The F-35 Thread

Groove

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advanced EOTS being planned for F-35 upgrade (block 4)

http://www.airrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2047

It's quite telling that simply strapping this single thing on one of the 4.5 gen fighters that are supposed to be "a perfect match for if not better than F-35" would effectively double their combat potential :music_whistling:

Lol, my take away from what Bluto said is that the F-35 is no where near as capable as the A-10 in the CAS without him actually coming out and saying it!

I'm not a fan of the F-35, but what are you smoking. He said that the plane doesn't have the full software uploads. But it will by 2021. That it gathers all the situational information faster that any other aircraft. The plane is in operational testing, I'm sure the A-10 wasn't up to pare when it was in operational testing phase. Like he said collect all the facts before making stupid comments.

• Like 1

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks badboom! Nice vid! That IS a beautiful bird. What I wouldn't give to be an AT or AE on the deck working with it.. or better yet a pilot flying it off the deck. It's going to be just like the F-14.. people will bash the hell out of it.. until it's in it's first action where it cleans up OPFOR that is. Then everyone's going to have a poster.. and Tom Cruise's grandson will be flying it in a Top Gun remake LOL

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

the left wing seemed to lean into the left dangerously on some of those landing.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks badboom! Nice vid! That IS a beautiful bird. What I wouldn't give to be an AT or AE on the deck working with it.. or better yet a pilot flying it off the deck. It's going to be just like the F-14.. people will bash the hell out of it.. until it's in it's first action where it cleans up OPFOR that is. Then everyone's going to have a poster.. and Tom Cruise's grandson will be flying it in a Top Gun remake LOL

! She's a beautiful machine

Wouldn't a Top Gun remake be boring as hell with today's technology?

This would effect 1% of the possible F-35 pilots.....everyone else would be an average sized or larger human of 160lbs or more. The helmet would make all the pilots have thick fullback necks so it shouldn't be as big an issue as is being made of it.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk