Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

gregzagk

This campaign was won by those relentless Blue pilots who fought well 2 to 1 in the European noon, when you consider Blue had at least 10 to 1 advantage in the small hours you can see the impossible task Red left themselves with.

Amazing stuff 373 and Xcom.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS TO THE BLUE SIDE!!!

043273-blue-jelly-icon-sports-hobbies-cup-trophy.png

Thank you everyone for honestly a very surprising campaign!

We never expected this much hype and we appreciate all the feedback you are giving us!

Great efforts from both sides!

It was amazing to fly with everyone, especially to have all the squadrons and lonewolves in the Teamspeak to meet finally the voices behind the nicknames!

As we saw, winning this campaign had to come from coordination and organization, flying alone would never allow a side to win.

I never enjoyed getting shot down so much, it was the best experience I had in online flight simulators since I started flying with ViFF in the old WarBirds in 1999.

I'd like to thank my colleagues at Buddy Spike -

Greg - For his unstopping ambition to bring something amazing to this excellent community, insight on balancing and performance, and eventually for suffering my stupid scripting bugs :)

Crash - For his great videos (you must watch them!) and incredible gadget/dynamic map, without it this campaign would not be complete!

Also to anyone who assisted us with bringing this campaign out, thank you all!

Greg will update here soon about the next round!

We have gathered most of the feedback and are constructing something that we hope will answer most of the requests.

Stay tuned!

EDIT -

Just saw the requests to put it back up so people can fly there.

We will put up a new version we have and it will be as a stress test so we can test some new features meanwhile and everyone can still join and fly while the test runs. (it will still be consistent)

Server will be restarted soon.

Edited by xcom

SERVER HAS BEEN RESET.

Situation is back to the start.

It will be running during the week as a stress test while we add new features.

Continuity will be kept until the start of the next round, so any actions you do will be saved during the week and in each restart of the server.

We will try to do the maintenance as we test the features without any interference, but there might be some maintenance times during the week.

Have fun!

Edited by xcom

Want to pass on my thanks to everyone involved in the creation of this event.

I know from bitter experience just how much work went into making this possible, you guys really did a fantastic job and blew it out the park!

Nothing like this has been seen in DCS before, you have taken us all along a new path!

Well done again gents, you should all be very proud!

It wasn't perfect but with the limitations and bugs that are present within in DCS you guys did an absolutely amazing job.

Credit where credit is due!

S!

And thanks to the Reds for all the action yesterday.... really enjoyed fighting you guys!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I was one of the red Huey lions over Maykop yesterday and it was one of my best online experience of my life.

Fighting outnumbered against blue invader steamroller, with the outstanding help from Gruja and the shout THIS IS SPARTA, a bunch of heroic red pilots were giving they lives for the motherland at Maykop pass.

I was dropping Shorad systems around Maykop with my side doors miniguns defending me and flying below dozens of A-10, F-15 and Su-25 when one enemy plane spotted me. I had just time to drop the Strela before getting shooted and then i saw, with my crew dead and the cockpit full of red heroical blood, the careless enemy flyby and, surprise !!!. The Strela hit him.

AHU !!!! AHU !!! AHU !!!.

Then i've took off again to defend the AB and Gruja again pointed me against and incoming Huey heading to the airfield. I saw an enemy Mi-8 landed waiting for the assault and my frontal miniguns shoting bringed him to pieces. The blue inmortals are mortals !!!!

Jerjes must be angry now because suddenly an angry enemy Huey came to defend the Mi-8 and we starting a deadly dance with side and frontal miniguns blazing all over. I was able to hit him first with a couple of shots but finally he got me and i was shot down. But the Spartans never surrender and in the ground still alive i had attracted for a couple of minutes his bullets gaining some time for the Maykop defenders.

Finally the Maykop pass was taked but we, red Spartans, have winned a most important price. GLORY AND HONOUR for the motherland and the history inmortallity. We are going to be remembered.

Thanks for this great campaign. Take in count the kind advices we are writting in this thread and continue improving it because it worth every minute and effort it takes.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi all,

From the 42nd Red Kites, we want to thank Xcom and Greg for their server and work, Crash for his amazing (and I used it everyday the last week and can we have coords on the farps plskthx) tool, the memorable Red team members Falcon, Frostie, Telekenetium, Scooby, Cvah, Aries, Nightmare and all the others that shot me down remorselessly.

42 would be happy to assist playtesting new features in the future, especially LotATC (check VEAF also, they have licenses)

Highlights:

1. Defending Tblisi, let us not forget being camped, having no EWR, surrounded and outnumbered.

2. The Battles of Beslan...wow, some furballs to remember.

3. The first capture of Nalchik and Vody, the excitement in the dark :)

4. Two hour waits in a shut down chopper, waiting for the skies to clear of fighters (Smudge watched Robocop 2 so it was ok...)

5. "Greg is in a chopper"

6. EWR...our friend beyond the Wall.

7. Server restarts with inbound troops after a 50 miler.

8. Some really cool times as an Pseudo AWACS in Tactical command. LotATC current version tested fine since Beta 9!

9. AND MEETING AND WORKING WITH NEW FRIENDS! Especially old and new friends of the blue side TAW, the VEAF, IAF, 104th and oodles of lonewolves that came in like Beamrider and all the other names I forgot.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Seems to be a nice event. Congrats to the creators and all participants. :thumbup:

Maybe I will join the server during the stress test this week and take a look.

Unfortunately the minimalistic usage of ground units could be a showstopper for me. Hopefully ED will improve the netcode some day. And such an event screams for an integrated voice chat, too!

Integrated voice chat assumes you only talk when your game client is running :) This isn't true, often people use Team Speak?vent/Mumble/Raidcall etc as a way of looking for people and "presence". Or simply holding meetings. In game would just add another method that people switch off.

Ground unit netcode however. wow I had no idea. ED please look at this right after 2.0 main release!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Is the teamspeak server down?

TS looks to be up.

I heard Master Arms were working on something called MARS which incorporates usage of the airplanes & choppers frequencies and radio systems.

Not sure where it stands, but if it is ready to be used for in game voice comms, it would be amazing to add to the campaign!

Integrated radios with voice would add the correct way to communicate when you are in an aircraft. But I see what you say there Pikey but would it be difficult to have both? One key press for in-game MIC and one for Teamspeak, we have several keys in Teamspeak at the moment just to have whispers and channel switching.

Got to say yesterday afternoon will be remembered for a long time by me, 2 Kh29Ts and a vikhr simultaneously hitting 3 blue choppers at Maykop just after they'd taken it was beautiful to watch on the TV.

Then immediately merging and splashing an A-10, then a Mig21 on my six, missile trails streaming past me as my IR jammer blinded him, was it a mad friendly I couldn't tell but he over shot and took an Archer for it. Then take out the strela to take Maykop back. Land and head to take the Northern Farp, Derk sorted the chopper while I headed back to the mayhem at Maykop. Derk worked tirelessly to keep a chopper ready at all times, could have done with you on Friday.

Now Red fighters were furiously trying to stop the endless tide of F-15s over Maykop.

Sneaked in on their backs, chased an F-15 and splashed a Mig-21. Get on the ground at Maykop refuel and push for Min Vody, trying to notch the nails coming at Maykop again I finally reach Min vody, alone and merging with F-4s and eventually getting splashed by the Buk while tangled with the remaining F-4, all from my 25T from Krymsk.

Haven't experienced such drama for quite some time, thanks to support from the 238 guys Gruja for taking up the role of battle commander in our time of need and Falcon for his Flanker skills. Gruja our Toads were so close on Friday to taking Min Vody back twice, the luck was just against Red Helis.

As Maverick says this is a new era in public server play, myself and Bundy have tried to create something akin to this on our servers in the past but nowhere near the level achieved here it is simply an outstanding creation. Thanks Xcom and Greg for your endeavours and long may it continue.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

A little update.

We now added ServMan for server administration.

In consequence, the pilots online in the website or the gadget is not updating, so please don't rely on it until it is fixed. However, the map is updating correctly.

Using ServMan we will be able to create the ban lists we wanted to keep the server free of problems and also to limit the ping which is currently set to a limit of 300.

The server will run with ServMan this week to stress test how it holds again with the large numbers we had in the campaign (around 60).

So please help us, whenever you are able join and enjoy the stress test so we can get a picture of how the server holds now under stress with ServMan installed.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Congrats to the Blue side for winning the 1st round! Really well playerd!

Special thanks and congratulations to the Red side for having a blast fighting back the Blue side.

See you all in the 2nd round.

Details will follow asap.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP