DCS-SimpleRadio

Ciribob

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi we are testing your plugin.. thanks for the effort!

Our squad have had issues with old TARS and ARES. so a simple to install and stable plugin makes everything great!

I have 2 questions...

We cant change the radio from de VHF AM...

not with TS hotkeys assigned to TM hotas mic switch or directly using the radio pop up, I tried clicking the orange botton, but doesnt activate. The only green is VHF AM. and we are not able to change it no matter what

Also.. we would like to get a simulated static in our voices, maybe even a ptt sound. Any chance to get this option in the future?

I'm looking at putting some simulated static in but it wont be for a while. Much to learn to do that!

However, you can install the Crosstalk plugin which'll give you radio effects and is compatible with DCS-SR http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/miscellaneous/CrossTalk.html

For the PTT, there is actually one already built into TS although its not very loud. Settings->Playback and then click Own "client plays mic clicks"

Same question as Gaanalma - Which aircraft where you not able to change frequency or set the active radio? If its the A10c you have to use the selector wheel at the back of the aircraft - as shown here:

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Update, it says the radio info panel will only show in Window mode.. so I guess that answers my question...

will this radio mod work in full screen, or just Window mode? thanx

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Update, it says the radio info panel will only show in Window mode.. so I guess that answers my question...

will this radio mod work in full screen, or just Window mode? thanx

Yup the status screen won't be visible if your dcs is in full screen mode.

However you can still the radio system as the status screen isn't required, you'll just have to use the hot keys in fc3 aircraft to change frequencies or radios.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New version v.1.2.0

Change log:

• Support for Guard Mode on UH-1/A10C/F-86/Mi-8/KA-50
  • Optional basic radio effects. Config - TS3 Window -> Plugins ->DCS-SimpleRadio ->Enable Disable Radio FX
  • Updated installer
  • Resizeable Radio Status Overlay
  • Removed Overlay transparency - Use the TS3 hotkey for showing / hiding instead

The radio effects are experimental so let me know what your thoughts are!

The Guard frequency for UHF is 243MHz and 121.5MHz for VHF. If you're receiving audio over a guard frequency the radio text will go red and if your radio is in Guard Mode, a G will be shown after the frequency

To update to the latest version just run the bundled installer and make sure TeamSpeak isn't running

Link: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadio

Downloads: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadio/releases/latest

Please note: In multiplayer, as the L-39C is in beta, the rear instructor seat must set their radio control switch forward to on, otherwise DCS-SR won't pick up the current channel.

Edited by Ciribob

It seems to be a bug with guard channel and radios.

In the A-10C in MP we could hear each other only by increasing the volume of UHF radio, even with all radios (FM, UHF and AM) turned OFF. Radio text was RED.

We didnt find any way to turn Off guard channel from inside the A-10C cockpit.

Turning the intercom switch didnt have any effect on comms either.

Great mode, hope we can use it soon.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Thanks for reporting guys! I'll fix tonight.

Hopefully shouldnt be too hard to track down.

Sorry for the bug!

No problem here with a IA unit using Guard frequency and an A-10C. When UHF set to guard, you can hear the signal. UHF set to preset or Manual, Guard goes off.

There is a bug with the UHF selector in "both" for the A-10C I think but not related with the DCS-SR

And in 1.5 there is a reported bug about the custom frequencies. Only the server can hear the custom frequencies.

Edited by Tarres

New version v.1.2.1

Change log:

• Bug Fix for Guard Mode on UH-1/A10C/F-86/Mi-8/KA-50
  • Bug Fix for FC3 VHF

The Guard frequency for UHF is 243MHz and 121.5MHz for VHF. If you're receiving audio over a guard frequency the radio text will go red and if your radio is in Guard Mode, a G will be shown after the frequency

A10C - UHF Mode must be set to BOTH to listen on the Guard Frequency as your normal radio frequency

UH1 / Sabre - UHF Mode must be set to T/R +G to listen on the Guard Frequency as well as your normal radio frequency

To update to the latest version just run the bundled installer and make sure TeamSpeak isn't running

Let me know if you spot any more issues and thanks for reporting so promptly! :)

Please note: In multiplayer, as the L-39C is in beta, the rear instructor seat must set their radio control switch forward to on, otherwise DCS-SR won't pick up the current channel.

Edited by Ciribob

The "both" selector doesn´t work in the A-10C but is a bug in the module not in the DCS-SR.

This weekend we will test it.

No worries, it works in Dcs-SimpleRadio even if it doesn't work for AI radio transmissions in game :)

Hi thanks for the updates!

A couple of guys in our Squad have issues with the "Radio FX"

They Cant Enable the feature.

they click the "enable radio FX" but they cant activate it, the "disable radio FX" keeps grayed out, no matter what.

One was using and Old TS version and updated to the latest 3.0.18.2

the other was using the newest.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Hi thanks for the updates!

A couple of guys in our Squad have issues with the "Radio FX"

They Cant Enable the feature.

they click the "enable radio FX" but they cant activate it, the "disable radio FX" keeps grayed out, no matter what.

One was using and Old TS version and updated to the latest 3.0.18.2

the other was using the newest.

Thanks Alfredo for the report. I'll try to have a look this weekend.

In the meantime, would you mind asking your squad mates to try extracting the zip and copying the attached file below to: "C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client"

The file contains the text below:

[uDP]
unicast=0
[FILTERS]
filter=1

If filters is changed to filter=0 then the Radio FX will be disabled.

SimpleRadioIni.zip

New version v.1.2.2

Change log:

• More menu items in TS3
  • Improved side menu information in TS3

The new TS3 sidebar information will now give you:

• List of active radio frequencies
  • Mark the currently selected broadcasting radio (if there is one) in bold
  • Indicate if the user has no currently powered radios
  • Indicate if they're listening on the guard channel with +G

To update to the latest version just run the bundled installer and make sure TeamSpeak isn't running.

Please let me know if you spot any issues! :)

1945671113_TS3Sidebar-ka50.JPG.caa5fadbd09ca7dca6f05b6cbcd8acb9.JPG

65536711_TS3Sidebar-UH1.JPG.cecab17e9a6aab269784a75f9a1bde63.JPG

1082435030_improvedmenu.JPG.370e057b14898ff8740e5771b0e8ad84.JPG

Hi, I've just tested your new version and found two very little bugs:

- You cannot disable Radio FX (menu is grayed all the time).

- It always displays "Plugin: Enabled" in green whether it is enabled or not (Enabling DCS-SimpleRadio / Disabling DCS-SimpleRadio messages are correct).

In my first trials with Ka-50 I didn't detect any fail and it is working as expected. Great job!

Hi, I've just tested your new version and found two very little bugs:

- You cannot disable Radio FX (menu is grayed all the time).

- It always displays "Plugin: Enabled" in green whether it is enabled or not (Enabling DCS-SimpleRadio / Disabling DCS-SimpleRadio messages are correct).

In my first trials with Ka-50 I didn't detect any fail and it is working as expected. Great job!

Thanks Splash!

I can't replicate either of those things though in my quick test but I'll have a better look on the weekend :)

1075131063_DisableTest.thumb.JPG.102637d97a0ce7b61313d3c73cd8ae42.JPG

267430669_DisabledFX.thumb.JPG.5c342f4a61d12c896088721923fc08d2.JPG

28691101_EnabledFX.thumb.JPG.38205899e87b14bab85128aa3427b276.JPG

Thanks Alfredo for the report. I'll try to have a look this weekend.

In the meantime, would you mind asking your squad mates to try extracting the zip and copying the attached file below to: "C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client"

The file contains the text below:

[uDP]
unicast=0
[FILTERS]
filter=1

If filters is changed to filter=0 then the Radio FX will be disabled.

Hi, sorry for the late report.

Today we are trying to make it work for our two pilots having this issue.

After they install Simple Radio

No simpleradio.ini is created

and they are not able to click on the "Enable RadioFX"

So we downloaded the simpleradio.ini that you gave us.

Still doesnt work, no audio FX

tried with this

[uDP]

unicast=0

[FILTERS]

filter=1

and just with this

[FILTERS]

filter=1

But dont work.

Just FYI all other features are working.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Hi, sorry for the late report.

Today we are trying to make it work for our two pilots having this issue.

After they install Simple Radio

No simpleradio.ini is created

and they are not able to click on the "Enable RadioFX"

So we downloaded the simpleradio.ini that you gave us.

Still doesnt work, no audio FX

tried with this

[uDP]

unicast=0

[FILTERS]

filter=1

and just with this

[FILTERS]

filter=1

But dont work.

Just FYI all other features are working.

Thanks for the report!

Splash and Alfredo_Laredo, do you know what windows they're on?

I can do a quick release tonight that'll removing saving the preference for Radio FX which'll fix it but will mean you need to turn it on when teamspeak starts until a find a better solution.

Hi, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 version.

Please, let me ask you a question, have you got Mi-8? You have an AM/FM switch to select with modulation is the R-863 radio working on. In simpleradioinit.lua that radio is always in AM mode:

_data.radios[1].modulation = 0

I was looking in clickabledata.lua for the switch code and try to read the position with Witchcraft, in order to introduce in the modulation field a "0" for AM or "1" for FM, but I didn't work. Despite it is a 2-position switch is not returning 0 or 1. Maybe you can have a look.

Thanks again.

Im on windows 10 so I wonder if the preferences only work on that and possibly windows 8.1

Splash, could you send me a screenshot showing which switch on the radio is the FM/am one? Shouldnt be too hard to track down in the clickabledata.lua

Thanks! :)

Im on windows 10 so I wonder if the preferences only work on that and possibly windows 8.1

Splash, could you send me a screenshot showing which switch on the radio is the FM/am one? Shouldnt be too hard to track down in the clickabledata.lua

Thanks! :)

Sure! Please, find it below:

2pzfpqc.png

and the line in clickabledata.lua is this one:

elements["PTR-LPE-TMB-COMAND"] = default_2_position_tumb(_("R-863, Modulation Switch, FM/AM"), devices.R_863, device_commands.Button_1, 369)

Edited by splash

New version v.1.2.3

Change log:

• Bug fix for Radio FX Enable/Disable in Windows 7/8
  • Added FM/AM Switch to Mi-8 - R-863

Thanks again guys for all the reports and the help!!! Hopefully the Radio FX should work fine on Windows 7 / 8 now.

Please let me know if you spot any issues! :)

mi8-fm.JPG.b8ff02bda6b46e07b265335dd1b9aa80.JPG