes DCS. There are new features which will improve performance such as asynchronous timewarp which are not in the current runtime. These will take some work and time to implement. I really hope I don't end up with a rift in early April only to find out it won't work out of the box with DCS!

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Nice video Pete, a few comments regarding DCS + Rift:

1- Keypad 5 re-centers view

2- We now have DCS 1.5/2.0 working great in the CV Rift with 1.0 RC runtime. Night and day compared to DK2 with 0.8.

3- The big item we are now working on is better mouse interaction with the cockpit while in VR.

4- For Rift CV you will ideally want 90 FPS; however, we have "timewarp" working great now. So, even at less than 90 FPS, the experience is very smooth

Matt,s comments on Froggle Vblog

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

2- We now have DCS 1.5/2.0 working great in the CV Rift with 1.0 RC runtime. Night and day compared to DK2 with 0.8.

3- The big item we are now working on is better mouse interaction with the cockpit while in VR.

4- For Rift CV you will ideally want 90 FPS; however, we have "timewarp" working great now. So, even at less than 90 FPS, the experience is very smooth

SWEET

/R

Daniel

Wow these few sentences made my day. Cant wait!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Wasy ordered my CV1 last week and I too was happy to see ED is in possession of the hardware and softwear and working on making it work with DCS World 2:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

That's great news. So on Titan X, you can achieve 90FPS? Am I reading that right, or does the test system have a different spec? And I'm really glad timewarp is working now. Fantastic news.

As for the video, this is something the 3 monitor or 4K 55" folks will not understand. The immersion factor just has to be experienced.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

hansangb

The comments were made by Matt Wagner on Froggles VBLOG I don't know what Matt has for computer specs. I have a Titan X 5 GB card but do not have a Rift so you may be misunderstanding. I do get 120 plus FPS on World 2

i just want to say a big thank you to MATT WAGNER for validating everything i have done with the last 7 years (control hardware building). i remember my first time getting Lockon to work on triple screen. it was cool to look at, but i couldnt get immersed into the setup where even on a descent system, i had to turn everything on low-med to get descent frame rates. using the hat switch for view control was lame, and as much as i tried trackIR, it was un-natural for me, let alone having this annoying IR clip attached. it was a waiting game when the A10C was announced, as i drooled over the detail systems.

But then came along the oculus rift. which from the first kickstarter concept was introduced, i felt it would be something and believed it will be a viable means over a cave-like system.

DCS continues to evolve with the recently vamp graphics engine to bring good performance to computers of this day.

i cant wait to play DCS on CV1, along with the continued optimzation of both DCS, windows, and graphics drivers, and the oculus runtimes.

great days are coming.

i think the fully develop multi-seat features / implementation will be the next big milestone ( and the CV1 release of course)

i one day like to fulfill a dream of running DCS tandem seat attack helo, with my custom controller hardware and chairs with multiseat functional with my friend as the co-pilot gunner wearing oculus rifts in a mutliplayer server to fly with other multiseat online players... :D

thanks Matt, keep the good news coming!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

hansangb

The comments were made by Matt Wagner on Froggles VBLOG I don't know what Matt has for computer specs. I have a Titan X 5 GB card but do not have a Rift so you may be misunderstanding. I do get 120 plus FPS on World 2

Ah...I missed that part. Got it...thanks.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

That is by far the best news ever with dcs world I'm so happy they are taking Vr serious as its so amazing even with crap screen dk2. It being a night day difference with cv1 has totally reassured my cv1 purchase!! Awesome times and hurry up April!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Wonder how far away a runtime for SDK 1.0 is? I've been running DK2/DCS 2.0 for a couple of weeks now and have been absolutely amazed. For the most part I get relatively little judder, and it's only really bad when I use the huey, mi8 & mig 21 and if I fly downtown in nevada. I'm running a 6700k @ 4.5ghz & 2x 980tis..

I hope that sdk 1.0 runtime isn't too far away as asynchronous timewarp would be simply awesome..

I use a g940 & a logitech touchpad.. for the most part it's pretty good, as the touchpad is very intuitive to use in VR..

72QI8JT.jpg?1

I hope that the solution for the mouse, it's that I mentioned a few years ago, or something better :music_whistling:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112641

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I'm so happy to hear that timewarp is coming. Since finishing overclocking my current settings which allow smooth judder free flight over downtown Vegas in Rift equate to 200 to 220fps on the desktop (single monitor 1080p). With timewarp it may mean I won't have to turn down settings for CV1 with its higher res and higher refresh rate. This along with further graphics optimizations may see a target desktop framerate of 180fps resulting in smooth VR performance rather than the current 220fps.

I hope they can further optimize shadows as that is the one thing missing in the VR environment for me. I can't run with them on due to judder.