DCS 1.5 Command Line Arguments

Hello fellow hosters

I am thinking about creating a program to automatically handle my server.

For this, I need to be able to launch the server with a command line.

I got his one:

@start bin\dcs.exe --net-mode server "C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\OpenConflict Khashuri Redone\OpenConflict Khashuri - v2.7 RELEASE.miz"

In 1.2, this command line would host my map in server mode BUT the game would ask for a login.

In 1.5, auto-login was added so I thought this would work BUT this launches my map in single player.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this?

Does 1.5 come with new secret command line argument?

Thanks!

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

i dont think the net-mode argument is valid anymore.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

As far as I'm aware it's impossible to completely start a net server in cmd line without some UI interaction. That's why I created this script to re-start our servers when they crashed:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114361

You could you autohotkey as detailed in the thread to carry out the UI interaction.

Yea I saw this thread.

However, now that we have a new dcs version, I am first checking for simpler methods.

Since the only thing that prevented a 1.2 server to be launched thru command line was the auto-login and since 1.5 now HAS auto-login, I thought it could work.

Also, more than launching the server, I want to monitor it and check for freezes or crashes.

A command line would make it so easy to have the DCS server launched by my monitoring parent program as a child process.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I recognize that post. I was able to modify it for us on 1.5. Just changed the clickable coordinates for Auto Hotkey. Works great.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Also, more than launching the server, I want to monitor it and check for freezes or crashes.

The script in that post does track when DCS crashes to a LOG file.

I also had to do a registry tweak to allow the script to restart DCS by disabling the Windows Error Reporting UI. That's the pop-up window that says DCS has crashed:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontShowUI"=dword:00000001

Also, if you want to restart your game every "X" hours, just set up a task in Task Scheduler to kill DCS.exe every "X" hours. The Auto Hotkey script starts it back up.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

The script in that post does track when DCS crashes to a LOG file.

I also had to do a registry tweak to allow the script to restart DCS by disabling the Windows Error Reporting UI. That's the pop-up window that says DCS has crashed:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontShowUI"=dword:00000001

Also, if you want to restart your game every "X" hours, just set up a task in Task Scheduler to kill DCS.exe every "X" hours. The Auto Hotkey script starts it back up.

Ah ok, thanks for the additional infos.

Do you also have the freezes? When the server don't crash but just load up you RAM to your system limit and will freeze up?

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Do you also have the freezes? When the server don't crash but just load up you RAM to your system limit and will freeze up?

What I said above includes that. If you get the message that DCS has stopped working, you can use that registry I listed. That will keep the crash window from coming up and DCS.exe will stop. Then the auto hotkey script restarts it and logs the crash.

Also, I have not seen any command line switches for DCS 1.5/2.0 that will allow you to start via command.

Steve (Slick)

What I said above includes that. If you get the message that DCS has stopped working, you can use that registry I listed. That will keep the crash window from coming up and DCS.exe will stop. Then the auto hotkey script restarts it and logs the crash.

Also, I have not seen any command line switches for DCS 1.5/2.0 that will allow you to start via command.

Well, sometimes, on 1.2 server, I had freezes without the 'DCS has stopped working' popup but not yet with the 1.5 so maybe that's not a thing anymore.

I appreciate you guys help.

All this will make my server hosting way easier :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread