DCS: F-5E!

Python

Not sure about that. Probably the PFM have better maneuverability than the Bis version. The 7th extra internal fuel tank added to the MF/Bis was a new challenge for the engineers because the weigh.

Point is, it's a lot more work than just editing the existing Bis flight model to get an accurate representation.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3d model is what I assumed, I even read it that way until you pointed out the mistake. Regardless, I'm glad to hear we will be getting an F-5E with an RWR. Still waiting on word about it being a regular production model, though, as opposed to the spare parts and duct tape models the US always used.:P

Judging from the inclusion of the RWR and some of the features seen on the external model ('shark' nose and enlarged leading edge extensions) I think we're talking about a very late F-5E. I'm guessing we'll see something similar to the Swiss Air Force variant but minus the radar upgrade to the Emerson APG-69 probably. I doubt we'll get a radar with air to ground modes or look down capability, although I would love to see it happen!

What i want to say to Belsimtek is dont look back to the Mig-21 and do the last model of F-5E possible. I dont care if it rape Mig-21 all I care is to have the most capable F-5E possible.

• Like 1

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I doubt we'll get a radar with air to ground modes or look down capability, although I would love to see it happen!

You're probably right, I looked around back in April and couldn't find any evidence that the APG-69 upgrade ever happened for US F-5s. It was mentioned on many website, but no comment on dates of the upgrades or numbers. Also, all US documentation is for the AN/APQ-159, including the newer F-5N.

It might be that there were hopes to upgrade to the APG-69 (after it was developed for the F-20), but it never actually came to fruition.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

What i want to say to Belsimtek is dont look back to the Mig-21 and do the last model of F-5E possible. I dont care if it rape Mig-21 all I care is to have the most capable F-5E possible.

I care. The main reason I and many others want the F-5E is to have a direct western opponent for the MiG-21Bis. That said, I don't think much was done to them in the 70's and 80's other than the addition of a basic RWR and the ability to shoot early mavericks. And that's exactly what I want. Weapons can be restricted in the mission editor but we can't swap radars or add an RWR.

we can't swap radars or add an RWR.

I imagine we could, but the module might end up more expensive and with a longer development time.

Anyway, no reason why we can't have two F-5's, or anything else. If we get an older F-5, that doesn't mean we can't get a modern one later.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I care. The main reason I and many others want the F-5E is to have a direct western opponent for the MiG-21Bis. That said, I don't think much was done to them in the 70's and 80's other than the addition of a basic RWR and the ability to shoot early mavericks. And that's exactly what I want. Weapons can be restricted in the mission editor but we can't swap radars or add an RWR.

If so I hope its comes with better HUD.

Any pic oF the HUD?

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

So you guys want a mini F-15? Cause As I see BST plans for a non updated F-5, so no AMRAAMS, no HUD...

Ok I see.

I like the look of the flap systm for the F-5. A three way toggle on the left of the throttle for UP/THUMBSWITCH/DOWN (where the up and down positions override the thumbswitch and the middle position transfers control to it) and a thumbswitch on the throttle body for UP/CRUISE/MANOEUVRE modes.

Is better. The F-4, F-105 and A-7 had RWR, so is better the F-5 have it too

It's not a matter of what else had. F-5E-3 is the model you want to check.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

By my side, something similar to the Mig-21Bis. This is enough to have fun with balanced performance. I personally have not clue about the F-5E-3 upgrade. Going to Google now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cannot find anything about it, unless is the Chilean update. Can you please tell us the user country of the plane you guys are modelling?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Cannot find anything about it, unless is the Chilean update. Can you please tell us the user country of the plane you guys are modelling?

US used aircraft with APQ-159 radar, autoflaps, no air refueling, no ILS, no Mavs.

Edited by ФрогФут

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

US used aircraft with APQ-159 radar, autoflaps, no air refueling, no ILS, no Mavs.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good plan to me. Looking forward to it as it will be lots of fun!

And I suppose it will have this cockpit, with RWR, and simple gunsight on the HUD.

f5_cockpitcjerome_zbinden_zpspqnffr4y.jpg

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

is this official or just speculations?

That it will be a E-3 in the US service config?

And is it known wich of the APQ-159 models it is?

There are 4 initial variants and one later variant of the APQ-159.

2 maverick compatible and 2 non maverick compatible.

the APQ-159-1 and 159-2 where AGM-65 compatible with the 1 being for single seat (F-5E) and the 2 being for 2 seat (F-5F) having 2 displays (one for each "seat" )

The APQ-159-3 and 159-4 where the same radar but not being AGM-65 compatible (Difference was more the radar Display then the radar itself)

with the 3 being Single seat and 4 being twin seat.

there where 2 later models such as APQ-159-5 and APQ-159-7 who where slight upgrades preformance wise but where alot easier to maintain and where even more reliable.

Edited by mattebubben

No mavs. So...

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If anyone can point to the docs on how the mavs work on F-5 with APQ-151 1 or 2, than it is a matter of discussion. Currently there is 0 info on it's operation.

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.