Mirage F1

Iberian

Of the export variants,

Moroccan F1's saw the most heavy combat usage after the Iraqi F1's.

With Libya next in line, most probably.

Only 4 export variants are "real" 2nd Generation F1's (original, non-updated) with digital Nav/Attack System :

F1EH

F1EDA

F1EJ

F1EQ (inclusive the EQ4, 5 and 6)

All others are generally F1C with an inertial navigation system. Their cockpits

generally have a similar configuration like a F1C, the main difference is the INS panel on the right-hand console.

Dassault regarded all F1's with INS as Multi-Role.

Short nose / long nose

Early F1C without IFR capability have the "short nose" , i.e. the "normal" fuselage length.

The F1C-200 and all other variants with IFR capability have the forward end of the fuselage re-constructed and

lengthened by 8 cm. There was no "plug", as it is so often mentioned in literature.

There are three variants without IFR capability but which have the lengthened fuselage :

F1CK-2

F1EDA

F1JA

~

Mirage F1CR or riot

well its most likley gonna be one of the variants used by spain.

so either F1CE (spanish designation for F1C)

F1 EE (spanish F1E)

Or the later and more capable F1M (upgrade program made in the 1990s upgrading most of the Spanish F1Cs and F1Es to F1M standard with new radar cockpit MFDs a new hud and a large number of other improvements)

Edited by mattebubben

Yeah, French versions of this plane will be awesome, CR version will be great !

+1000 To you two

He would be disrespectful, of make a plane without the version of the manufacturer country ...

Edited by terence44

Regarding the version to be developed, we are studying the different options we have, based in terms of info available for us. In Spanish Air Force, 3 different versions were in service before they went to the big upgrade for the F1 fleet to the M version, were the rest of the fleet remaining in service was normalized to the M.

Before Mirage F1M we had:

Mirage F1CE: C version, coming up to 3 different tranches, in each tranche, the F1 was receiving different upgrades. Also in each tranche, instruments could be found moved to different places, making the job for pilots a little bit more difficult.

Mirage F1EE: E version, came straight from the tranche 3. EE had INS system (same as INS installed on Super Etendard), Chaff and flares system integrated, ECM capabilities, refueling probe, among another small upgrades.

Tranche 3 of CE also came with ECM capabilities throgh the Barax pod, chaff and flares inegrated ALE-40.

Both CE and EE, later on received new modern RWR ALR-300, replacing the old original BF.

Mirage F1EDA: E version ex-Qatar F1's, with cockpit distribution similar to Iraq F1EQ, having INS system, but not the same as EE, Super Matra 530 capabilities, no tacan, no chaff/flares integrated, no ECM capabilities (Not being possible to use pods available in Spanish Air Force), new HUD VE-120, among other differences.

Right now, this versions are the options we have on the table to evaluate which one should be more interesting, and EE is a real candidate, we love the way the cockpit is designed, and the functionality. We believe it could be a very interesting aircraft to develop and to fly it as well.

CR/CT, and EQ, could be also interesting options, but lot of information is required to develop an aircraft, and our info in those versions is very limited. If we were lucky we could get the flight manual, but that is not enough. We need lot of documentation, photos, videos, contact with former pilots, maintenance pople, simulator access. As much as we can get of this, the better will be the final result, and for us, it will be more easy to get on spanish versions, basically there is no other reason. CT, CZ, AZ, CR, EQ, EH would be interesting, but not more than a proper CE/EE/EDA, with the proper info to do a nice job. And take in count at the end is a french aircraft, even 90% of the cockpit was remain in french labels during the service, and manual were never translated into spanish, forcing pilots and maitenance people, to study the original language to be able to learn the aircraft.:D

All this post, could be applied to the C-101 project, and why was choosen.

Edited by JuanOscar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope u do F1EE.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

French cockpit!

I see F1E or F1C.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Excellent! Day one buy ! Looks similar to the c version (couldn't find a photo from an - e in the net). The position of the vertical speed indicator looks strange, in most photos it is in the place of the mach indicator (below the speed indicator) instead above the rpm indicator. This seems more efficient for the instrument scan. But i'm sure AVIODEV has their own sources! Good job!

Edited by jaguara5

I have the impression that ya some words of the cockpit in French.

+1 some word are in french and some in english.

Seems the Forward Visibility is a bit limited =P.

But yea im very interested in this aircraft =) and im very hyped to follow its progress.

Only problem right now is there are so many Modules on the way that i want that i might have to rob a bank or something lookaround.gif

I make room for hornet , F1 , f14 and hormuz.