Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate RED 373vFS_Crash for the software that has most uptime on my PC this last month (and his gentle voice that I like hearing in late night hours... hahaha).

From the BLUE side I nominate 104th_Maverick, for always being there when I least wanted him to be there... :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I nominate pikey for his dedication to teamplaying which has meant he spent 99% of the time as AWACS has been promoting communication between teams and is always jumping between channels.

Other BLUFOR players that have impressed me are Smudge and Beamrider. Both incredibly professional and friendly. I think smudge earns the award for the most bases cleared single-handedly in his KA-50!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Thanks to the organizer, arrived late into the campaign (about 5 days ago) and learned how to properly SEAD/CAS/LAND( :music_whistling: ) with my SU-25T here.

Grats to the BLU team, was nice to be part of the push late yesterday night.

Can't wait for round 3 :thumbup:

Edited by Esper

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

First and foremost I want to thank you guys for hosting and organizing such a great multiplayer event. I've been flying DCS on and off for the last 3 years and this was arguably the most fun I've had in DCS multiplayer so far!

As I've been fighting for REDFOR (without registration, will definitely register for next round :thumbup:) I would like to vote for =238.lbae=Gruja since he's done a hell of a job coordinating the players.

Cheers!

For Blue MVP, I nominate Apo.

He put that orange light on and worked to be a liaison to the 104th, he spend hours as a ground commander and even longer in helos hauling those troops.

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

HERO OF YUGOSLAVIA!!!

I nominate 238th Gruja.

Would be impossible whit out Gruja as GCI in environment 10 Blue to 1 Red. The campaign feels like EAST 1999 Yugoslavia.

I would like as well to thank pilots as Esac_mirmidon, RightStuff and 238th Falcon as great additions to my immersion in this campaign.

Congratulations to our BLUE friends.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Thanks to all pilots, admins, server owner for the great battle! It was great fun even if we didn't manage to win. I hope you won't make it too realistic next time as a tiny bit of arcade isn't always a bad thing, and please keep some space for lonewolves (sometimes blue/red would have had 0 players without them). Congrats to blue team, see you on the next round! Oh and big thank you to Gruja, true general of the Red Army.

As for Mvp I'd say Viking_Tsunami, very deadly and skilled A-10 pilot as well as Su-27!

Edited by roccoo

Because of GCI nominations and only paying attention to GCI I have deliberately expanded the list of nominees at close to 50 people. People, be honest and observe the work of all those aforementioned people on my list.

Gruja is my friend and i`m nominate him too but as bomber and deserve it as very efective bomber - not f*ck*g GCI.

If you continue to favorite GCI you directly neglecting helicopters without which nothing could be captured. You directly neglecting bombers as for ex. Arcus33 who clean two airbases in one flight... fighters who covering and dying for bombers and chopers.

Is GCI more useful for REDFOR than 373 guys wich themselves returning lost FARP`s, airports in every morning ... ?

Is GCI more useful for REDFOR than Russian pilots on the south when they with only small group capture, cover Sochi, Gudauta, Sukhumi and push Kutaisi?

Is GCI more useful for REDFOR than to see UH pilot work fast and you see on chat in small time intervals LOAD TROUPS - DROP TROUPS, LOAD TROUPS - DROP TROUPS...

Is GCI more useful for REDFOR than fighters from West when helping to protect EAST or viceversa?

Guys, GCI is important but not as bomber, helicopter and fighter.

Be honest and remember the work of some people on my list and their contribution to coalition when nominate (if that nominations are important at all).

Falcon said - now you can shot on me. :mad:

P.S. i don`t want any nomination - i want redfor as winer and all my work is only for that.

One more time my nomination for Gruja and his Su25 skills and all people on my list.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Thanks to the hosts!

It was great to be part of something new, I really enjoyed my time in the Campaign.

Also thanks to everyone on Blue who worked with us and helped co-ordinate our operations, it was great to work with so many new people who could do a solid job!

Really looking forward to working with you all again in the next round!

MVPs for Blue - IASGATG & APO. Both guys went the extra mile in terms of online time and co-ordination. They were little channel hopping bunnies making sure everyone knew the plan and what was going on. They both put in hard time on the scopes and also in what ever aircraft we needed for the job!

I don't know how it looked from the outside but for most of the time, Blue side was a total mess.... it was thanks to these two, and a few key others that we managed to string together some kind of momentum :D

G.I.SUCK - Also deserves a mention, right up until the last day the guy didn't own any Aircraft Modules for DCS and just spent all his time co-ordinating assets using GCI, he was another crucial component in our victory!

Also 104cdt_Octuplefire - This guy got 48 kills before getting shot down!

MVPs for Red - 238_Falcon & 51st_Tek, 51st_Frostie for the un-talked about fear they strike into BlueFor when they start dropping people, all of 373Sqn who would not give up and took off to meet us head on in the north time and time again.

Aries - Who despite suicidal odds always tried to make something happen right up to the death. I was the F-15 who chased him down inside a pack of 6 friendly A-10s, the guy caused havoc as blue on blue kills started happening when he got spotted, after sneaking right past our CAP.

When arrived on target he was deadly, when he didn't make it he took it like a man and got straight back in the seat with no abuse given.

Amazing - For the same reasons as Aries, this guy just never seemed to give up and without any fuss or foul language just kept on coming back and back to meet Blue in the middle!

Was glad to be part of this

S!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Congrats BLUEFOR!

I want to thanks to all my red kamarads. You are the best! :thumbup:

Sorry guys i can`t extract only one MVP because without each other, no one could do to much. So, my MVP`s are all pilots from Greece, Russia, Ukraina, Spain, Serbia, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Italy Germany, Netherland, Sweeden, Norway, Croatia, Algeria, Austria, Romania, Danmark, Belarus, France, Slovakia, Poland, USA, Malaysia, Japan and i hope so that i`m not forget some TS flag icon... and all that flags are very important to me and our REDFOR because give us at least two excellent pilots.

Also i don`t want to be partybreaker and from my respect for organizers i will nominate all the people without whom REDFOR would not have sufficient skills to compete to blues:

• <51>Teknetinium
  • <51>Frostie
  • <51>Breakshot
  • 373vFS_Greg
  • 373vFS_TaliG
  • 373vFS_SPANKER
  • 373vFS_Vasilis
  • 373vFS_Talos
  • 373vFS_Scooby
  • 373vFS_Nightmare
  • 373vFS_Crash
  • 373vFS_Cvah
  • =RAF=Mufller
  • =RAF=Eugen
  • Muh
  • GUMAR
  • =UVAF=Voka
  • =UVAF=GregOzby
  • =BK=Sal[81]
  • =BK=Союз[73]
  • Bidartarra
  • ESA_MIRMIDON
  • Viking_Tsunami
  • =238.lbae=Gruja
  • =238.lbae_Pincgauer
  • SL_PAK
  • Arcus33
  • =KAG=Rubin
  • Tello
  • =36=Ganalma
  • =36=Viking
  • =36=EviL
  • RightStuff
  • LokiFurian
  • Petkov
  • Freebird
  • SpeedStick
  • *NOB*Aries
  • DoW_Terrificfool
  • =EDP 71st= AlemaN
  • Hikikomori
  • [sH] Jinx
  • Spaceraver ............. EDITED
  • Варяг
  • 127.lae Tesanovic
  • 127.lae Radosavljevic
  • 127.lae Peric

These people are the most flying and giving maximum to the REDFOR - So, they are MVP`s. I hope i`m not forget someone...

Thanks Pikey. :)

My nominations for BLUEFOR go to Maverick, Sweeper, Plasikool, Xcom and Pikey of course. :D

When that f*ck#@$#%%$# ROUND3 starting!?

This man is explained everything...

Squads 373th, 51st, Raf, Uvaf, 127.lae, =36=, =BK= worked very good and that is normal but big surprise was lonewolfs who was on one TS chanell and flyed as a squad.

If we look kill ratio i think the Falcon have bigerst one cozz i saw in one moment his score was 9-1 and i nominated him. 51th have good kill ratio too and russian too, they done great job. Arcus33 in A2G menage to clean two bases in one flight.

I need to give respect to choper pilots who was veri patient in their job of transporting troops. I think ESA, Hes and Варяг are represents in transport aviation cozz that was their job all of time. On red side we have old guys who use to play this as i can say simulator wich is not yet and rookies who coming to be good pilots. Cheers for them... And yes in moments when there was no red guys on server we had MiG-23s who was very brave bots....

On blue side i can nominate 104th guys who was pain in the ass for red ones. They flyed like squad....

Yes we lost again from same reason and maybe you can make script for balanced number of players on bouth sides. For exm. if red side have two players, blue can have at least 3 more then red and same thing for other side..... In that way sides will be balanced all of time.....

See ya in next mission......

Would like to suggest breaking up the MVPs into different categories. Its not lost on me that lots of people put in a lot of hard work that might go under the radar or not be recognised.

Perhaps having something like...

Most Valued Fighter Pilot

Most Valued Striker Pilot

Most Valued Rotary Pilot

Most Valued Ground Commander

Giving more people a chance to have their hard work rewarded! This operation was too large in scope to have just one MVP on both sides :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2480935']Would like to suggest breaking up the MVPs into different categories. Its not lost on me that lots of people put in a lot of hard work that might go under the radar or not be recognised.

Perhaps having something like...

Most Valued Fighter Pilot

Most Valued Striker Pilot

Most Valued Rotary Pilot

Most Valued Ground Commander

Giving more people a chance to have their hard work rewarded! This operation was too large in scope to have just one MVP on both sides :)

I like it.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I would like to nominate =238.lbae=Gruja as the unifying factor on Red side.

I would like to thank him for taking us lone wolves in on the team and for coordinating our attacks and defenses.

Lots of fun when all coordinated.

And thanks for thinking of us "truck drivers" in the heli's ;)

Thanks to RightStuff also, for taking on the GC role, even if having not tried it much before.

I think <51>Teknetinium and 238.Falcon needs mentioning also, for giving us some hope against the horde of blue fighters coming our way.

In general I think Red team fought well, and came back several times.

(Can't mention all, because us heli pilots fly in a little bubble in the corner of the map, trying to hide from everyone. ;))

For Blue team, I don't know who to nominate, because I basically never had a chance to see who shot me in the a**. :P :D

I think one of my most memorable moments was this:

Flying Huey at approx 30 feet altitude in the dusk, speed 100+ knots to deliver troops for an enemy base.

Suddenly both my pilots are killed by a missile strike in front, and I am thrown in the side gunners seat, wondering why I cannot correct my chopper.

Looking out the front window while it in near perfect trim slowly starts a dive to the ground, pilots hanging over the controls..

Can't help thinking how that must have felt in real life..

Thanks for the fight guys.

And thanks to those who created this campaign. :)

/ HES

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thank you all for this round!

I gave it my best - Improved my flanker skills a whole lot thanks to just being present on TS.

I will give it my best again for next round!

Maybe more killing and less "Die Trying" next round..

Thank you so many times for taking your time to set up and be a part of this fantastic event. It improves my DCS experience by a 100km :D

EDIT: Gruja it was a honor to fly in your radar zone. VikingTsunami you are a beast in anything with wings, You both have learned me tricks just by listening and and being in TS with you guys. My Heroes you are!

Edited by Tello

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RighStuff certainly deserves a medal.

So does Bjarven for his MiG21 skills.

The best example of their skill was when the three of us managed to down two F-15s, one su-25 and a a-10 (If I recall correctly) all with two Migs21s, during an "intercept" south of Sochi. It only lasted for 5 minutes. Granted I died but that's a small price to pay. Especially after Bjarven looked at the track, and told me that those birds were part of a bigger packaged of 6/7 F-15 behind them.

• Like 1

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Unfortunately I was only able to join the last couple days as I was spending my DCS winter sleep, but I loved this thing. I definitely would love to see events like this in the future. It's just awesome that it goes on and on without a set date or time, and you can join whenever you like, yet at the same time it's something a hell of a lot more than your usual server flying! The way I see it this is only going to get bigger, better, and a lot more fun! Thanks to everyone who helped creating it!

Hi all,

This was a very enjoyable round 2 for the campaign. Was very immersive!

Every day in the duration of the campaign I was counting the hours at work until I can get home and log on to fly and make a difference with my squad in the AO.

Here are my nominations:

MVPs for Blue

IASGATG - for stepping up to the plate and assuming the commander role, but also for his quick thinking and good intuition for making command decisions on the fly.

ralfidude - for his brilliant videos and good commentary about the BlueFlag Campaign.

MVPs for Best Blue Squadron

104th Squadron - for their enviable F-15 skills!

42nd Squadron - for their sheer determination and doggedness to take an objective!

MVPs for Best Blue Weapon

20mm Shell - too many sorties I find myself wasting all my missiles! AIM-120s easily trashed in the valleys, never enough AIM-9s. Nothing beats a well executed guns bounce :thumbup:

MVPs for Red

51st_Teknetinium, 51st_Frostie - you two are the epitome of "Whispering Death" I played GCI quite a few times, I would usually see you only after you fired!

MVPs for Best Red Squadron

238 Squadron for their unbeatable wingman tactics!

MVPs for Most Deadly Red Weapon

R-27ET - no doubt this is the biggest surprise for me in this campaign, I have finally seen how this long lance can be used efectively. When the hair on the back of my neck starts standing up I fly like a transport plane pilot: releasing flares every few seconds!

MVPs for Neutral / Non-Aligned to any Coalition

The Ocean between Sochi and Sukuhmi in the pitch black of night - for an unbeatable kill to death ratio, remembering all those times at night that I've gone defensive, defeating a missile shot at me, but then not quite figuring out fast enough which way is UP!!! (vertigo...) :doh:

The residents of Sochi and Beslan - these two objectives changed hands so many times the residents there deserve not only a medal, but dual citizenship! :lol:

The window repair men of the whole theatre - working hard to fix all those broken windows from sonic booms... just remember who brought you all this business you are now making a killing on.

I could go on and on like the whore house in Batumi, the bearded lady in the Beslan circus (she misses you very much Aries...) :joystick:

But I think I will leave this for the next round!!

Last but not least, Xcom, Greg and Crash!

Salute!

Edited by ViFF
grammer
  • Like 1

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website