LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.1

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, I solved a problem from rc3, even if you launch DCS as client, LotAtc server was running causing some troubles. It is fixed.

Thanks to the new API, LotAtc is also running in solo mission now!

Finally, LotAtc rc4 works on DCS 2.0 Nevada (no relief data yet, it will come soon).

I hope to deliver the rc4 before the end of this week !

I hope to deliver the rc4 before the end of this week !

Great news! We are planning a large event on Sunday as usual, and I hope we can use the rc4 version for that event!

• Like 1

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Hi DArt,

Last night we noticed that one A10 and three KA50 (3rd wing) were not showing up in LOTATC. All other flights were picked up immediately after take-off but these flights were not. They were shoing on the F10 map in DCS. The A10 didn't show its name in DCS F10 map but once clicked, the information window in DCS at the bottom-left showed the relevant aircraft information.

We'll keep monitoring the situation and when it happen again, I'll make some screenshots.

If you need some kind of log file, please let me know and I'd be happy to forward it to you.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks for reporting, the next rc4 has a total rewrite of the lua glue thanks to the new DCS API:

DCS <- lua glue -> LotAtc Server

With rc4, all units are now detected dynamically (and not read from mission file), it is a big changes but it should fix ( I hope ) some troubles with ghost contacts or scripted units.

So, it could add some new bugs :) But it is better way !

Ooh this seems very interesting, cannot wait to try her out!

Thanks for reporting, the next rc4 has a total rewrite of the lua glue thanks to the new DCS API:

With rc4, all units are now detected dynamically (and not read from mission file), it is a big changes but it should fix ( I hope ) some troubles with ghost contacts or scripted units.

So, it could add some new bugs :) But it is better way !

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

RC4 out, thanks for the 132nd test! :)

• Client
    • General
      • Fix crash when new controller joins
      • Fix documentation/news

[*]NEVADA support

• Add first draft of the map (not finished)
      • Switch automatically following mission theatre

[*]Update translations (not yet finished)

[*]BugFixes

• Server
    • Lua glue ( DCS ← Lua glue → LotAtc Server)
      • Nevada support
      • Units are now dynamically managed
      • Big increase of overall performances by using new DCS API (Thanks ED)
      • Airport coalition changed are reflected on client (not yet for radar but will come in next version)
      • Add db/airports.lua file to customise the displayed frequencies on client
      • Fix chat (coalition chat not yet working well)

[*]Stabilisation and various fixes

[*]Can install LotAtc Server on OpenBeta and OpenAlpha

Download + full post:

https://www.lotatc.com/news/58

Re: LotAtc and Slmod

For SLmod and LotAtc 4 DCS server to work together, you only need a quick file edit after having installed both:

Using Notepad++, (not the default Windows Notepad), copy lines 185 to 206 from the Scripts/net/server.lua file included with Slmod (BTW: you don’t need to paste this file in the DCS World installation directory if you use LotAtc 4 DCS server too, but if you did it’s not a problem), and paste just those lines onto the end of your \Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\net\server.lua file (this file is installed by LotAtc 4 DCS server) then save it.

I am not finding a "server.lua" file included with the Slmod files (Slmod 7.5). Will this work with 7.5?

-dabomb

Edited by dabomb

It's been up for a few hours now and already I can see its smoother, less CPU at both sides. WIll be doign some nice pvp player testing tonight to give it a more rounded test, but I am confident we have a quality build!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Re: LotAtc and Slmod

I am not finding a "server.lua" file included with the Slmod files (Slmod 7.5). Will this work with 7.5?

-dabomb

With DCS 1.5, integration of different modules has changed. Theses instructions are no more valid.

I have not yet tested, but it should work out of box by installing the two mods in parallel (without editing). We have worked with ED to enhanced the mods compatibility.

I have planned to test SlMod this week with LotAtc to verify that.

With DCS 1.5, integration of different modules has changed. Theses instructions are no more valid.

I have not yet tested, but it should work out of box by installing the two mods in parallel (without editing). We have worked with ED to enhanced the mods compatibility.

I have planned to test SlMod this week with LotAtc to verify that.

Apparently you can run LotAtc or Slmod, but not both right now. Installing LotAtc rc4 server breaks Slmod 7.5. At least it does on my 2.0 server. Let me know what you find with your testing.

RC4 out, thanks for the 132nd test! :)

Works very good indeed!

Yesterdays mission/test had:

4x AWACS/ATC controller using LotATC

2x JTAC's

3x UH-1

5x KA-50

10x A-10C

LotATC was stable for the entire event that lasted about 5 hours.

hzl0O4i.png

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel