GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Hi Andre, one thing I noticed, raising/lowering the gear in the A10C is a very short duration effect. Would it be possible to alter it so you can feel the shaking for a longer duration, pretty much like when you move the flaps, but stronger? :)

Hi EntropySG,

yes I agree, it's a pretty week effect. The reason is at A-10C I have less information about gear state if compare with other airframes. But I will work on it. May be I can bypass this bottleneck with some sophisticated logic. Stay in touch :)

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andrey,

Sure, high speed shudders and drag parachute would be great for the MiG-21. Not sure if one could feel flaps movement or that it would me more of a speed up/down sensation.

Hi Andrey,

Sure, high speed shudders and drag parachute would be great for the MiG-21. Not sure if one could feel flaps movement or that it would me more of a speed up/down sensation.

high speed shudders - OK, let's work on it;

drag parachute, flaps - I don't think the way to get their state for MiG-21 yet, sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators

Huge СПАСИБО to you for this software!

I was devastated when realised that this seat cover working only in Sh*t Thunder and World of Sh*t tanks... Now it have second life!

Going to donate...

Edited by P61

AKA LazzySeal

Huge СПАСИБО to you for this software!

I was devastated when realised that this seat cover working only in Sh*t Thunder and World of Sh*t tanks... Now it have second life!

Going to donate...

You are most welcome, P61 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I ordered my KW-908 from Andrey on June 16th. Within 12 hours of the Paypal transaction I had a tracking number and link for the Russian postal site. The seat wasn't released from Russia till the 2nd of July and I received it on July 8. :)

I had an couple of hours to try it out. First setting it up is a piece of cake. Download the two programs from Andrey's site then plug the seat in. Start the program and everything is up and running then just start DCS. Woo Hoo!

The good stuff now. :) so if your looking for force feed back for your backside you came to the right place. This gives you that seat of the pants feel in some ways, unfortunately it doesn't give you yaw but what it does is great. Yaw would need to be something that presses on your side and not vibrate anyways.

Your sitting on the runway and the seat is quiet, as you power up and go into burner you feel a slight rumble from your back then as you start rolling the vibes get heavier. At Vr start pulling back on the stick and once the main gear leaves the ground the vibes stop. Gear up and you feel each gear hit the up locks individually. Once cleaned up and with some air between you and terra firma, try some hard g turns and as you approach the stall you'll get intermittent vibes then pull harder and with the stall warning screaming in your ears your seat is on full tilt! Release the stick and it's all quite again. Now fire that cannon and and feel it in your butt. One of the slickest features I found was when dropping say a GBU-12 you will feel a slight vib from the side the ordinance left the plane from, yes you can tell which side of the aircraft it left from. I pickled one away and thought "gee I didn't feel it come off, weird" sure enough it was still on the rack!

Coming back to home plate you deploy the boards to bleed some altitude and speed and feel the rumble in your seat. There is no excuse now to forget the boards and wonder why the performance now sucks as you add lots of power.....I'm sure I'll still find an excuse somewhere. So do the overhead break and take some flap, little vibe then throw the gear out and feel each main lock into place, don't pull to hard to get onto final or you'll get the shudder feeling again.:)

Get into the groove in the flare and you got that sweet spot were you aren't sure if you are down (haha, all the time I know right:) well have no fear as soon as the mains touch the runway the vibes start. I knew the ground was somewhere down here. Taxiing in you still have the vibes of the stiffly suspended airframe. Get to parking and shut down, open the canopy and get a small vibe from it and your all done.

I haven't played with all the adjustments for the vibrations and had so much fun feeling the bombs dropping that I only played around with the A10c and MIG21.

If you want to add some more realism to your game, this certainly does the trick. Coming from a guy who has 17000 hours and flies heavy composite/metal for work and a Tigermoth and Cornell for fun. When I want to break air laws and shoot stuff down and blow stuff up then it's DCS. I can attest to the feelings of gear, flaps, speed brakes, stalls and ground movements adding to your sensory perception with the seat doing its thing. As far as throwing lead from the nose and dropping large metal objects from your wings, I can only go by what I've seen on videos and that seems pretty close to reality.

Do I like it......Yes

Would I buy it again.....oh yes.

Feeling GBU-12s coming off the racks......PRICELESS!

Thanks very much to Andrey for helping me get the seat and for doing the work to make it shake in all the right ways!

Now only if I could figure out how to sneak this out and get it to fit in my house :))

a320simextsmall.jpg

Edited by wingnut
  • Like 1

:thumbup:[sIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/27wvRIj.png[/sIGPIC]

I have received my seat and I have set it up and tested under Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Seems to work fine hardware/drivers/software wise. I have not yet tested in DCS World but I will shortly.

Thanks to Andrey for his help in getting me the seat and for the great software....

In depth review to follow.....

Out

Edited by PoleCat

Wingnut did you try ejection? You should if you don't :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

HiWay,

I did have to eject the other day after ending up with a uncontrollable aircraft.:helpsmilie: Hang on to your hat or should say seat! :lol:

For the multi players out there, I went onto the 104th server and tried the F-15 and A10c and the seat worked the same with all the vibrations as for when I'm offline.:thumbup:

:thumbup:[sIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/27wvRIj.png[/sIGPIC]

Man o man! I am so looking forward to getting one of these seats. Andrey is working on it at the moment. This has to be right up there with TrackIR.

My hats off to Andrey because he is selfishly giving of his time to make a wonderful DCSW even more enjoyable. Salute!

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Man o man! I am so looking forward to getting one of these seats. Andrey is working on it at the moment. This has to be right up there with TrackIR.

My hats off to Andrey because he is selfishly giving of his time to make a wonderful DCSW even more enjoyable. Salute!

:)

I suggest you'd better stop reading this forum thread until you've got your seat, Ron :)

(joke)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I know.

:)

I suggest you'd better stop reading this forum thread until you've got your seat, Ron :)

(joke)

Is it Christmas yet?;)

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

It's a Yankee thing.

Christmas? I don't know such a joke...

It's a holiday in America where we exchange gifts but it's really the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Won't go beyond that.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting one of these, but have a few questions first.

1. Will the Gamtrix cushion fit into an Obutto Ozone seat?

WP_000447_zpsa7c1ecc2.jpg

2. How loud is it? Is it much louder than say typing or fans on a graphics card?

3. Is the Mig-21 supported? (and other 3rd party modules)

4. Will there be support for new modules in the future such as the F/A-18C or the Mi-24?

5. Is this device USB powered? Or does it require to be plugged into an electrical outlet?

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Hi TomOnSteam,

here are the answers:

1. Will the Gamtrix cushion fit into an Obutto Ozone seat?

In my opinion it will fit perfectly.

2. How loud is it? Is it much louder than say typing or fans on a graphics card?

It's not louder than typing or fans on a graphics card. Am I correct, pilots?

3. Is the Mig-21 supported? (and other 3rd party modules)

Yes, Mig-21 and other 3rd party modules are supported.

4. Will there be support for new modules in the future such as the F/A-18C or the Mi-24?

I haven't heard yet about Mi-24 to be released, but I'm going to add support for F/A-18 and the others if it's required by the community.

5. Is this device USB powered? Or does it require to be plugged into an electrical outlet?

It requires to be plugged into an electrical outlet. And it goes with Russian standart AC plug, so in some countries an adapter should be used.

KW-908%2Badapter.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adapter

Okay, Andrey has my seat in transit. I know I will need a Russian to USA electrical adapter as Andrey has indicated. For any of you in the USA that have been down this road already, where did you obtain the correct adapter from? I've done a Google search and all I find is adapters if one is going to Russia with USA plugs, not the other way round.:( Appreciate any feed back.:helpsmilie: Thanks.

Instead of using the included adapter, you could try searching for a linksys router adapter. 12v 1amp is pretty much standard on most of their models and they are available in 110v with a US plug. The barrel jack should also have the correct polarity, though be sure to double check the label on the adapter(the (-)-C.-(+) symbol).

Should the barrel jack not fit or have a different polarity, you can cut off the one on the Russian adapter and solder or otherwise connect it to the US adapter.

Edited by Pfeil

Thanks

Instead of using the included adapter, you could try searching for a linksys router adapter. 12v 1amp is pretty much standard on most of their models and they are available in 110v with a US plug. The barrel jack should also have the correct polarity, though be sure to double check the label on the adapter(the (-)-C.-(+) symbol).

Should the barrel jack not fit or have a different polarity, you can cut off the one on the Russian adapter and solder or otherwise connect it to the US adapter.

I take it the adapter that comes with the seat converts AC to DC and uses the barrel type plug that is usually used for such adapting. If that is the case, I think I can make the correct acquisition of what I will need. I have found adapters that would allow the Russian plug to be plugged into a US wall socket. May be more simple than I am making it, but will know once I have the seat. I will be mindful of the polarity of the barrel plug. Don't want to damage this seat as from what Andrey indicates, they are not easy to get any more.

Edited by Chief1942
Add to post

Okay, Andrey has my seat in transit. I know I will need a Russian to USA electrical adapter as Andrey has indicated. For any of you in the USA that have been down this road already, where did you obtain the correct adapter from? I've done a Google search and all I find is adapters if one is going to Russia with USA plugs, not the other way round.:( Appreciate any feed back.:helpsmilie: Thanks.

Hi Ron,

I sugest you will want to use something like that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-European-Euro-EU-to-US-USA-Travel-Charger-Adapter-Plug-Outlet-Converter-/380948416740

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]